Discussion Forums » In The News
French plane lost in ocean storm
0 likes [|reply]
2 Jun 2009, 16:46
DecentralizedByGuilt
And your better solution is what? to give up
to say screw it, bec it wont work for all

that's not good enough

UK: "The government's own agency, the Energy Saving Trust, is trying to ensure that all new homes will be powered in part by solar power before the end of 2010."

and if you think there are no working solar building n the UK, you better look around before you make up stupid shit that is in no way true whatsoever
0 likes [|reply]
2 Jun 2009, 16:57
Transit
Yeah, I guess I should look around my own kingdom, the estate on the edge of town currently being built with zero solar panels being installed on buildings, oh how stupid for me to know about the place I live in.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Jun 2009, 17:02
DecentralizedByGuilt
You mixed two things as one.

1. a UK branch of teh government it's self is pushing for all new homes to have solar panels, it doesnt mean they are now.

2. the UK already has many buildings, homes, cars, taxis, etc etc with solar. so YES
open your eyes
0 likes [|reply]
2 Jun 2009, 17:09
Transit
I shouldn't have to say it, but read. Then find me the passage where I stated that the UK does not have solar panels.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Jun 2009, 20:17
DecentralizedByGuilt
yeah, we are talking about different things. I get that

you hate the sun with a passion

you can not stand it that your own country is moving towards solar power

so you kick and scream those fucking bastards how dare they! dont they no the evil sunlight is the reason you have trees, bushes - plant life, and evil humans can live where you do because of sunlight only, and teh vitamin B that you must have from sun light in order to be healthy.

being an enemy of the sun, is about as idiotic as you can get,. so stop it

I'm not interested in you think what cant be done there. while the rest of your country is doing it anyway, and doesnt care what you enemies of teh sun think.

get real

stop being so anti-solar

maybe you are pro-geothermal
or pro- perpetual motion, who knows, you sure in the hell dont say, you only preach anti-SUN, the sun that makes all life possibly.

stop it

if you live where there is plant life- a green scenery, you have enough sun light to power all your need with solar, period. you just have to think bigger, like others are already doing where you live, by your own government trying to make it the law that all new houses have solar panels

wake up
0 likes [|reply]
2 Jun 2009, 21:53
~RedFraggle~
Lol. How does being skeptical about the efficiency of solar power mean that she hates sunshine? That's ridiculous. Some of your comments were actually sounding intelligent until that one.

I think the point that both Transit and I were trying to make is that while solar power is a GOOD thing, it has it's limitations, and can help to an extent, it is not a solution to the problem in itself, and cannot be applied to every situation. I don't see why you've taken such personal offense to that.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Jun 2009, 22:34
DecentralizedByGuilt
often in order to point out how ridiculus one's thinking is, you take their thinking to an extreme level to try and get them to see how ridiculous they're being.

everyone does that, well.... i know i do, often ;D
0 likes [|reply]
2 Jun 2009, 22:20
Transit
I'm not anti-solar, I'm just realistic.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Jun 2009, 22:26
DecentralizedByGuilt
and the reality is every bit helps, so stop knocking down solar, and being such a pessimist, without offering a possible better, or compatible solution. Or... are you happy with the way things are headed?
0 likes [|reply]
2 Jun 2009, 22:46
Transit
So, I'm not allowed to say that solar isn't working (which is true here) unless I can create another way of generating energy? In answer to a previous statement saying that if I live around green scenery then solar power can work, well I live in a very scenic area of Wales, yet we have wind turbines instead of solar farms as we don't have enough light, in the winter we get 6 hours of daylight, with almost constant thick cloud cover. Plants can store energy and release it during times when sunlight is lacking, solar panels cannot.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Jun 2009, 22:52
DecentralizedByGuilt
And I'm telling you solar does work there. That you just dont have enough of them
0 likes [|reply]
2 Jun 2009, 23:05
Transit
Which I haven't denied, you've just ignored everything I have said and instead invented things and claimed I've said them. If you are passionate about something or interested, actually listen to what people are saying, by ignoring their every word and instead resorting to being a bit childish and making things up you just make yourself seem immature and a bit stupid, so people may think what you believe/point put across are a load of rubbish because of your manner. Not a single one of your replies to me has reflected anything I have said, you can enjoy playing the fool if you want, but it only makes you and your position on the topic look extremely poor.

Though you should note that American mix solar panels produce 45% carbon dioxide than UK mix solar panels, the solar panel with the highest efficiency is 14% and the lowest 9%. If you look on a solar energy map, you will see the UK has 1 hour a day on average, America ranges from 1 to 5 hours, but 2 hours being the most common. Not only that, a chemical used to made solar panels is 17,000 times stronger than carbon dioxide as a cause of global warming (NF3).
0 likes [|reply]
2 Jun 2009, 23:31
DecentralizedByGuilt
dude you went on and on abut how solar cant work. You offered no type of better idea, just pure negativity

and you're still at it. nf3 a greenhouse gas, could be dangerous if it was realised into the atmosphere in large unregulated concentrations, that dont go through the process of breaking it down first like what is down now ie it's not being released in large quantities, nor would mass producing solar panels have any significant effect on the atmosphere.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jun 2009, 08:30
Transit
So, is the moral of the story, we can only put forward the positives unless we ourselves are capable of creating another source of renewable energy?
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jun 2009, 16:53
DecentralizedByGuilt
well, energy, like most things, does have a positive and a negative. and it's this combo that keeps us spinning, makes the world go round n round

all positive makes me puke

and all negative makes me puke

but together = perfect ;D
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jun 2009, 00:22
DecentralizedByGuilt
Lets try a different rout. Solar may not be the best way to go in the UK
I personally dont believe that, but it;s kay, no problem
target solar for the UK

now what?

do you guys have any volcanoes?

how do you feel about nuclear, and the new nuclear fusion plant being experimented with?

do wind mills kill birds? lol

can perpetual motion work?

what exactly is zero point energy? is it just a misguided name attached to what it really isnt, that it's a way to tap int the entire universe being a sort of electro magnetic energy, in that every thing consist of smaller moving things. and what about tapping into ocean waves as an energy source?
do you have damns there?

What if the products we use are built with nano tech, and are more efficient, or just build them more efficiently and what for nanotech to save the world.

i'd rather talk about great ideas that might work.

exmp: try a step stole to reach that
No, a latter might work better

you dig

and yes, those are the rules: you cant knock something down, unless you have a better solution.
unless of course the idea is preposterous, like saying eh fuck it, our sun will go into a red giant dome day and there will be no earth, and not a single sign that there ever was a mankind, and i wont live for 100 years anyway, so do nothing and accept what is is is
that we can shoot down

those are the rules. want to play the game?
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jun 2009, 00:23
DecentralizedByGuilt
i mean forget* solar for the UK
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jun 2009, 08:44
Transit
All our volcanoes are dead

I'm all for nuclear, a lot of people don't like it due to danger, but when you actually compare it to all other energy sources, there have been far less nuclear accidents.

I don't like wind turbines at the moment, they last for 20 years, it would take 30 years to offset all the carbon released in making the actual turbine and putting it all up. Plus our local hills are covered in turbines and now look extremely ugly, I must also say, who ever put them there must be an idiot, I've never seen any of them actually move.

We have very small damns, but the severn estuary would be a very good source of energy, but due to local wild life and keeping the area in a good state, it looks like this wont be done. It would be very large and would stretch the whole way from England to Wales! It would be 10 miles long and cost £20 billion, it would only have a life time of 200 years, the UK's carbon emissions would be cut by 3% annually. Migratory birds depend on the huge mudflats in the estuary, these would no longer exist. There would also be flooding all along the surrounding coast which is quite built up in some areas, in other areas coastal erosion would be speeded up quite a lot, coastal erosion is already a massive problem in the UK. It would cost an extra £3 Billion in conservatory actions. Fish like salmon and eels wouldn't be able to spawn, which would greatly effect Scottish salmon and so, trawlers. It would meet at most 5% of the UK's electricity needs. People have been working on this since the early 1980's, approval has still not been met due to so many problems.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jun 2009, 18:26
DecentralizedByGuilt
grrr lost me whole comment- twice now,lol
once bec bloop signed me out when i click post reply. and now I just accidentally thought i was on a different tab, and i been running around here to....eating breakfest and stuff, jus woke up ;D
so now lets try the short version again. had a nice loooong comments. but now writing it for the third time-- i just cant.
lucky you gets the short short version ;D

Volcanoes- a dumb way to mean geothermal, and how it can now pretty much reach anywhere in teh world, as we are seeing: Enhanced Geothermal Systems

wind- many seem to big, but i guess they work, i think a bunch of smaller ones would work better, but that like solar, there isnt enough. I still say solar roof tops for all homes and buildings is a must, regardless of how much sunlight one gets, bec every little bit helps, even a branch of your own government wants to make all new homes where you live be require to have solar. I agree fully. It's the contractors that are botching where you live, they bitch about the added cost. and we saw this same type of bitching with all housing safety codes, and building codes being updated, that whenever a cost goes up for anything, people will complain. but in this case, complaint is non-valid when one considers the benefits and savings in the long run

damns we got one of the largest in the world- hoover damn, which created Lake Mead, which is right behind my house- well over the MT. i can be there in about 15-20 min ;D
but, i dont see why not put paddle wheels in rivers, and not damn them.

There are tones of other alternatives energy ideas as well, this one has potential to: FREE ENERGY Home Generator
0 likes [|reply]
2 Jun 2009, 01:41
BROTHERJIM_4_JC
Unless they could find a way to fill their pockets, then they would be all for it. :)
0 likes [|reply]
2 Jun 2009, 01:47
DecentralizedByGuilt
exactly :)
0 likes [|reply]
2 Jun 2009, 00:15
DecentralizedByGuilt
ps. He's far from teh only one that does this. In fact here in the US all the many solar power users that we have, get tax breaks for using solar.

it's getting quite popular here. Especially where i live. te NV desert,lol

no really, we have miles of solar here. but we generate Las Vegas with the Hover Damn that has turbines for teh might colorado river.

we have more light than any place on earth, and we generate them with water and solar
0 likes [|reply]
2 Jun 2009, 01:39
BROTHERJIM_4_JC
Yeah Solar Power in NY...Where the sun seems to never shine. :)
0 likes [|reply]
2 Jun 2009, 20:53
Super Logica
I know next to nothing about solar power, but don't criticise wind power!
0 likes [|reply]
2 Jun 2009, 21:53
~RedFraggle~
Yes, wind power... definitely something the UK can utilise!
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends