Search
Not Logged In
Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
Have you thought about leaving Bloop, yo?
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2009, 20:33
Estella
OMGWTFBBQ - HAVE YOU BEEN TOTALLY ABSENT FROM BLOOP?! LIKE, HAVE YOU NOT SEEN THE VAST ARRAY OF DUCK LIPS ON 'BLOOP HOT OR NOT'? IT IS ALL PART OF THE EMO POSE FOR MYSPACE AND FACEBOOK. (OF COURSE, YOU'RE NOT DOING IT PROPERLY - YOU COULD NOT PASS AS A HARDCORE EMO. A SIGN OF YOUR OLDNESS AND UNTRENDINESS, NATURALLY! ;D)
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2009, 20:35
love♥nik
LMAO!!!!! I think the last time I looked at Bloop's Hot Or Not was w/ that feisty fiasco back in Feb/Mar! XD

But ahh yes, I have been guilty of the emo look. xD Haven't done it in a long time though! XD Unless my friends and I were making fun of said emo look. XD
0 likes [|reply]
23 May 2009, 06:58
.Blue Bella.
What happened to that crazy nut?!
0 likes [|reply]
23 May 2009, 07:04
love♥nik
I have no idea.... Kinda miss that brand of crazy.... xD
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2009, 21:22
mixie
Bloop Hot or Not!!!! That is the funniest thing ever, I don't think anyone on Bloop is mean enough to say "you're ugly" without being anonymous! Though I do like it for easily putting faces with names.
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2009, 21:25
Estella
I ONCE SAID SOMEONE WAS UGLY, YO. LIKE, SHE WAS. SO I SAID IT. NOT IN A MEAN WAY BUT JUST IT WAS SO OBVIOUS THAT I MIGHT AS WELL POINT IT OUT, AS EVERYONE ELSE WAS MAINTAINING A SILENCE. LIKE I SAID NICE THINGS ABOUT HER, BUT ALSO THAT SHE WASN'T PRETTY. AND THEN ONCE I'D SAID IT, EVERYONE SAID HOW PRETTY SHE WAS, WHICH WAS JUST SILLY AND PATRONISING, BECAUSE SHE OBVIOUSLY WASN'T.
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2009, 21:32
mixie
LOL. Well... I've never posted a response on Hot or Not personally, I never really understood the point of it. I just liked to browse through and see how all the screen names fit the faces.
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2009, 22:19
LIONESS
LOL
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2009, 19:42
Doc
Not quite sure of the reason behind this post... but ah well. Personally, I left for Bloop a while. Got some stuff in my life straightened out and came back. Having been here since the beginning, I can understand why someone would want a break.

I can say this though... you will not find the quality of features on a blog/diary web site out there anywhere that you have right here. heh
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2009, 19:45
mixie
I just wanted to know if anyone has gone somewhere else and found more of a "community" setting than Bloop has become... I used to feel so at home here. Like we had a family! Seems the answer though, is no. Which is just as well because I am a die-hard bloopie... I just want to meet some new people in new places like I used to be able to do easily in the old Bloop days....
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2009, 19:53
ConfessionsOfStAce
Personally, I use here and OD. (Open Diary) I have been on OD for years now, and have many close friends. It took building, like it has done here. But, I think in leaving Bloop, you let the childish idiots win, and thats not what we want. If we are to keep this place, and keep it going the way it should, then we need not to leave just because, but create our own spice to get this place back to its old self. Make sense?
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2009, 19:58
mixie
I guess it makes sense although I'm not really sure what you were trying to explain? I'm not really viewing this as a winning/losing competition but rather that I am not getting what I used to out of the site. If the majority of people here are not in my age range/lifestyle there is not much I can do, as a user said in my diary entry, I do enjoy the anonymity I have here, so I haven't been/wouldn't be willing to ask people I know "IRL" to come over to bloop to try to "build it back up" or "create spice" I still do have friends here and have made a few new ones since I came off friends-only, and I already said I wasn't leaving.... Pretty much, that is why I asked for everyone else's ideas as to what we should do.
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2009, 20:11
Estella
I ALSO DON'T THINK IT'S ABOUT WINNING OR LOSING. I DON'T SEE MYSELF IN A CONTEST WITH ANYONE, YO. OF COURSE I JOKE THAT MY HATERZ WILL REJOICE IF I LEAVE - BUT THEN IF I STAY TO STOP THEM REJOICING, I'M ACTUALLY LETTING THEM DICTATE WHAT I DO. WHEREAS IF I LEAVE BECAUSE I'M BORED OR IT'S TIME TO MOVE ON, I DO THAT FOR MYSELF, YO.
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2009, 20:06
Estella
I THINK THE THING WITH COMMUNITIES IS THAT YOU BUILD THEM YOURSELF. LIKE, NO SITE IS REALLY A COMMUNITY IN ITSELF, ALTHOUGH SOME CLAIM TO BE. YOU GET TO KNOW VARIOUS PEOPLE ON THE SITE, AND IF YOU'RE LUCKY ENOUGH TO FIND PEOPLE YOU REALLY CLICK WITH, AND IF YOU ALL MAKE AN EFFORT TO FORM FRIENDSHIPS, THEN A COMMUNITY IS BORN. IT'S KIND OF LIKE GOING TO A HUGE HIGH SCHOOL, OR A UNIVERSITY - THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE AND YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY GET TO KNOW THEM ALL. IF YOU DON'T FORM A GROUP OF FRIENDS, THEN YOU FIND IT A LONELY PLACE. BUT IF YOU DO, THEN YOU'LL FIND A GREAT COMMUNITY. BUT IT'S NEVER A READY-MADE COMMUNITY - YOU HAVE TO MAKE AN EFFORT. AND OF COURSE IT'S ALWAYS HARDER AT THE BEGINNING. I FIND OFTEN THE BIGGER SITES CAN BE THE BEST PLACES TO FORM COMMUNITIES, BECAUSE THERE IS SUCH A WIDE VARIETY OF PEOPLE, YOU ARE BOUND TO FIND SOME WHO ARE SIMILAR TO YOU.
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2009, 20:15
mixie
Good point- Bloop isn't nearly as big as it used to be... and it is more obscure. I contributed to my loneliness by being on friends-only for SO long. Maybe I just also don't want to face the fact that I am becoming more involved in my "IRL" community and on other special interest sites and don't have as much time to read many others' entries besides my friends! How sad for me :[
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2009, 20:51
tumbling;echo xx
I totally agree with you, Doc...which is why despite the BS, I'm still here. lol
0 likes [|reply]
23 May 2009, 01:18
my favorite axe.
Agreed - bloop has the best features, by far. I mean what other site has the "who's viewed" feature? Where else can I laugh at the silly people who view my every entry - often minutes after I posted it - but have never commented me? I love that. It's like "Hey! She's interesting...oh but, wait...not interesting enough to comment. Maybe next entry".
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2009, 20:08
love♥nik
I honestly don't think I'll ever COMPLETELY leave, but I don't really write here anymore either. My entries are retarded things like videos and random pictures of hot guys or me babbling when I haven't slept in days. My real writing I do on my lj, which I've actually had longer than my bloop.

This place just holds too many memories, even if they have been erased and the ppl gone.

But yes, it has been quite boring as of late. @__@
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2009, 20:11
Vanna
After the most recent crash, I stopped using Bloop as my diary. I am only here to keep up with the friends I have made the last few years. I use OD for my real entries and just post "hey im okay. kids are good." entries here now.
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2009, 20:18
sumamen
I have left a couple of times, due to my own stupidity. I always come back. Why? Because I realize why I joined BLoop to begin with...I joined to have a place to write blogs and have others' to read. I didn't come here for drama..even though I start some of it..haha

In other words, if you don't like it leave. There is no need to hang out somewhere where you don't want to be. It just brings you down and others around you down.

I have learned from my mistakes, and I am NOT repeat NOT going anywhere. Steve has worked so hard, along with others, to get Bloop up and running and I think I, at least, owe it to him to be faithful.

I will continue to write here, and get xtra. Even when I can't walk or find my teeth! lol
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2009, 20:20
sumamen
One more thing..

If you thrive on the Dear Annon. diary, and that's the only reason you stay here, you don't have much of an exciting life anyways..maybe you should try something else out! :-D
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2009, 20:37
.love.struck.
Well said! I completely agree with you on this. I came and gone here several times in the past. Bloop simply is the best when it comes to the functions and layouts. I come here to write and to actually have a friendship with my favorites. I don't come here to get my daily does on the drama and to be disrespectful.
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2009, 21:29
mixie
yep, me too. Which is why I barely read Dear Anon and laughed at it. What I meant about Dear Anon was, by the drama being anonymous and in one diary... that's all it is, is drama. It's no longer someone's life that you can relate to their experiences and form a relationship with.

I just recently opened up from friends only a few months back, and while I immediately buddied up with a few people, it seems that there are not all that many that I can relate with on here anymore, most people have left or barely write anymore. I do love Bloop's features, which is why I've not had any other online diary in years, and why I have Xtra.
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2009, 20:51
tumbling;echo xx
lol Good point...
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2009, 21:20
mixie
LOL. Seems like you've missed the point.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends