Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
:D Your Bloop History :D
0 likes [|reply]
11 May 2009, 10:47
Hayley McBayley
How long have you been a member of Bloop? 5 years

Why did you join? Someone mentioned it on TOD so I thought I'd come over and look

How did members of Bloop treat you upon your arrival? I think I got one comment on my first entry! lol. But I joined in April, wrote one entry and then didn't start to write properly until the July.

How many diaries do you currently have? 1

Who was your 1st friend? wiggles, I knew her from TOD though.

How many Bloopers have you met in real life? 12 (I didn't realise I'd met that many people!)

How many Bloop enemies have you made? None

Name 3 things that you absolutely love about Bloop & 3 things that you just can't stand: I love the fact that I've made so many great friends here (including two of my best friends) and I love how I always feel supported when I'm feeling crap. There's not really anything I dislike.

Have you experienced a Bloop "crash" before? If so, how many times have you experienced it & how did it make you feel? What made you decide not to leave Bloop afterward? I think I've experienced all of them, haha. I was pretty gutted when I lost most of my entries but it was my own fault because I was too lazy to save them elsewhere lol

How many of your entries have been nominated for RC? None, haha

If you could change just 1 thing about Bloop, what would it be and why? Nothing
0 likes [|reply]
11 May 2009, 11:42
Jessica [Private]
How long have you been a memeber of Bloop? I'm thinking five years.

Why did you join? I wanted to write, and a friend of mine from school suggested Bloop!

How did members of Bloop treat you upon your arrival? The three whole comments I got on my very first entry were lovely ;D

How many diaries do you currently have? That’s are mine, and mine alone? Three. I have six other diaries on my switch list, in addition to my three. :]

Who was your 1st friend? I have absolutely no idea.

How many Bloopers have you met in real life? Three! :D

How many Bloop enemies have you made? Uh, hahaha. –hides-

Name 3 things that you absolutely love about Bloop & 3 things that you just can't stand:
Love:
-The friends that I've made,
-The random drama from nowhere that ensues.
-The different perspectives people have, and the opportunity I've had to meet people from all walks of life :]

Hate:
-The way people on this website use shit coding. WTF DUDE. ITS CALLED PROJECT SERVICE. Please step away from stupid Internet Explorer, and use a real browser. Then you can see how stupid your diary looks to the rest of us.
-Loud. Freaking. Music. Players. You all know, the ones that auto-start? Fuck you if you have one. Just saying.
-People who stalk your diary. You're blocked bro, GTFO. Don't make more diaries to come see me LOL about you behind your back.

Have you experienced a Bloop "crash" before? If so, how many times have you experienced it & how did it make you feel? What made you decide not to leave Bloop afterward? I've been here for all of them. We at three now? I've lost count ahha. First time I know there was that whole 'omg my diary!' bit. Then it was just like 'hey. I'd like to do something. Bloop I NEED YOU.' Addiction is bad.

How many of your entries have been nominated for RC? Quite a few when I First joined, actually. I don't know the number, but I know there were a bunch.

If you could change just 1 thing about Bloop, what would it be and why? Some type of 'shut the fuck up' feature. Obviously with a better name ;D Like an ignore feature, for the forums. So that I don't see threads made by shitheads I've ignored on the main page.

DIVISUALISE FOR THE FRONT PAGE, YO.

I'd also like to be able to have a setting, so that all diaries come up devisualized by default. It'd be so nice for on my cell.
0 likes [|reply]
11 May 2009, 12:09
.xoxo
How long have you been a memeber of Bloop? Well I have never been a memeber, but I have been a member since 2002ish. (It's funny to see how many people are memebers ;D )

Why did you join? I was over at TOD and it was just having problems, then my friend Kari told me about bloop and I came over here. I didn't stay for long though, but once TOD finally died I made the switch and came back. That is why I say 2002ish lol.

How did members of Bloop treat you upon your arrival? They were nice, I came with a lot of TOD refugees.

How many diaries do you currently have? Right now I have two, but lately I have been neglecting the other one.

Who was your 1st friend? Technically, it was Kari but we have been friends since the 3rd grade lol.

How many Bloopers have you met in real life? I have met 4 people total. I met Karissa when we were at TOD though, but she's a blooper now.

How many Bloop enemies have you made? None.

Name 3 things that you absolutely love about Bloop & 3 things that you just can't stand: I love that I can keep my friends updated, and stay updated with their life. The advice and friendships I have made through bloop, and the community. I cannot stand the stupid drama. There is a difference between stupid, and good. I am not usually in the drama so it's interesting to watch, but sometimes annoying. I hate Dear Anonymous, and I hate how a lot of people think they are always right and not open minded.

Have you experienced a Bloop "crash" before? If so, how many times have you experienced it & how did it make you feel? What made you decide not to leave Bloop afterward? Yeah, I experienced them all. It made me feel so anxious. I am on bloop numerous times a day and without it I didn't know what to do with myself!

How many of your entries have been nominated for RC? I think I might have been on there once. I personally would hate for my entry to be on RC, too many idiots.

If you could change just 1 thing about Bloop, what would it be and why? I would change two things about bloop, for it to have a free, and reliable server and for there to be an IQ test before someone can make a diary. ;D
0 likes [|reply]
11 May 2009, 12:31
.xoxo
I forgot to say why I didn't leave bloop. I could never leave bloop! It is apart of me now lol. I feel so weird without it there.

Also, another thing to change about bloop is to make it more cell phone friendly! Like bloop for mobile like myspace mobile.
0 likes [|reply]
11 May 2009, 12:31
Lady Elphaba
Alrighties :D I will fill this out now I have le time to:

How long have you been a memeber of Bloop?
♥ I've known of Bloop since 2005 and had various diaries then (on and off) and have had this account since 2006.

Why did you join?
♥ I guess I was just curious and wanted to check this site out :)

How did members of Bloop treat you upon your arrival?
♥ Well, I found most pretty welcoming on my first entry, which was nice!!

How many diaries do you currently have?
♥ A few ;D I have this diary and also a layout and survey diary that I'm going to keep up with.

Who was your 1st friend?
♥ You expect me to remember way back? ;D I'll have to switch my brain back on and think..

How many Bloopers have you met in real life?
♥ I've met one so far :)

How many Bloop enemies have you made?
♥ Online enemies!? ;D You've gotta be kidding me! That's the saddest thing I've ever heard, lol.

Name 3 things that you absolutely love about Bloop & 3 things that you just can't stand:
LIKE:
1. The small community - it's nice that you get to know people here and it's not crowded like OD, LJ, etc..
2. The fact that we have so many creative people creating graphics, layouts, icons, etc. on here :D I love that!!
3. I've gotta admit that I love that ol' Dear Anonymous diary :) Sad but true!!
DISLIKE:
1. It would be so cliché to put: ignorant and shallow jerks that can't see beyond their tiny bubble.. So I won't :P
2. I'll think of one: those that can't spell or tell the difference between you/your/you're, their/there/they're, etc.. EW.
3. La la la, I can't think of a third right now.

Have you experienced a Bloop "crash" before? If so, how many times have you experienced it & how did it make you feel? What made you decide not to leave Bloop afterward?
♥ Yes, I've experienced a few Bloop crashes. It worried me at first because I was anxious to see what would happen next and if Bloop would return :S When Bloop DID return, I was really glad and decided not to leave because I love blogging here and have come across some really nice Bloopies, who, thankfully, also returned :) Also, in all honesty, during last year's crash when we lost all the entries, it was pretty sad to lose the memories BUT I felt that it was a good chance to start afresh.

How many of your entries have been nominated for RC?
♥ I've had a few nominated :D

If you could change just 1 thing about Bloop, what would it be and why?
♥ I think Bloop is great the way it is. Banning drama/jerks would totally take the fun out of things ;)
0 likes [|reply]
11 May 2009, 12:53
Let It Be
How long have you been a member of Bloop? I believe since 2003, but I don't remember the exact date anymore.

Why did you join? Same reason as almost everyone else lol, FOD was going to shit and I needed a new place to write.

How did members of Bloop treat you upon your arrival? Fine I guess, I don't really remember. I liked the site right off though, and I remember thinking it was really cool how accessible Steve was (the idea of getting to talk to the owner/whatever of FOD was laughable) and I liked how small the community was. Plus little things like there not being a character limit on entries and comments really sold me, so even if people treated me poorly I probably would have stayed ;).

How many diaries do you currently have? One

Who was your 1st friend? Amber (*Ambs*), who I was friends with on FOD ♥, and Genna who was on FOD but didn't stay on bloop for long.

How many Bloopers have you met in real life? Only one, and she's no longer a blooper.

How many Bloop enemies have you made? None. There are some people I don't like, and probably people who don't like me, but I wouldn't call anyone my enemy.

Name 3 things that you absolutely love about Bloop & 3 things that you just can't stand: I love the relationships I've made, fun things in the forums, and the sense of community that sometimes exists ;). I hate stupid immature drama, certain bloopers, and that the site isn't properly funded (if I ever win the lottery I'll donate lots of money to bloop!)

Have you experienced a Bloop "crash" before? If so, how many times have you experienced it & how did it make you feel? What made you decide not to leave Bloop afterward? I've experienced every crash, they all made me feel pretty sad and worried about the future of bloop. I'd go to OD to write while bloop experienced long periods of downtime, but I didn't ever consider not returning. Its my diary home and I'll probably stick around until I die or the site dies...whichever comes first ;)!

How many of your entries have been nominated for RC? I've had a few entries on RC in the past, maybe three or four, and one more recently (though it wasn't very recently, really)

If you could change just 1 thing about Bloop, what would it be and why? You know, I really don't know. I'll leave important decisions like that up to the people who actually have a clue about running a website ;D.
0 likes [|reply]
11 May 2009, 13:26
just samma;
How long have you been a memeber of Bloop? Since 05'. It was when TOD was going down the crapper. . .

Why did you join? see above.

How did members of Bloop treat you upon your arrival? i don't remember...lol

How many diaries do you currently have? just this one

Who was your 1st friend?a lot of my friends came from TOD so i have a lot of friends from the get go.
Not many are still on bloop though. Missing Caden James, ♥ Lamb & wiggles. I've lost touch with a few really awesome friends like Kaia [sweet november], Rini from BC & KR.

How many Bloopers have you met in real life? just the ones i told to go to bloop. There are a few bloopers i intend to meet though. Jessa & Sashanova aren't really that far from me.

How many Bloop enemies have you made? none, that i know of.

Name 3 things that you absolutely love about Bloop & 3 things that you just can't stand: i love that bloop has become my "home" even though all the changes in my life i'm still here. There isn't really anything i can't stand.

Have you experienced a Bloop "crash" before? If so, how many times have you experienced it & how did it make you feel? What made you decide not to leave Bloop afterward?
I have. I didn't leave because i love the bloop community and although the crashes suck, its still the same ol' bloop once were back up & running.

How many of your entries have been nominated for RC? Twice i think, but it was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back.

If you could change just 1 thing about Bloop, what would it be and why? maybe and "edit post" option in the forums?!
0 likes [|reply]
11 May 2009, 22:26
Lady Elphaba
Oh yeah!! ;D
You totally gave me an idea of what I would definitely change - an "edit post" option would be fab. ♥
0 likes [|reply]
11 May 2009, 18:35
sumamen
How long have you been a memeber of Bloop? I have been a member of Bloop for a long time. I am guessing almost 7 years.

Why did you join? I was sick of Open Diary and Brian told me about Bloop.

How did members of Bloop treat you upon your arrival? I don't remember, honestly..probably all my friends who had migrated over from Open Diary. I know Steve did!

How many diaries do you currently have? just one

Who was your 1st friend? ummm..Lauren

How many Bloopers have you met in real life? 4

How many Bloop enemies have you made? a lot

Name 3 things that you absolutely love about Bloop & 3 things that you just can't stand: love: already know a lot of people..technical support is great..the forums are good also
Bad...rude people...not as close knit as it was before..a lot of my friends have moved on.

Have you experienced a Bloop "crash" before? If so, how many times have you experienced it & how did it make you feel? What made you decide not to leave Bloop afterward? yes I have. I am dedicated to Steve, however.

How many of your entries have been nominated for RC? I would say at least 15

If you could change just 1 thing about Bloop, what would it be and why?
0 likes [|reply]
11 May 2009, 18:36
sumamen
If I could change one thing about Bloop it would be to get rid of diaries like the one where you write in and trash someone. I hate that.
0 likes [|reply]
12 May 2009, 04:40
jodi
How long have you been a memeber of Bloop? since feb of 2003

Why did you join? TOD SUX

How did members of Bloop treat you upon your arrival? ..good..

How many diaries do you currently have? one

Who was your 1st friend? anna

How many Bloopers have you met in real life? one

How many Bloop enemies have you made? a couple

Name 3 things that you absolutely love about Bloop & 3 things that you just can't stand: love - small place, customisation, nice atmosphere. hate - clique type things, feisty, and people who want you to comment always.

Have you experienced a Bloop "crash" before? If so, how many times have you experienced it & how did it make you feel? What made you decide not to leave Bloop afterward? yes, all times. i..like..bloop..

How many of your entries have been nominated for RC? none. :[..wait. i think one.

If you could change just 1 thing about Bloop, what would it be and why? banning stupid people.
0 likes [|reply]
12 May 2009, 17:25
kein mitleid
How long have you been a memeber of Bloop? Oh, I don't know, a few years... since Bloop had about a hundred members or so, I guess. Off and on, of course.

Why did you join? My friend told me to, and I was sick of OD/TOD nonsense.

How did members of Bloop treat you upon your arrival? Like a strange uncle that paid for your college education... but molested you. (Not really, but I don't remember. Cordially, I suppose?)

How many diaries do you currently have? Two, but one's kind of inactive, I never use it.

Who was your 1st friend? Mishy. Who seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

How many Bloopers have you met in real life? A couple, I think. Truth be told, it's kind of weird meeting people that way.

How many Bloop enemies have you made? I don't think I have any enemies, simply because that implies hate, where what I have is apathy.

Name 3 things that you absolutely love about Bloop & 3 things that you just can't stand: Yeah, no.

Have you experienced a Bloop "crash" before? If so, how many times have you experienced it & how did it make you feel? What made you decide not to leave Bloop afterward? A couple, I think. There's been a few, but boo-fuckity-hoo. I've said it before, I'll say it again, nothing anyone writes on here is winning any Pulitzer prizes, none of what's here sits on the NY Times best seller list. It's piled shit, cooked in shit, smothered in shit gravy. Yeah, everyone lost some personal shit, but get over it. If it was important to you, it's still in your head. Most people really just wanna bitch about losing all their comments from their "adoring fans" in so many words.

How many of your entries have been nominated for RC? RC? What's that? Never heard of it.

If you could change just 1 thing about Bloop, what would it be and why? MORE BOOBS.
0 likes [|reply]
12 May 2009, 17:42
malaika
How long have you been a member of Bloop? Since April 2003.

Why did you join? Raych and Lindy made me.

How did members of Bloop treat you upon your arrival? It took me a while to write my first entry because I was new to it and not sure about an online diary at first. Most of my friends and commenters were school friends.

How many diaries do you currently have? Just the one.

Who was your 1st friend? I'm guessing Raych (Lyra Belacqua)

How many Bloopers have you met in real life? A lot! Although, most of those are people I knew in real life or through friends of friends. Aside from them, 4, but I hope to meet a lot more in the not too distant future!

How many Bloop enemies have you made? None that I'm aware of! I avoid drama.

Name 3 things that you absolutely love about Bloop & 3 things that you just can't stand.
I have made some amazing friends and continue to make friends. I can be myself here. I have some great memories.
However, I don't like that I go through stages where I bloop like crazy and then suddenly, I just can't be bothered for a while. But that's me, not Bloop.

Have you experienced a Bloop "crash" before? If so, how many times have you experienced it & how did it make you feel? What made you decide not to leave Bloop afterward? All of them, I think. However, the last affected me the most because I'd just started blooping properly again after a bit of a break. The Facebook group was a life saver though! Bloop is my second home and I am here until the day it dies.

How many of your entries have been nominated for RC? None.

If you could change just 1 thing about Bloop, what would it be and why? Not sure. For how much I use it right now, and the features I used, it does the job perfectly :-). Although, I agree with what a lot of people have said about an 'edit post' option in the forums.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends