1) What grade did you drop out of high school? After the first semester of 9th grade, I did home schooling for the second semester, so I guess you could say 10th? I've always just said 9th.
2) Why did you drop out? Like a few other people, I was diagnosed with agoraphobia, I had terrible social anxiety. Also, that year was when my grandmother had been diagnosed with lung cancer and her being my best friend I wanted to be there for her all the time. I didn't even realize some of it was that I wanted to be there for my grandmother until a couple years later. [I actually had to take my last final while she was in the hospital, she passed away a few days later]
3) Are/did you plan(ing) on getting a GED? I've been planning on it since I dropped out, actually. I've had the papers filled out twice, then forgot to mail them.
4) Do you regret dropping out at all? If so/not, why? I regret not having the "high school experience" that people talk about. Going to prom, hanging out with friends. I sort of grew up that year/summer so after then it was hard to relate to people my age.
5) How did dropping out of high school change your life? I took on a lot of household responsibilities I never really had to do. I helped out with my grandmother, I cleaned and cooked.