Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
Immature Bloopers
0 likes [|reply]
12 Apr 2009, 15:17
international
You know, reading all this stuff about not reading diaries much younger diaries than yourself.... makes me think about you and me. We didn't meet through a diary website, but you were way young when I met you. And today you are one of my best friends despite the age gap. I'm glad I didn't stop (or not start) talking to you just because you were younger and still a growing child.
0 likes [|reply]
12 Apr 2009, 11:34
.Blue Bella.
Hahah, I was born in 86 and I avoid people born later than then!
0 likes [|reply]
12 Apr 2009, 11:57
Jessica [Private]
/cry
0 likes [|reply]
12 Apr 2009, 12:15
.Blue Bella.
I meant that in reply to the post about people born after 1990!
0 likes [|reply]
12 Apr 2009, 23:29
Jessica [Private]
oh >_>

I was just like ':-o omgnowai. meanie!' :P
0 likes [|reply]
13 Apr 2009, 04:53
love♥nik
Not at all. My LJ is 95% FO (no point for me to do that here since I only write about dumb stuff here) and if someone requests to see my lj that's 15 or younger, I almost always say no (w/ the exception of 1 person). Not b/c I don't like them or think them immature, but there really isn't a lot we'd see eye to eye on. That's a 7 year min. gap and a lot of growing goes on between then and quite frankly, a lot of the stuff I write about I'm not comfortable w/ such a young teen reading about. XD If I get to know them better (like at a community or something) and THEN I find out they're like, 14, 15, I'm still a bit shocked but at least by then I know that they're mature and not going to go, "OMFG YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT SEX AND MASTURBATION AND POLITICS AND STUFF!!!!!" or run around starting shit on my venting place. XD
0 likes [|reply]
11 Apr 2009, 12:22
.Blue Bella.
I don't think anyone should be either mature or immature...
I think its when they apply the right level of maturity.

My partner and I are mature in our work places for instance. But when we're mucking around at home, we're a couple of immature twits! Just coz we're silly doesn't mean we CAN'T be mature when it is necessary!
It's all a matter of when you apply it, if you ask me!

I like my friends to be the same way! Gotta be able to have some fun... some people in their ignorance ^^^ just cannot determine between fun and immature.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Apr 2009, 12:32
Estella
YOU ARE SOMEONE I CONSIDER MATURE, BLUE BELLA, YO! LIKE, TO ME, THE ABILITY TO HAVE FUN AND KNOW WHEN FUN IS APPROPRIATE IS ALL PART OF MATURITY!
0 likes [|reply]
11 Apr 2009, 13:58
international
I so agree with this!!
0 likes [|reply]
11 Apr 2009, 21:10
Lunar Sea
See, this was my thought exactly. The world needs more humour in it and laughter is good for us.

It's interesting that so far most people have put this viewpoint across, whereas the people I most see slinging around accusations of immaturity tend to be those who are regailing against the silliness.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Apr 2009, 12:31
Estella
TO ME, IMMATURITY IS A LACK OF DEVELOPMENT AND EXPERIENCE. IT IS NOT THE SAME AS STUPIDITY. MAYBE RELATED TO IGNORANCE, BECAUSE THE LESS EXPERIENCE YOU HAVE, THE LESS YOU'VE LEARNT.

IT IS IMMATURITY, FOR INSTANCE, THAT MAKES PEOPLE THINK THAT A TRAGEDY THAT OCCURS IN THEIR LIFE IS THE WORST TRAGEDY IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND MUST BE GLAMORISED AND TREATED WITH GREAT IMPORTANCE BY EVERYONE. IT IS MATURITY THAT MAKES PEOPLE REALISE THAT TRAGEDIES HAPPEN TO EVERYONE AND THAT IT IS PART OF LIFE AND THEY DON'T EXPECT EVERYONE TO TREAT THEM AS EXTRA IMPORTANT AND SPECIAL AS A RESULT.

IT IS IMMATURITY THAT MAKES PEOPLE REACT TO A CERTAIN NEWS STORY WITH 'OMGWTF! HOW TERRIBLE/AMAZING! THAT PERSON IS SO EVIL/STUPID/HEROIC!' IT IS MATURITY THAT MAKES A PERSON QUESTION THE NEWS STORY AND REALISE IT'S GIVEN FROM A CERTAIN MEDIA ANGLE TO CREATE A CERTAIN REACTION AND THAT THERE IS PROBABLY A LOT MORE TO THE STORY THAT ISN'T REVEALED.

IT IS IMMATURITY THAT CAUSES PEOPLE TO TAKE THEMSELVES VERY VERY SERIOUSLY AND HAVE CERTAIN PERFECTIONIST VIEWS ON HOW THEIR LIFE MUST BE AND HOW THEY MUST BE TREATED AND TO RANT ABOUT HOW DREADFUL IT IS WHEN THINGS DON'T HAPPEN ACCORDINGLY. IT IS MATURITY THAT MAKES A PERSON REALISE AND ACCEPT THAT LIFE THROWS IN SURPRISES, AND CAN'T BE FULLY CONTROLLED, AND WILL NOT BE A BOWL OF CHERRIES, AND THAT COMPROMISE AND A SENSE OF HUMOUR ARE ESSENTIAL, YO!
0 likes [|reply]
11 Apr 2009, 16:34
monoboo
Silliness does not equal immaturity. It indicates an ability to have fun! :)

I'm not sure how to explain this, but I'm going to try. I see maturity in the context of the thinking process. Why you make a decision is more important to me than the result of the decision. Also, in reference to the forums, I don't understand people who like to argue for the sake of argument. I think it is immature to need to "know" that you are right. I think that the ultimate reason for discussion is to explore and come to truth by weighing various aspects, not prove that you are a know-it-all. I see empathy, open-mindedness and the ability to play Devil's Advocate against your own argument
0 likes [|reply]
11 Apr 2009, 16:35
monoboo
*as signs of maturity.

0 likes [|reply]
11 Apr 2009, 21:01
Estella
YOZ - I AGREE WITH THAT. DEBATING TO PROVE THAT YOU ARE RIGHT RATHER THAN TO EXPLORE THE ISSUE FURTHER IS SO DAFT, YO! GOSH, I PLAY DEVIL'S ADVOCATE ALL THE TIME, YO, TO MAKE SURE BOTH VIEWS ARE LOOKED AT (ALTHOUGH NOT SO MUCH HERE, BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE HARDCORE DEBATES HERE). THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE WHO DO NOT LIKE IT IF YOU PLAY DEVIL'S ADVOCATE THOUGH - LIKE MOST DO NOT WANT TO CONSIDER THE MINORITY VIEW.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Apr 2009, 22:46
Villy
agreed. You said it much better than I could! :-)
0 likes [|reply]
11 Apr 2009, 17:15
Doc
maturity is srs bidness!!!
0 likes [|reply]
11 Apr 2009, 19:38
.love.struck.
Immaturity are those younger girls who like drama or if they have tons of drama and have a child. That to me is what I see when the word immature comes to mind.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Apr 2009, 21:07
Lunar Sea
I find it interesting that you say younger girls, rather than younger people. Do you view it as specifically a female thing, and think younger boys are more mature?

I also find judging someone by the 'drama' in their life interesting - do you mean drama that they create, or a response to circumstances?
0 likes [|reply]
11 Apr 2009, 20:21
Estella
GOSH, IT WOULD BE QUITE FUN AND IMMATURE TO LIST NAMES OF ALL THE IMMATURE BLOOPERS AT THIS POINT, YO! ;D
0 likes [|reply]
11 Apr 2009, 20:44
valerieeeee
do it!
0 likes [|reply]
11 Apr 2009, 21:08
Lunar Sea
Haha, that would be fun! XD
0 likes [|reply]
11 Apr 2009, 21:46
~RedFraggle~
I'd love to, but it could be percieved as immature. The first two who come to mind both begin with F though. ;)
0 likes [|reply]
11 Apr 2009, 21:48
Lunar Sea
*changes name to Flunar Sea so as not to be left out*
0 likes [|reply]
12 Apr 2009, 15:02
Estella
AHA - THAT IS THE REASON FOR THE F! GOSH, I WAS SO WONDERING!
0 likes [|reply]
12 Apr 2009, 08:38
& skull.
i don't mind silliness, it's people that lose their shit over really minute things that carry on, swearing, making fake diaries, posting millions of threads and making entries that i find immature.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends