[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
Page:  1  2 
The Biggest Piece of Bloop Drama Ever
0 likes [|reply]
5 Apr 2009, 14:42
Lunar Sea
You shameless gossip, you, you clicked!

Anyway, this entry is about what people think about internet phenomenons such as the current dragon eggs trend. Websites that encourage you to garner as much attention in as many places as possible in order to get a short reward.

Are they just harmless pieces of fun that give people something to do, or do you think it actively encourages people to do silly, over the top attention-seeking things like starting a forum entry called 'The Biggest Piece of Bloop Drama Ever'? If someone comments you, and you see they have eggs, do you secretly wonder if the comment was left through no altruistic motivations but simply to get that one extra precious click?

Oh yeah, for if you're that way inclined: Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today!

;)
0 likes [|reply]
5 Apr 2009, 16:09
Villy
*shrug* that depends.

If its like the youtube spam comments you see, that make a vague reference to the video and then a shamepless plug, then yeah. I probably think it was left just for the click. In that case, it automatically gets deleted.

If I write something and get a comment like, "Oh I totally know what you mean! Click my eggs!" I pay no attention to it.

If it actually seems like the person took the time to read the entry, and had REAL input, then I don't delete. Of course, I don't click the damn eggs either, but oh well.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Apr 2009, 18:53
valerieeeee
i clicked yours, click mine in my diary.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Apr 2009, 20:58
RAE 0F SUNSHiNE
I don't see what peoples issue with it is... they're just eggs people want clicked so they'll hatch.
Some people just love getting irriated and overworked over nothing.....
0 likes [|reply]
6 Apr 2009, 06:29
Just_live
I LOVE THEM!
0 likes [|reply]
6 Apr 2009, 11:31
lithium layouts.
I reckon it becomes a serious problem of addiction for some people. xD
0 likes [|reply]
5 Apr 2009, 15:09
~*Pagan*~
course i had to see what its about ;)

But no...havent gotten into the dragon egg thing at all...dont have enough online time to keep them alive!!
0 likes [|reply]
6 Apr 2009, 15:15
Lunar Sea
We love the drama, and we know it.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Apr 2009, 16:19
Lauren.
How dare you tempt my drama thirst and then not come through? RUDE! ;)

I honestly don't put much thought into things like the egg trend. For a while I had my own eggs/dragons, but I grow tired of things like that quickly so I don't do it anymore. I'll click eggs/dragons if they're in comments, so does that mean I'M encouraging their attention-seeking behavior?! ;) I don't think things like this egg fad really matter in the scheme of things. People are attention whores will continue to be attention whores, and will continue creating whatever threads/trends they wish. Having a little fun with it along the way isn't going to change things :P.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Apr 2009, 19:21
Villy
Agreed, until this thread I'd never stopped to think about it before hehe.

And, after this thread I will probably never stop to think about it again.

*shrug* The eggs just don't affect me that much.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Apr 2009, 18:11
Estella
I THINK SUCH DISHONESTY AND SPAMMING IS UTTERLY DISGRACEFUL, YO! I AM DEEPLY DISAPPOINTED THAT THERE IS NO BIG BLOOP DRAMA TO READ ABOUT! YOUR EGGZ ARE NAUGHTY SLUTS, YO - THEY TOTALLY GET AROUND. THE PUCK NEVER WHORES HER EGGS, YO! YOU NEVER CATCH ME YO'ING RANDOMS JUST TO GET EXTRA EGG VIEWS!

Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today!
0 likes [|reply]
6 Apr 2009, 04:47
valerieeeee
Adopt one today!Adopt one today!Adopt one today!Adopt one today!
0 likes [|reply]
6 Apr 2009, 21:20
Estella
LOOK AT PUCK'S EGGZ HATCHING, YO! CLICK THAT LAST EGG ON THE END, SO THAT IT CAN CATCH UP WITH THE OTHERZ, YO!
0 likes [|reply]
5 Apr 2009, 18:56
Doc
I was curious what the be-all-end-all of Bloop drama was. This thread fails. 0/10
0 likes [|reply]
5 Apr 2009, 18:56
Doc
But I did click teh eggz. I like eggz. :)
0 likes [|reply]
6 Apr 2009, 15:16
Lunar Sea
*sobs uncontrollably*
0 likes [|reply]
5 Apr 2009, 19:10
.love.struck.
There is no egg drama. The eggs are simply annoying. Luckily it died down. I used to get comments on my entries with "click my eggs" and that was it. The person came to my diary and left that only comment which had nothing to do with what I had to say. That is annoying. I deleted those. I had fun not clicking on the eggs so they would die hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
0 likes [|reply]
6 Apr 2009, 02:06
Estella
YOU VIEWED THE EGGZ THOUGH, SO THEY GOT VIEW POINTS! YOU TOTALLY INADVERTENTLY HELPED THEM GROW INTO DRAGONZ! ;D
0 likes [|reply]
8 Apr 2009, 20:53
.love.struck.
I never viewed eggs. So I didn't help them grow. They were on comments.
0 likes [|reply]
8 Apr 2009, 20:54
Estella
YES, WHEN YOU VIEW YOUR COMMENTS, YOU AUTOMATICALLY VIEW THE EGGS. CLICKING ON THE PAGE OF COMMENTS MEANS ANOTHER VIEW. SO, YES, YO, I'M SORRY TO BREAK IT TO YOU - YOU TOTALLY HELPED THEM GROW, YO! ;D THANKS!
0 likes [|reply]
5 Apr 2009, 20:18
Eat Yellow Snow
"as the current dragon eggs trend" Personally, I never even knew that there was a dragon egg trend, let alone, dragon eggs. Anyway, I think it is boring just the same. I don't mind virtual pets though, I am an active Neopet player. =)
0 likes [|reply]
6 Apr 2009, 02:05
Estella
GOSH, YO - NEOPETS ARE SO LAST YEAR! DRAGONZ ARE THE WAY TO GO!
0 likes [|reply]
6 Apr 2009, 11:33
lithium layouts.
I was sooooo so very addicted to Neopets back in the day. xD
0 likes [|reply]
6 Apr 2009, 15:15
Lunar Sea
Yep, there's totally a trend. It's what all the cool kids are doing.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Apr 2009, 20:38
panda bear.
I love the eggs (clearly) and I don't think it's encouraging people to be silly. FREEDOM OF... click?

Adopt one today!Adopt one today!Adopt one today!

lol ;D
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends