Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Too Fat to work?
0 likes [|reply]
17 Mar 2009, 21:32
Khoquetishღ
prime example of why stupid people should not conceive offspring.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Mar 2009, 23:09
~*Shannon*~
That's the thing, though. They're NOT stupid. They are VERY smart. How ELSE do you think they'd be able to actually get away with this? You have to have some brains to be able to pull something like that off.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Mar 2009, 23:56
Acid Fairy
Haha not really in this country! They love to give you free money!
0 likes [|reply]
17 Mar 2009, 23:58
~*Shannon*~
How lovely. lol

I don't know. My pride is taking a beating right now living on the meager income from the government that I'm living on right now. I would give just about ANYTHING to be able to find a job.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Mar 2009, 00:00
Acid Fairy
Positive thinking! I believe thinking positively can get you a lot in life. Good luck on the job front.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Mar 2009, 00:01
~*Shannon*~
All the positive thinking in the world won't get you a job where there are none available. ;-)
0 likes [|reply]
17 Mar 2009, 23:35
.love.struck.
I agree. They should of been sterilized.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Mar 2009, 22:22
leah
Wow that's just amazing.... =\
0 likes [|reply]
17 Mar 2009, 23:25
Lady Elphaba
Ha ha - I remember watching her on Britain's Got Talent ;D It was hilarious!!!
0 likes [|reply]
17 Mar 2009, 23:37
Estella
IF YOU READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE, THE BENEFITS THEY RECEIVE ARE NOT DIRECTLY BECAUSE THEY ARE FAT. ONE DAUGHTER IS A STUDENT, TRAINING TO BE A HAIRDRESSER, AND GETS THE NORMAL GRANT THAT A STUDENT FROM A LOW-INCOME FAMILY GETS. THE OTHER DAUGHTER GETS JOBSEEKER'S ALLOWANCE - WHICH ANYONE CAN GET IF THEY DON'T HAVE A JOB, REGARDLESS OF THEIR SIZE. THE MOTHER GETS DISABILITY BENEFITS BECAUSE SHE HAS EPILEPSY AND ASTHMA, WHILE THE FATHER GETS BENEFITS FOR DIABETES. APPARENTLY THE PARENTS' CONDITIONS ARE DUE TO OBESITY (ALTHOUGH I'VE NEVER HEARD OF OBESITY CAUSING EPILEPSY BEFORE!) - BUT THEN ALL KINDS OF PEOPLE GET ILL OR DISABLED FROM UNWISE LIFESTYLE CHOICES AND CAN CLAIM BENEFITS, SO THESE ARE NO DIFFERENT. THIS IS JUST A SENSATIONALIST DAILY MAIL ARTICLE - THE FAMILY CLEARLY WANT TO GET SOME ATTENTION AND ARE SAYING THINGS TO SHOCK PEOPLE SO THAT THEY GET SOME PUBLICITY.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Mar 2009, 23:46
~*Shannon*~
You can still work with epilepsy, asthma, AND diabetes, though. HUNDREDS, if not thousands, of people do it every day.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Mar 2009, 23:58
Acid Fairy
Well my dad had to retire from the fire service early due to mild asthma. He doesn't even need an inhaler it is THAT mild. So there's certain jobs you can't do!
0 likes [|reply]
18 Mar 2009, 00:00
~*Shannon*~
CERTAIN jobs, yes. And I suppose certain forms of asthma also, and depending on WHY one has asthma. But it's not a given that just because you have asthma means you can't work AT ALL. Your dad, it sounds like, served his time and worked hard and busted his ass. Unlike these people who seem to be USING their "disabilities" to keep from having to work.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Mar 2009, 00:39
.love.struck.
I agree. High stressful jobs like firefighters, policemen, EMT, ect is understandable. Working in a building sitting down like a desk job is something they can do. Not working at all is just pure laziness.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Mar 2009, 19:04
Acid Fairy
Oh no, I totally agree! They could at least get a desk job, that's not going to put much strain onto their lungs!
0 likes [|reply]
18 Mar 2009, 00:05
Estella
OF COURSE - BUT PEOPLE CAN STILL CLAIM BENEFITS FOR THEM AND BE DEEMED WORTHY OF BENEFITS IF THE CONDITIONS ARE CONSIDERED BY MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS TO BE TOO DISABLING, REGARDLESS OF THEIR SIZE. I'M NOT SAYING THESE PEOPLE SHOULD BE RECEIVING BENEFITS (AND ALSO NOT SAYING THAT THEY SHOULDN'T, BECAUSE IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO KNOW THE FULL STORY FROM A SENSATIONALIST DAILY MAIL ARTICLE!) BUT JUST POINTING OUT THAT THEY ARE NOT RECEIVING THEIR 22 THOUSAND FOR BEING FAT, AS THE ARTICLE INITIALLY SEEMS TO IMPLY.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Mar 2009, 23:57
Acid Fairy
Ahh good research work!

Bloody Daily Mail, I wish THAT would go into administration!
0 likes [|reply]
17 Mar 2009, 23:39
.love.struck.
If they claim to be too fat to work then I am too good to work. Government, send me some money! Let me rape the government because I am lazy.

Since I was 17 years old, I have been working and paying my taxes. So it only is right that I can be lazy too and get money for it. I mean I worked for it, right?
0 likes [|reply]
18 Mar 2009, 01:23
The Ryan
I read this article in the paper today, and I laughed for ages. Too much fun! But gosh *yawns* I should be off to bed... I've have such an exhausting day watching TV and reading the paper that I think I need a nap!!
0 likes [|reply]
18 Mar 2009, 01:46
Moonlight Shadows
this is just special.
can we toss Octomom over to that country too? They could all live together and sit on their asses.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Mar 2009, 02:31
RealLifeComics
PIE!!!
0 likes [|reply]
18 Mar 2009, 02:35
Lindy
They are so smug, i would love to stop their money and watch them desperately try and find food..
0 likes [|reply]
18 Mar 2009, 02:58
.love.struck.
LOL, that would quit a show. Yeah, I'm mean.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Mar 2009, 03:11
♥ Mia Famigli
Sounds like their just plain lazy
0 likes [|reply]
18 Mar 2009, 03:12
Ice Vampire
agreed
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends