Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Kids mistakenly drink wiper fluid at Ark. day ca
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2009, 03:05
Jessica [Private]
Well *technically* kool-aid does come in liquid form.

BUT, I think that this

is what she meant by kool aid.
That does look sort of similar to

but not really ;D
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2009, 03:16
~*Shannon*~
Is that second picture Kool-aid?

Then I stand corrected. HOWEVER, it still doesn't solve the question of why she would think she picked up a food item in the automotive aisle.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2009, 03:24
Jessica [Private]
No, it's not. It's just a generic cheap juice that all the stores up here sell.
But where I live people call it Kool-Aid because it tastes pretty similar. Although I think its a tad more tart than kool-aid.

I've honestly never heard of a grocery store selling automotive things anyways. They don't here. unless you go to like, Wal-mart or one of those big chain stores.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2009, 03:25
~*Shannon*~
Most grocery stores do have an automotive aisle, but it's only an aisle, not a section, and it's VERY minimal and sometimes is only HALF an aisle.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2009, 03:26
Jessica [Private]
Hm, guess I don't pay much attention ;D

I tend to go to a grocery store for food ;)
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2009, 03:31
~*Shannon*~
Perhaps I should use the term "supermarket". I just call them grocery stores, but I guess TECHNICALLY they are called SUPERMARKETS. lol
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2009, 03:32
Jessica [Private]
Hehe. this lady honestly makes me feel like a genius. ;D
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2009, 04:29
Villy
Maybe they were using the term generically. You know, all tissues are Kleenex, all pop is coke *in some areas*, things like that.

0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2009, 04:41
Opie's Old Lady
it is very possible that someone deciding they didn't want it just stuck it in the last row they where in.

But I was under the impression that she grabbed the wrong bottle out of the bag.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2009, 04:28
Villy
Actually they do look VERY similar.

The liquids do, anyway.

And I suppose the label on the de-icer is a happy looking label that on first glance could look like a juice label.

But then there's the giant DE-ICER on the front. That kind of gives the game away. ;-)
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2009, 05:05
Jessica [Private]
I actually think the back half of the de-icer is clear.
as in there's no label on it.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2009, 05:17
Villy
True. But you'd think she'd notice there was a label on the FRONT.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2009, 05:20
Jessica [Private]
I'd think she'd notice the cap!!

Don't you have to like, push those down and THEN turn them, like a pill bottle?

Red flag much? =/
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2009, 05:21
Villy
HAHAHA!!!

True enough.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2009, 01:35
& skull.
usually things like that have a warning on them somewhere that tells you not to drink it. like a rather noticeable skull indicating it's a poison. we don't have kool aid here, but i'd imagine it wouldn't come in the same shaped bottle.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2009, 01:39
Minda Hey Hey™
Probably not but the point I'm trying to make is why is that even in the fridge in the first place? I would think from my shopping experience that those two items are NOT even close together. Maybe the husband bought it and put it in the fridge. Even then, most people place it in the garage.

I don't know why this gets me so heated up! Ugh.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2009, 01:45
~*Shannon*~
Ev, they do come with warnings.

Someone had to have had an AWFULLY LARGE brain fart to make this mistake. Whether the mistake was made at the grocery store (which would have been ONE HELLUVA MISTAKE, since kool-aid comes only in powder form), or someone would have had to have placed it on the kitchen counter and someone else not paid attention to it before they put it in the refrigerator. Frankly, I check the labels as I put my groceries away when I know I've purchased something that could be toxic to make sure I put it somewhere SAFE. And I don't bag my food groceries with my non-food groceries, that way this kind of mistake doesn't happen to begin with.

You don't just put something sitting on the counter into the fridge without first looking at it to make sure that you know what it is and that it belongs in the refrigerator.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2009, 01:54
& skull.
kool aid is a powder? k that's an even bigger mistake than i originally thought.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2009, 01:55
Minda Hey Hey™
Yep, it's a powder. You mix it with sugar and water. I just used the Hawaiian Punch as an example. The lady is clearly a moron.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2009, 02:01
~*Shannon*~
Kool aid comes either of these forms, both are powder (let's hope this works).....

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Windshield wiper fluid comes in the form below.....

Exhibit C

Or even this...
Exhibit D

Oh YES, I can TOTALLY see how she made that mistake!!! *rolls eyes*
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2009, 04:32
Villy
The ONLY way I could see this being even REMOTELY possible at home is if, for some reason, the wiper fluid didn't have a label on it. Like, someone had taken it off.

But that would idiocy that is beyond my abilities to comprehend.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2009, 05:38
annababe • •
wasn't there a label on the bottle?? anytime i've ever had to buy windsheild wiper fluid it says that in large letters on the bottle.
wtf.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2009, 05:38
Bec💕
omg! poor kids! i cant believe some people found this funny. like wtf?
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2009, 06:42
Tam I Am
If you're in the African American category in Arkansas typically "kool-aid" means any type of juice drink. They don't specifically say "juice" or "kool-aid". Everything is "kool-aid". Juice like that comes in gallon jugs and if the labels aren't facing out or have been taken off, which happens, then they could have been mistaken.

I think it's good that she voluntarily handed over her license and they didn't have to force her out of business.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2009, 07:16
Minda Hey Hey™
Either way, I would think the containers are a little bit different. That's just me though.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends