Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Announcements
Vaccines and their ingredients....INFORMED CHOIC
0 likes [|reply]
1 Mar 2009, 23:24
~RedFraggle~
No one KNOWS that people have died from the HPV vaccine. People on the study died, yes, but there was no evidence that any deaths were CAUSED by the vaccine.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Mar 2009, 23:40
.Love.Freely.
People have died from it. Maybe not in the UK, but just about 2 months ago there was a big thing in the news about 4 girls that died from the HPV vaccine.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Mar 2009, 23:41
~RedFraggle~
Show me the evidence that says it was the vaccine that killed them then.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Mar 2009, 23:45
.Love.Freely.
I really didn't say that to argue with you. I'm not a coroner. I can't give you evidence nor do I know if I could even find the story any more.

I know you're a doctor and I'm just some dumb girl in a clinic. Not trying to be rude, but I really don't feel like debating this any more.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Mar 2009, 23:49
~RedFraggle~
I don't think you're dumb, and I wasn't trying to suggest that.

My point is just that the fact the MEDIA tried to suggest that those girls died from the vaccine does NOT mean that they did. There was no medical evidence that the vaccine was the cause of the deaths. And I think it's risky to base a medical decision on something you read in the media, rather than on actual medical evidence.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Mar 2009, 23:58
.Love.Freely.
Sorry, internet conversations aren't the best for expressing humor. I was kidding about the me being stupid and working in a clinic. Just my way of conceding, I guess. I actually love debating because I always learn from it, either from the person I'm debating or when I'm doing research to back up my thoughts.

Anyway. I spent way too long discussing this with Lady Acid Fairy earlier and now I'm wiped... haha, plus I'm reveling in the fact that we have 3 inches of snow outside right now.

Have a good night!
0 likes [|reply]
2 Mar 2009, 00:03
~RedFraggle~
No problem. You have a good night too. I wish we had snow, but it seems winter is over here, it's now about 12 degrees outside.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Mar 2009, 23:54
~RedFraggle~
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1576520/Two-girls-die-after-cervical-cancer-jab.html
0 likes [|reply]
8 Mar 2009, 04:54
theseeker
I've had it and I'm alive. so there's evidence that one person had it and lived. that's about all I've got for ya.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Mar 2009, 16:48
immortalized artiste
To be honest, I'm not thinking of my child or children, because I'm not anywhere near my time to have children and I don't really plan on ever having them. If it happens, then I'll think about it - right now, I think about myself, and personally, I want my vaccines. xD haha.

0 likes [|reply]
1 Mar 2009, 17:47
Fiat
Yeah, as for myself I've continued to keep my vaccinations on schedule. I figure if I've already received them as a child, I might as well keep up with the boosters as an adult. Though, I got the flu shot my freshman year of college, but I don't think I'd get it again.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Mar 2009, 17:52
immortalized artiste
Exactly, and I have never got a flu shot and probably would never. So there are some instances where I don't get them just because I'm told to. Plus, that one's not required, so I wouldn't just get it because.
And I don't think it really works. xD
0 likes [|reply]
1 Mar 2009, 23:26
~RedFraggle~
I've had the flu shot once, and that's just because when I had a flu it caused MAJOR problems at work as I was supposed to be working night shift, and I was far too sick and they couldn't arrange cover. That's why they recommend health care workers get it, because it causes so much disruption to patient care if people are off sick. I forgot to get it this year though. :P

And although it doesn't protect against every strain of the flu virus, it definitely minimises your risk of catching it. And flu is horrible.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Mar 2009, 23:56
Lauren.
I got the flu shot for the first time this past year. I always said I'd never have one, but at the hospital I work for you either get it or you sign a form stating you denied it. The shot made me feel like absolute CRAP for the next couple of days (flu like symptoms, sore skin, fever, etc.) but I haven't gotten the flu yet this year even though I catch anything going around (even if the contagious person so much as looks at me :P) and we've had a pretty bad flu outbreak this year. Maybe it does work;-D.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Mar 2009, 17:54
immortalized artiste
Oh, and about the HPV thing, in Canada, it's like this right now: girls in grade 8 can get their HPV vaccines for free, whereas any girl older needs to pay about $130 for each vaccine (which is terrible, because we have free health care?). I don't really see the logic in this, aren't older girls more likely to be having the experiences that you would require the vaccine for, moreso than girls who are in grade 8.
My mom wanted me to get it - until she found out how much it'd cost.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Mar 2009, 23:13
~RedFraggle~
I am very pro-HPV vaccine (as HPV certainly IS a threat to humanity! It kills many women every year, often young women), however, I don't agree with it being mandatory in schools, and in the UK it isn't, and probably never will be.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Mar 2009, 23:40
Fiat
I suppose that by "threat to humanity" I meant it's not the type of disease that will passively destroy human beings by simply breathing or drinking from the same water fountain, as it seems to be (mostly) sexually transmitted.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Mar 2009, 23:41
~RedFraggle~
OK, I misunderstood. That is true then.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Mar 2009, 13:39
ninga
i totally agree with you on the HPV being mandatory. I can not fathom how they can make mandatory a vac for soemthing that is only contracted through sexual relations.
that is not to say i am against the HPV vac, because im not, really.
I let my oldest daughter do her own research, talk with her doctor and make her own decision on if she will be having it or not. She decided to go ahead with it. i let it be her choice, as i had done my reasearch on it, weighed all the pros and cons, and decided that if she wanted it, fine, if not, fine.
i will also let my other two make that decision as well.
as for the vacs when they were babies, i CHOSE to have them all. and the chichen pox vac was required in illinois for them to start school here.....all of them have been exposed to chicken pox ....my oldest daughter was the only kid in preK who didnt get it, and hadnt had it..... none of them have ever had it. i would have rather they had it, thought that is still a possibility.
but anyway....if they push to make the HVP mandatory, i will push back on that one.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Mar 2009, 02:31
just samma;
My children will not be vaccinated. They will not receive vitamin k injections either, it will be administered orally withing the first 24 hours of their birth.
Both my partner have exemptions for ourselves. She is 31 and has only had her first set of childhood vaccines, I on the other hand was born at 24 weeks so i mine were delayed until i was almost 4 and even then they were spaced 6 months apart. I haven't been vaccinated since.
The autism link is terrifying and although I don't believe the vaccines are the ONLY link but that included with a lot of other factors has helped us in making the decision not to vax any children we have.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Mar 2009, 15:37
Acid Fairy
But the autism link does not exist. When the report was published, NOBODY backed it up. It's only the media that has kept the link going.

I'd rather my child be autistic than die from one of the diseases, anyway.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Mar 2009, 17:03
just samma;
I'm sure this article was published by a Dr who doesn't have a kid on the spectrum and who didn't start to decline after a set vax.
de-bunked or not after the amount of books, articles & other material i've read about it, written by parents of kids on the spectrum, by A&BS Specalists and homeopath doctors, it's not a risk i'm willing to take.
There are a ton of other reasons that i'm not vax'ing other then my feeling on autism as well.
I'm not okay with the levels of toxins that STILL exists in them, ESPECIALLY in the multi-use vials. I'm not okay with how the numbers of vaccinations "required" just keeps growing.

0 likes [|reply]
1 Mar 2009, 23:13
Lauren.
I'm not trying to argue your logic or attack what you believe in any way here, but in basic logic would you really rather have a child die from the measles/mumps rather than have an autistic child?
0 likes [|reply]
7 Mar 2009, 16:54
~Melissa~
ya know back when the reports were going around about autism and vaccines I had debated about getting my, now 8 yr old son, vaccinated. I WISH I WOULDNT HAVE! He has been diagnosed with ADHD and is now going through tests for Aspergers Syndrome. I still believe that Autism and vaccinations are linked, if I could I would not get my other two children vaccinated! I do not want them to have the same future my other child is about to face. And before you even ask, NO no one in my family has Autism. I do not know the link and his fathers side so. I really do wish that they would educate people more on Autism and shots. If I had known more then like I do now I think I would have done things differently.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Mar 2009, 18:15
~RedFraggle~
I'm really sorry to hear about your son, but there is NO EVIDENCE of a link between autism (including Aspergers) and vaccines. And as far as I know, no-one has even ever claimed that there is a link to ADHD. What happened to your son was bad luck. It probably would have happened even if he hadn't being vaccinated. The vaccines do not cause these conditions. Even children who have not been vaccinated can get autism. And there's nothing to educate people on, as there is no link. The claims of a link are nothing but media hype.

Your own experience sounds horrible, but it is not medical evidence of a link between vaccines and autism.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends