Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
Compassion seems to be absent in this "man of go
0 likes [|reply]
13 Feb 2009, 04:14
King Phantom
Because we are in the dispensation of grace. The old law of physical death because of sin has long been at an end, ever since Jesus came and died with all our sins on His shoulders. Though it is true that God does reveal to us this fatal consequence of sin, I fail to see the evidence in the bible that would even begin to say that God would, today, kill someone for somebody else's sin.

God judges each man by his own heart, not by the person's living across the street.
0 likes [|reply]
12 Feb 2009, 05:22
†BrotherJim™
Examples of God's Wrath and what he uses: And Moses said, "Hereby you shall know that the LORD has sent me to do all these works, and that it has not been of my own accord. If these men die as all men die, or if they are visited by the fate of all mankind, then the LORD has not sent me. But if the LORD creates something new, and the ground opens its mouth and swallows them up with all that belongs to them, and they go down alive into Sheol, then you shall know that these men have despised the LORD." And as soon as he had finished speaking all these words, the ground under them split apart. And the earth opened its mouth and swallowed them up, with their households and all the people who belonged to Korah and all their goods. So they and all that belonged to them went down alive into Sheol, and the earth closed over them, and they perished from the midst of the assembly. (Numbers 16:28-33)

But the LORD said to Moses, "Whoever has sinned against me, I will blot out of my book. But now go, lead the people to the place about which I have spoken to you; behold, my angel shall go before you. Nevertheless, in the day when I visit, I will visit their sin upon them." Then the LORD sent a plague on the people, because they made the calf, the one that Aaron made. (Exodus 32:33-35)

For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life under heaven. Everything that is on the earth shall die. But I will establish my covenant with you, and you shall come into the ark, you, your sons, your wife, and your sons' wives with you. (Genesis 6:17-18)

Future events: And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider's name was Death, and Hades followed him. And they were given authority over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by wild beasts of the earth.
(Revelation 6:8)

The first angel blew his trumpet, and there followed hail and fire, mixed with blood, and these were thrown upon the earth. And a third of the earth was burned up, and a third of the trees were burned up, and all green grass was burned up. The second angel blew his trumpet, and something like a great mountain, burning with fire, was thrown into the sea, and a third of the sea became blood. A third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed. The third angel blew his trumpet, and a great star fell from heaven, blazing like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water. The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many people died from the water, because it had been made bitter. The fourth angel blew his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, and a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of their light might be darkened, and a third of the day might be kept from shining, and likewise a third of the night. (Revelation 8:7-12

God has used disease, famine, war, earthquakes, floods, etc to execute his judgment. Why are we so sure it couldn't be? Maybe it is, maybe it ain't. God knows and sometimes he even tells his prophets before hand.

0 likes [|reply]
12 Feb 2009, 12:22
~*Pagan*~
The pale horse is called Binky ;)
0 likes [|reply]
12 Feb 2009, 07:23
PBK1987
ALL HAIL SATAN

everything seems like cults to me

also if you don't love satan I just might pull a chris brown on ya
0 likes [|reply]
12 Feb 2009, 07:27
~*Pagan*~
Well I WOULD....cept hes a christian diety and I dont believe in him ;)
0 likes [|reply]
13 Feb 2009, 04:15
King Phantom
Merely because he is a Christian deity? I ask out of curiosity, not as an offense.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Feb 2009, 07:25
~*Pagan*~
Thats exactly it...if I dont believe in the white, then I dont believe in the black. That would be like asking a Christian to believe in Seth but not in Horus..you know?
0 likes [|reply]
15 Feb 2009, 03:28
love♥nik
Don't be biting no people! We don't need that here!

xD
0 likes [|reply]
12 Feb 2009, 07:29
PBK1987
well I actually worship sculpted celebrity penises

and maybe just maybe zooey daschanel
0 likes [|reply]
13 Feb 2009, 04:15
King Phantom
She was good in Yes Man.

Thhat was her, right?
0 likes [|reply]
13 Feb 2009, 09:02
PBK1987
yeah, i love when she started to sing.............so wonderful

0 likes [|reply]
13 Feb 2009, 09:03
PBK1987
and to myself fuck you

satanic loving bastard

why thank you

and if any of you wanna buy me a milkshake, I take money orders.
0 likes [|reply]
12 Feb 2009, 12:29
& skull.
there's always some asshole that decides it's ok to tell people god bitch slapped them for some reason whenever there's been a tragedy.

people have died horribly. i don't think it's appropriate to debate whether or not any god had a hand in doing it. people are suffering, let's try to focus on that.
0 likes [|reply]
12 Feb 2009, 12:46
~*Pagan*~
And THAT, Ev, was my point in the first place. That I dont believe its appropriate to be using tradegy as a springboard for religious preaching.
0 likes [|reply]
12 Feb 2009, 13:07
& skull.
-nod- i got you. i just don't get why certain people need to turn it into a stupid debate. maybe they need to go and stand in the ruins of the suburbs and re-think if it's appropriate to say those things. i'm sure if this bloke said it to these people's faces they'd probably punch him in the face.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Feb 2009, 01:54
Mishy
He'd be lucky if they just punched him in the face.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Feb 2009, 04:17
King Phantom
I fail to see how your "b**** slap" analogy compares.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Feb 2009, 09:24
& skull.
i don't understand, are you trying to annoy me, or what? what did you mean?
0 likes [|reply]
13 Feb 2009, 10:02
& skull.
like, compares to what? you didn't give it anything to compare to.
0 likes [|reply]
12 Feb 2009, 15:22
« Krisstah »
well.. now i know why i choose to be agnostic.
I don't really know how someone can defend a religion that spends its waking hours hurting others in hopes that they go to some imaginary place in the sky.
0 likes [|reply]
12 Feb 2009, 18:44
~RedFraggle~
Firstly, whatever happened to the nice Jim that's been around for the past couple of years. I prefered that Jim. Reading this forum makes me feel as if I've just stepped back in time to 2004.

As for what Pastor Nalliah said... I think it's completely heartless and insensitive to everyone who's lost someone in the fires. Thankfully most Christians are more caring and considerate, but it makes me a little sad that yet again some people will use this as an excuse to hate Christians.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Feb 2009, 05:03
†BrotherJim™

Where has the nice Jim gone? No where, though Ifound it sad that people immediately jumped on the bandwagon that Iagreed with what this preacher preached which I do not my only point was that I could understand why he has said these things because God does punish sin and sometimes he does it with horrific events. To say that God doesn't punish sin is just not taught in the Bible. He does punish it and he does tell of a day when his patience will no longer willendure and chide with man

That is all I said concerning this preacher and the subject matter and suddenly I am the antichrist or some fundamentalist nutball which just isn't true at all but I do know what the Bible teaches concerning sin, his judgment and the fact he tells us it is coming again now if that makes me a nutcase I am sorry but it does seem like there are a lot more of these tragedies in the last couple of years and some might say that these are the things Matthew 24 speaks of concerning when the end shall come
0 likes [|reply]
13 Feb 2009, 08:01
~RedFraggle~
I don't think the issue is with your statement that God punishes sin, but rather that this particular event, in which hundreds of innocent people have died in the most horrific way, could be a vengeful act of God. Regardless of whether you believe that (and I certainly don't), saying such things can serve no purpose other than to hurt people who are already hurting. Saying such things isn't going to bring people to God, and it isn't going to make them less likely to sin. If anything it is only going to push them further away from religion.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Feb 2009, 11:40
& skull.
you said it.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Feb 2009, 12:51
†BrotherJim™
I think it was his point that it did serve a purpose to warn people that judgment has came upon them and to repent from their wicked ways that God would turn his wrath from them. Again I don't think it was but I am sure that was his point as he quotes the scripture, if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. (2 Chronicles 7:14)

That was his purpose and God penned these words that those people of that time might avoid his wrath. The same he is saying here whether he is right or wrong.

This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends