Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
Page:  1 
Period Question
0 likes [|reply]
22 Jun 2012, 06:09
HorrorVixen XO
Are you mote likely to get pregnant on your HIGH FERTILITY days or when u OVULATE?
0 likes [|reply]
22 Jun 2012, 06:10
HorrorVixen XO
More*
0 likes [|reply]
22 Jun 2012, 17:32
Jessica
Health class would make me think that it's more likely on the actual day you ovulate. I think they call the days preceeding it "high fertility" because sperm can live inside you for X amount of days (7?) so you can still get pregnant.

But I'm no doctor ;D
0 likes [|reply]
22 Jun 2012, 22:18
starsmaycollide
^That's correct. It makes sense that you are most likely to get pregnant the day you release the egg, but it can also happen from sex that occurred leading up to it.

And obviously, you could have sex throughout the month if you want (to not stress yourself out about it) but you'll only get pregnant on those few fertile days around ovulation time.
0 likes [|reply]
22 Jun 2012, 10:51
Greta Garbage
Bloop Community Organizer
According to this article I just googled (CLICK HERE) you are most fertile on the day of ovulation but they recommend you have sex at least 2 or 3 times throughout the month because if you just do it on the day you ovulate you will stress yourself out and that most likely will affect having sex.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Jun 2012, 13:33
Zombie Mark
Bloop Core Developer
ha, that video just freaked me out!
0 likes [|reply]
22 Jun 2012, 10:55
Greta Garbage
Bloop Community Organizer
if you go to the website watch the video on the bottom. It's quite amusing with the British accent lol
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jun 2012, 03:27
~Aiure
@Greta: Sounds like Claudia Black (Farscape, Stargate, Uncharted). Which would make it amusing on a whole new level, if it was. Because I'm a geek. :3
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jun 2012, 20:31
Estella
Gosh, what about us Brits, for whom the British accent is, like, normal and mundane? Is there, like, an American equivalent with funny American accents for us to be amused by?
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jun 2012, 20:43
Jessica
@bad penny: Southern Accents? ;D I adore them so much... probably because no one around me ever has them!
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jun 2012, 20:54
Estella
Any old American accent will do - American Bloopers could make their own vids, describing the ins and outs of ovulation and menstruation in their delightful American twangs, to entertain us Brits! I'm always curious as to how the Americans say 'menstruation', actually, ever since reading the Judy Blume book where the characters laughed at the woman who pronounced it 'men-stroo-ation'. That's the only way I've ever heard it pronounced - I want to hear the alternative!
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jun 2012, 21:01
Jessica
I say it like "men-stray-shun" ;D
idk if that helps... but that's how I've always heard it pronounced. If I heard men-stroo-ation, I would probably think of some old bitty talking all hoity-toity in a British accent, honestly.
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jun 2012, 21:20
Estella
Yeah, that's what other Bloopers have said, that they simply don't pronounce the 'u'. I wanna hear it though - vids and voice recordings about menstruation and ovulation should be created for my entertainment! ;D Do you guys say 'ovlation' too? What about words like 'fluctuate' - do you say 'fluctate'? And does 'graduation' become 'gradation'? Or is it simply the presence of an 'r' before a vowel that makes the word lose a syllable - like how 'squirrel' becomes 'squirl'? Americans - post your vids about graduating squirrels with fluctuating menstruation here!

Are old biddies called old bitties in America? Bitty makes me think of Little Britain... this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOfI48IWESo.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Jun 2012, 04:02
Jessica
no. Ov-you-lation, fluck-shoe-ate, grad-you-hatian ;D

I think it's more so people try to lessen words into the least amount of syllables possible. At least that seems the case in menstruation, maybe? I pronounce Bitty and Biddy the same way... so they're the same thing to me ;D Old Bitty/Biddy.

If I get bored enough I'll do a video with words. Make up a list, I'll totally do a voice post ;D
You can hear my midwestern accent. Det. Elliott Stabler loves my accent. He says I sound hilarious.
0 likes [|reply]
22 Jun 2012, 16:40
HorrorVixen XO
Lol ok, thankx.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Jun 2012, 18:40
HorrorVixen XO
Hahaha poor Mark!! Sorry hun.

One thing I'm confused about is how long does the sperm stay alive in ur body. I've heard 24-72 hours to 5-7 days. Whats the real answer or does it depend on the persons body or the sperm itself.
0 likes [|reply]
27 Jun 2012, 21:11
fifty shades.
I'v head 4-5 days. I also heard that if you are about to menstruate soon or already have, then it will last 1 or 2 days. You could always call a doctor at OBGYN office. They would probably know more accurate information.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends