Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Books
What is everyone reading at the moment?
0 likes [|reply]
29 Apr 2012, 19:21
*amour de bebe*
I'm currently reading fifty shades of grey. And also a book called "before I go to sleep" I've forgot who reads it though.
The Hunger Games is next :D
0 likes [|reply]
29 Apr 2012, 19:22
*amour de bebe*
*wrote it not reads it. Duh.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Apr 2012, 02:10
Avonlea@ITW
I'm working through Moby Dick, by Melville. I love it, but it's very slow moving. It was probably fifteen chapters before the main character even gets on the ship. It's so funny, though, that you really don't notice that not much is happening yet.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Apr 2012, 04:40
mo0se
At the moment I'm reading Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner. So far so good. Last book I read was Bubbles In Trouble by Sarah Strohmeyer, which was a random find and it was pretty good.
0 likes [|reply]
2 May 2012, 04:29
SoA
Right now I'm reading Highland Honor which is Book two of Hannah Howell's trilogy of medieval Scotland. It's really good & there's a total of 29 books. The books that follow are the lives of the children from the first three books if I remember correctly. It's really good. Mystery & romance, but you do have to be willing to read...I guess it would be referred to as "Old English"...when the characters are speaking.
0 likes [|reply]
2 May 2012, 17:03
Greta Garbage
Bloop Community Organizer
I'm almost finished rereading Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. I reread the entire series because I wanted to see the movie and wanted a refresher. I was only going to reread The Hunger Games but I ended up just reading all three again! I love the books!
0 likes [|reply]
2 May 2012, 19:55
Jessica
I'm currently reading "A Stolen Life" the autobiography of Jaycee Duggard... it's difficult to read because I keep having to stop and cry my head off. But I will finish this book!

I'm also dabbling in some other books... I've got them on my goodreads profile :)
http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/6916880?shelf=currently-reading
0 likes [|reply]
3 May 2012, 07:58
*amour de bebe*
@ Det. Olivia Benson I just finished reading that, too. I had to skip a few pages because it was just too sad.
0 likes [|reply]
4 May 2012, 04:40
Jessica
@Amour De Bebe: It's so hard for me! I'm only on the second chapter or so, and I've had the book for months!
0 likes [|reply]
2 May 2012, 20:19
I'mStillTatartot
I just got finished reading "The Confession" by John Grisham. It's actually a well written book and it keeps you on the edge of your seat. If you haven't read it yet, you should definitely look into it.
0 likes [|reply]
2 May 2012, 22:43
Oprah Noodlemantra
@Greta Garbage: It's good, I finished a book a day, when I had the day off. They're rather erotic, but I do like the storyline. Be prepared for a lot of amateur writing mistakes, because she self-published, and was a fanfiction.net writer, so just keep that in mind. I do like them, though.
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2012, 11:17
Greta Garbage
@ Oprah, I loved them! Yeah her writing is pretty primitive but the story was great! A little bit too whiny on the third book but it didn't take away from the book for me.
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2012, 13:56
.Amber.
They were originally Twilight fanfiction, yes. But I truthfully didn't see much of the comparison. I barely think Anastasia started off like that. Barely a couple chapters in, she was smart-mouthed and strong, and thinking for herself. Bella was nothing like that - instead whining through the entire thing, and never finding her own voice until she was changed into something new, lol.

But I loved the story. And if I'm honest, I hope they don't make it into a movie - because they'll ruin it.
0 likes [|reply]
28 May 2012, 08:43
Greta Garbage
@ Amber: they are going to make it into a movie. Hopefully they don't ruin it though.
0 likes [|reply]
4 May 2012, 23:21
A Thousand Miles
I'm currently reading Carly's Voice - by Arthur and Carly Fleischmann - it's a book written about the troubles and triumphs of a girl with Autism - how she found her voice, etc. It is absolutely AMAZING. If you are interested in Autism, love someone with Autism, or really, anyone, should read it. If you have an interest though, I can almost guarantee you will love it.

I just finished reading Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult - LOVED it! She has awesome stories all around.

Next up is Microserfs by Douglas Coupland - love his writing style, and cant wait to read this one. :)
0 likes [|reply]
11 May 2012, 05:40
Meghans Follie
Memories of Pebbles and Sand (i put a few bits of it in an entry) .. its about the loss of a loved one. Really it's part of my continued education as a peer mentor with a support group for Surviving family members of soldiers. But also I have found it is helping me quite a bit with the recent loss of a close friend.
0 likes [|reply]
14 May 2012, 15:46
*amour de bebe*
Has anyone read fifty shades darker yet?
0 likes [|reply]
15 May 2012, 01:05
.Amber.
@Amour-

I read the whole trilogy in a few days, lol
0 likes [|reply]
15 May 2012, 07:18
*amour de bebe*
@ Amber - I'm 3/4 of the way thru the second book! Can not put it down! I don't usually read books like this but it's kind of addicting. IS it true it developed from a twilight fanfiction? (perhaps that's why I'm addicted to these books, eek) And according to the internet they're making a movie based on Fifty shades trilogy, not sure if that's true or not though..
0 likes [|reply]
15 May 2012, 18:26
Tam I Am
I'm reading John Grisham's The Litigators. Just started it last night and fell asleep after the first few pages.
0 likes [|reply]
18 May 2012, 04:07
Betch.
I'm re-reading Joe Abercrombie's The First Law trilogy. It's amazing, even the second time through. Definitely recommend it.
0 likes [|reply]
18 May 2012, 05:13
LuckyRose
I am currently reading a book by Carlos Castaneda called A Separate Reality. Second time reading it. One of my all time faves and highly recommended.
0 likes [|reply]
23 May 2012, 17:11
~Just the 3 of Us~
I just read the Fifty Shades of Grey Trilogy and am actually re-reading it again, at a slower pace so I can see what I missed the first time around. It is an amazing series! They are planning on doing a movie but I can't think of a SINGLE actor that could pull off the character of Christian. At least, I can't wrap my head around it. I am not a Twilight person, have no interest in that series, so I cannot comment on their similarities. Next up is the Hunger Games Trilogy.
0 likes [|reply]
23 May 2012, 20:38
*amour de bebe*
@ Mummy Bunny Ian Somerhalder (Damon from vampire dairies) would make a good Christian IMO, I think HE could pull it off, lol. I kind of picture Ana to be like Bella from Twilight but I am hoping not any Twilight people.
Also might re-read Fifty shades trilogy again but after I've read the hunger games books =D
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2012, 02:51
.Amber.
I don't picture Anastasia to be at all like Bella. She's far more outspoken.

But, I think that Anne Hathaway would play her well and do her character justice.

Ian Somerhalder would be the best Christian in my opinion as well, and that's who really wants to play him, too, should they make the movie. The issue with making it a movie, is that for it to be any good - it would need to be rated NC-17.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends