Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
Page:  1  2 
Couple Songs
0 likes [|reply]
6 Feb 2009, 06:26
KerriBlue
I was in a relationship for 2 years, or close to. I always remember him having a Dire Straits cd playing Everytime he drove me home...or drove anywhere for that matter. So I kind of felt that, most of those songs were "our songs".

Unfortunately toward the end of our relationship...he started listening to more Pearl Jam. As a result I became a huge fan of the song "Better Man"...which I thought was a very fitting break up song...because it suited the situation to a T. It was kind of my "sign" to end the relationship.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Feb 2009, 16:24
annababe • •
my & my boyfriend's song is We Weren't Crazy by Josh Gracin.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Feb 2009, 00:48
Jaime
My ex-husband and my songs were I'll Be by Edwin McCain [still adore that song..it's me..he talks about eyes that are like "emeralds from mountains thrust toward the sky never revealing their depth"..again, mine ;D] and a tie between Under My Skin and The Way You Look Tonight both by Frank Sinatra. We danced to the latter at our reception.

My current boyfriend and my song is Sorry by Buckcherry lol. He apologizes for being blue, and we both talk about being apologetically depressed. Inside joke I guess. But it used to lift us up and bring us together again when we listened to it after a fight, but it doesn't seem to work anymore. Lost it's magic I suppose.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Feb 2009, 04:05
Simply Mom
all of your songs are great. I'll be by Edwin McCain is my parents song.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Feb 2009, 11:14
karma.
ive nveer had a song, haha. i'm looking forward to when i do find someone im serious enough with that maybe we'll have one. its kind of cute, but maybe just not my style.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Feb 2009, 16:00
Music God CJ Plain
My g/f and I have TWO songs right now. the first is "Speechless" by Rushlow and the second is the song "I'll Die Trying" by Emerson Drive.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Feb 2009, 16:21
starsmaycollide
We have a lot of them. We've been together for more than 6 years, so really I feel like there are ones that represent different phases. :-P
Some that stick out are 'True Companion' by Marc Cohn, 'Pressure Suit' by Aqualung, and and 'Love Song for No one' and 'St. Patrick's Day' by John Mayer. Actually, really most of John's first album, because we were listening to it when we first started talking.
When it was time to pick a first dance song for our wedding, we didn't pick one we already knew, but one I had found- and I knew him well enough to know he'd agree to dance to it :-P. It was 'Stay with You' by John Legend.

0 likes [|reply]
8 Feb 2009, 03:34
valerieeeee
when i get married i want "our" song (i haven't met my future husband yet) to be the safety dance.
0 likes [|reply]
8 Feb 2009, 08:46
something amazing.
Our song is Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol, and I don't even know how it came to that really. Neither of us can remember why. lol. It'll be that song we dance to or my personal choice, This Will Be (an Everlasting Love) by Natalie Cole. I loooooove it so much. :) I think it would be more fun to dance to a faster song than a slow song. My fiance and I can't take dance classes because we're in different states, but he's pretty good at dancing and I sure as hell would find it boring to do the high school sway for 3 minutes. To be honest, i don't even want dancing at my wedding because i suck at it! lol.
0 likes [|reply]
8 Feb 2009, 20:41
kel-sy
Our song is "When you say nothing at all" by Ronan Keating, and I don't remember how that became our song. I think Steve picked up his guitar one day and started playing it or something and it just clicked.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Feb 2009, 17:56
starsmaycollide
oh, I love that song. my favorite version is by Alison Krauss. :)
0 likes [|reply]
9 Feb 2009, 19:48
just samma;
The Adventure by Angels & Airwaves is the one she picked out.
althought i could pick a handful of suitable Ani Difranco songs :D
0 likes [|reply]
11 Feb 2009, 15:27
[.:Shelbi:.]
This guys i was in love with last year never sang along to songs playing in the car or whatever.
i always thought that was odd, because man i like to jam. There was only one song he'd ever sing to.

The Ballad of Johnny Butt, by sublime.

That song always reminds me of him. :]
0 likes [|reply]
11 Feb 2009, 16:38
kid at heart.
Ours is 'Every Day' by Rascal Flatts and there are a few others too :).
0 likes [|reply]
11 Feb 2009, 16:52
ღPhoenix
we have 5 haha

Only One by Yellowcard
No One by Alicia Keys
Guardian Angel by Red Jumpsuit Apparatis (sp?)
Broken by Seether
The Reason by Hoobastank
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends