[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1 
A "Dad" Punches Son after Team loses Basketball
0 likes [|reply]
15 Dec 2011, 20:09
SoA
Article Here

Parents and onlookers are still coming to grips with the horrific scene they witnessed over the weekend at a youth basketball tournament game in Lakeville, Minn. As KARE 11, Fox 9, The Star Tribune and other media outlets throughout the state reported, 52-year-old Steven Wilson was arrested and charged with fifth-degree domestic assault after he reportedly grabbed his son and punched him in the face after a loss.

Witnesses reported seeing Wilson and his eighth-grade son -- whose name was not released -- walking down a hallway at Lakeville South (Minn.) High when the father grabbed the boy with one arm and began punching him in the face with the other.

Nearby parents had to physically intervene before the altercation was broken up. After calling local police to the scene, Wilson was arrested and spent the night in jail before posting $10,000 to get out without conditions.

The only positive news to come out of this disturbing situation was that Wilson's son didn't require medical attention.

"This assault is an example of particularly disturbing adult behavior on so many levels," Lakeville Police Chief Tom Vomhoff told KARE-11. "Parents attending youth sports events have such a great opportunity to be a positive role model for kids, and that is clearly not what happened here."

Parents attending the game told Fox 9 they hoped Wilson would be banned from games in the future. Quite honestly, seeing his son play in the future should be the least of Wilson's worries.

If charged, he faces a $3,000 fine and up to 90 days in jail. As the saying goes, everyone is innocent until proven guilty; but with so many parents witnessing the altercation, you hope Wilson gets what he deserves.

"It breaks your heart," onlooker Tara Falteysek told Fox 9. "I can't imagine how that young boy feels, that dad would do that to him -- and in front of friends."

Wilson is expected to be in court next month, but you hope between now and then that he seeks counseling and psychiatric help. He certainly needs it.

There is a special place in hell for this Son of a bitch. Personally, I'd love to fuck him up & I think in cases like this Cops should be allowed to beat the living shit out of someone that does what this father did to his son. May this be a wake up call to the wife & get her to take her son & leave.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Dec 2011, 01:20
Lovin'MyLittles
They probably did call CPS, but if Mom was available, he wouldn't be taken out of her custody because of something the Dad did - at least, not in this kind of circumstances.. I don't think it's necessary to take him away from his Mom because his Dad's an idiot.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Dec 2011, 11:52
Finally Mrs. Bailey
I agree. He shouldn't just go into the system if he has one parent he can live with and be supported by. Although in many cases, unfortunately, CPS will take first and ask questions later. I'm glad if they didn't here.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Dec 2011, 00:23
queenbutterfly
Agreed.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Dec 2011, 20:42
canceroustears
This is so sad! I agree with the wake up call comment you made. This is a sign of how the father deals with his anger issues and stress. Can only imagine what he could do to his wife, an adult, when they are fighting.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Dec 2011, 20:52
SoA
And I can't believe that they let him have bail to get out without conditions. If I was the judge mother fucker would be locked up until an intense background check was done on him & his son taken into Child Protective Services. And then I'd have five minutes in a room with him that had no windows or cameras so I could beat the living shit out of him.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Dec 2011, 20:59
canceroustears
I'm honestly surprised that the child wasn't taken by the CPS.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Dec 2011, 21:10
SoA
Yeah I would have thought with the cops coming in they would have brought the CPS with them.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Dec 2011, 08:31
Tiger.10.Baby
Douch bag should get punches in the face as punishment like he did to his son. What a sick person. He needs to attend anger management classes and some jail time. It's a stupid kids sport game!
0 likes [|reply]
17 Dec 2011, 17:36
HorrorVixen XO
Its just a damn game.. People take sports too seriously.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends