Where do you live? Jackson, MI USA
0 likes [|reply]
9 Oct 2011, 19:37
Finally Mrs. Bailey
I'm FROM Jackson!
0 likes [|reply]
9 Oct 2011, 20:10
Music God CJ Plain
@ Mrs Bailey: That's awesome you're from Jackson. I have a serious Love-Hate thing with this town. I love it to death, I just HATE the current leadership here and wish that they would get someone that has an actual clue. LOL
0 likes [|reply]
9 Oct 2011, 20:35
Finally Mrs. Bailey
I completely agree. I live in Lansing now, so it's not much better lol. I'll always love Jack-town for being my home though. :)
0 likes [|reply]
7 Oct 2011, 17:00
kein mitleid
a) for a haircut
Usually about $15-20 (with tip) at Great Clips. It's easy, it's cheap.
b) for your weekly groceries
I think it runs about $80 for my wife and myself.
c) for your monthly rent
$1300 for a 3 bed / 2 bath house.
d) for monthly gym membership (if applicable)
Free -- my work has an on site fitness center.
e) for your monthly gas and electricity
Gas/Electric/Water/Sewage/Trash are all lumped together for me, so it's about $150-200 a month.
f) for your monthly water rates
See e)
g) anything else you wish to add

Where do you live?
Los Alamos, New Mexico, home of the atomic bomb.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Oct 2011, 17:01
Emily the Strange
a) $45 (29 pounds, I reckon)
b) Eh, about $100 (65 pounds)
c) $920 (589 pounds) but that includes all utilities.
d) $50 for two people (32 pounds)
e) n/a
f) n/a
g) Monthly rent varies approximately $5-10 based on utility usage, and includes $5 monthly for my storage unit.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Oct 2011, 17:01
Emily the Strange
Oh, and I live in a suburb of Seattle, WA.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Oct 2011, 17:22
kein mitleid
Emily, how big is your aparment? I think when I was back in PA, we only got about 850 sq. feet for that, and I'm interested in comparing rates. (Might eventually end up at PNL).
0 likes [|reply]
7 Oct 2011, 17:51
Emily the Strange
We've got 738 sq feet. It's a little small, but the pro was the washer/dryer and the storage unit.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Oct 2011, 18:12
kein mitleid
Ah, indeed. We had a washer/dryer in unit, but no storage. On the plus side, we had tennis courts and a small pool. Seems like the Seattle area is about the same per sq ft as where I was in PA, which is good. I'm trying to avoid sending job applications to LLNL, because Berkeley is expensive!!!
0 likes [|reply]
7 Oct 2011, 17:08
Estella
I am impressed by the translation into pounds - you are the first American to do so! ;D
0 likes [|reply]
7 Oct 2011, 18:30
Madeline Rain
Yikes. I guess it’s true that the difference between prices in NYC and the rest of the country/ world is pretty exorbitant

a) For a haircut: About $80. If I get a cut and color it's about $200
b) For your weekly groceries: Two weeks of groceries cost about $150, but we eat out every day for lunch and order takeout on weekends.
c) For your monthly rent: My mortgage is $3,100 a month plus $500 for condo fees. I live in a one bedroom condo.
d) For monthly gym membership (if applicable): $160
e) For your monthly gas and electricity: electricity can be anywhere between $50 and $200/month, depending on the season; heating is included in the condo fees.
f) For your monthly water rates: Included in condo fees
g) Anything else you wish to add: Transportation expenses are cheap thanks to public transportation. A monthly Metrocard costs $104 and it offers unlimited rides on the subway and bus system.

Where do you live? New York City, USA
0 likes [|reply]
8 Oct 2011, 03:41
love♥nik
@Madeline holy crap $160 for the gym?!?! Please tell me it's like an AMAZING gym or something.... xD

Is getting a monthly metro card cheaper than buying per ride? Never been on a subway before so I don't have any idea of how prices are. xD
0 likes [|reply]
11 Oct 2011, 15:01
Madeline Rain
@ love♥nik: Yeah, it's an amazing gym! Too bad I haven't set foot in it since this summer. :p

A monthly metro card is $104 and an individual ride is $2.25; so if you use the subway.bus twice a day you'd save about $20 in a month. Since public transportation is all I use and I rarely take cabs, it makes sense to me.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Oct 2011, 18:43
~Aiure
a) Haircut: Nothing. I get my hair cut by friends or family. ^^
b) Groceries: I get groceries every two weeks, and spend about $150 for two people and two pets. I order bugs online for my bearded dragon every couple of months, for about $30. Since both my boyfriend and I work in the mall, we frequently make trips to the grocery store in there to supplement our at-work food supply, which is much cheaper (and healthier) than making frequent trips to the food court. lol
c) Rent: $900 for a one bedroom basement suite. All utilities, plus cable, internet, and use of the washer/dryer, are included.
d) Gym membership: I don't have one. Even the budget memberships are too expensive.
e) Gas and electricity: Included in my rent.
f) Water: Again, included.
g) Anything else: If I were to continue to take the local (and horribly run) transit, I'd be paying $53 for a bus pass (soon to be $60 - ugh). Believe me, it's not even worth that small amount. Instead, I walk, and pay $18 for a sheet of 10 bus tickets every few weeks, which I share with my boyfriend.

Where do you live? Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
0 likes [|reply]
7 Oct 2011, 20:11
Tam I Am
a) for a haircut $30-$40
b) for your weekly groceries $100 a month. We only shop once a month.
c) for your monthly rent $275 for a 2 bedroom house.
d) for monthly gym membership (if applicable)
e) for your monthly gas and electricity $100 for electricity and it runs anywhere from $15-$200 for gas depends on the season. It's very cheap in the summer.
f) for your monthly water rates $23 a month for water because we just had a rate increase

Where do you live? Magnolia, Arkansas
0 likes [|reply]
7 Oct 2011, 20:43
♥ jes
Oh boy, here we go...

a) for a haircut - When I get my haira cut, I also get my highlights. It runs between $55 and $70. This is every 6 weeks to every 3 months, depends how bad it looks and if I have money, haha.
b) for your weekly groceries - We spend between $50 and $100 on groceries a week... IF that. That doesn't include 90% of our meat, which we get from his parents or my parents.
c) for your monthly rent - $400, 2 bedroom duplex.
d) for monthly gym membership - Thankfully, Tyler and I don't have to pay for it since my family owns the gym. ;) But it would be $45 for him amonth, $35 for me since I'm in school.
e) for your monthly gas and electricity - It'll be between $80 and $150.
f) for your monthly water rates - It's included with our electricity bill... about $20 maximum, depends how much laundry we do. XP
g) anything else you wish to add - I don't believe so... Everything is more expensive around here because we're a podunk little town... Lots of ranchers around. Closest WalMart? 2 hours away.

Where do you live? Valentine, Nebraska. Heart City. North Central NE, 10 miles from the SD border.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Oct 2011, 23:42
Lady Lazarus
a) for a haircut :: Anywhere between £15 and £50 depending on if there's a colour involved.
b) for your weekly groceries :: Between £70 and £100
c) for your monthly rent :: About £300.
d) for monthly gym membership (if applicable) :: Hahahahahahaha!!!
e) for your monthly gas and electricity :: £90
f) for your monthly water rates :: £25

Where do you live? The armpit of Britain...otherwise known as Wigan / Land o' Pies
0 likes [|reply]
7 Oct 2011, 23:52
True
a) for a haircut: $45- $50
b) for your weekly groceries: $270
c) for your monthly rent: I don't know, my husband pays it
d) for monthly gym membership: N/A
e) for your monthly gas and electricity: I don't know, my husband pays it
f) for your monthly water rates: I don't know, my husband pays it
g) anything else you wish to add:
• Child expenses: $50 bi-weekly for lunches
• Fuel: $180- $320 monthly depending on how much I travel
• Ciggies: $120 a month, sometimes more
• Helping my Dad to pay bills & live: 1/2 of every paycheck (by choice)
0 likes [|reply]
7 Oct 2011, 23:52
True
Where do you live? Northern Utah, USA
0 likes [|reply]
8 Oct 2011, 00:58
KerriBlue
a) I'm growing my hair, so I've avoided the hairdresser for quite some time. i think the last time I went I paid $22 just to trim the ends.
b) $100-$120 to get Organic vegetables delivered to our house and then a little bit more for the household items we buy from the shop (most, if not all, the stuff we buy is organic, so we pay a little bit extra for it)
c) I don't pay rent :/
d) I don't - my boyfriend is the manger so he just lets me in haha
e) I don't pay for these either
f) Yeh I don't pay for these either
g) I'm a full time student and not currently working. I'm waiting until I finish up this school year (4 more weeks) before I look for a new job...and even then my boyfriend doesn't really want me paying for stuff...trust me, I've tried

Where do you live? Australia

0 likes [|reply]
8 Oct 2011, 01:00
stubbs.
a) for a haircut
a) I usually cut my own hair, but I'll pay up to $30 if I want something new.
b) About $50-$70.
c) $465
d) n/a
e) I don't drive, and electricity is approx. 50 cents a day here, so less than $20 a month.
f) Water is included in rent!

I live in Oregon.
0 likes [|reply]
8 Oct 2011, 01:11
Bellatrix Lestrange
All my money goes on fags and booze =P
0 likes [|reply]
8 Oct 2011, 01:45
Unauthorized
a) for a haircut-the first and only time I paid someone to cut my hair was a couple of years ago..it was around $15.
b) for your weekly groceries-between $120-150 (every two weeks)
c) for your monthly rent-$200
d) for monthly gym membership (if applicable)-Not a clue..
e) for your monthly gas and electricity-gas..it's propane and I have to pay around $1450/winter, so roughly $120/month (ghetto furnace has been updated so I hope it's considerably cheaper this winter. electricity-$130/month
f) for your monthly water rates-$45
g) anything else you wish to add-library book fines haha $.10/paperback, $.25/hardback per day

Where do you live? West Virginia. Yep, I'm one of those people...
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends