Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1  2 
Sisters abandoned in Jonesboro
0 likes [|reply]
15 Sep 2011, 02:01
Tam I Am
Police in Jonesboro say a 4-year-old girl and her 11-year-old sister were abandoned in separate incidents and have been taken by the state. The Jonesboro Sun reports the 4-year-old girl was dropped off at a day care center Monday morning, but no one picked her up. After the center couldn’t find the mother, the center called the Department of Human Services.
At 5 a.m. Tuesday, police were called to the girl’s home, where her 11-year-old sister told officers that her mother hadn’t been home since she got home from school the day before. She was picked up by a DHS caseworker.
Police say they have not been able to locate the girls’ mother or an aunt.
Information from: The Jonesboro Sun , http://www.jonesborosun.com

Seriously? How the fuck can you abandon your children like that? Those poor babies! Some people should never ever be parents.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Sep 2011, 02:21
ೋMindy☆
While I could wonder how a mother could abandon their child. I'd also wonder if something happened to the mother? Since they can't find her, just makes you wonder.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Sep 2011, 02:24
Tam I Am
Yeah, true. I never thought about that aspect of it.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Sep 2011, 04:55
Beautiful Lies
Yea, I was gonna say before we all come crashing down on the mother lets just hope that nothing has happened to her.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Sep 2011, 13:30
bakerjessica87
yea.. I've been wondering if something happened to her.. those poor kids
0 likes [|reply]
15 Sep 2011, 18:40
.Amber.
Yeah, my immediate though would be something happened to mom.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Sep 2011, 23:40
bakerjessica87
stupid bitch.. should rot in hell
-----
Jonesboro Police say the missing woman who left her kids at daycare and home alone, has turned herself into police.

According to Jonesboro Police, 28-year-old Nicole Leah Davidson turned herself into police around 2:30 Friday afternoon. She has been charged with 2 misdemeanor counts of endangering the welfare of a minor. Her two kids remain in state custody.

Police say hasn't given detectives specifics as to her whereabouts over the past 4 days, only saying she was near Wynne.

Police say she dropped her 4-year-old girl off at a day care center on the morning on the 12th, but no one picked her up. After the center couldn't find Davidson, the center called the Department of Human Services.

At 5 a.m. Tuesday, police were called to Davidson's home, where her 11-year-old daughter told officers that her mother hadn't been home since she got home from school the day before. She was picked up by a DHS caseworker.

Region 8 News will continue to track this story and bring you any new updates as soon as they become available.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Sep 2011, 00:30
Tiger.10.Baby
I wonder if something happened to the mother.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Sep 2011, 23:18
True
"Seriously? How the fuck can you abandon your children like that? Those poor babies! Some people should never ever be parents." "stupid bitch.. should rot in hell" Seriously, who are you to judge this woman? Are you perfect? I didn't think so!

Thank you Tiger.10.Baby, .Amber., ೋMrs.G

I wonder that as well. I mean, the report hasn't stated that the mother was out smoking crack or whoring around. Not to mention the fact that the children were in no way, at no time (so far as we can tell by what was reported) in harms way. Lonely, perhaps but most definitely safe through the duration of their mother's MIA status. Life is unpredictable, and SHIT HAPPENS. No, it's not always in our favor or in the favor of our children, however I think it's unfair for anyone to sit back & assume the worst about this woman, when nobody here has any idea what her story entails.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Sep 2011, 03:13
bakerjessica87
I was one of those wondering if the woman was hurt BUT obviously she wasnt in harm if she TURNED HERSELF into the police..she willingly left those kids... and came back when finding out she was wanted. No, I may not be perfect but I sure as hell wont leave my kid WILLINGLY. I make mistakes along the way yes, but to abandon your children? thats unforgivable.

oh and leaving a 11 year old alone from the time they got home from school til the next day isnt harmful? ANYTHING could happen, maybe the kid tried to cook, burned itself .. or the house down? what then?

I have no pity for this woman.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Sep 2011, 04:04
True
"Police say hasn't given detectives specifics as to her whereabouts over the past 4 days, only saying she was near Wynne." Again, for all you know the woman had a perfectly reasonable explaination for what she did, and for you to call her names not knowing the whole story is very ignorant, period. I will state my opinion, but I will never go as far as calling someone names just because I've heard a thing or two about something that had happened in THEIR life. It's simple, you don't know the whole story, who are you to judge this woman? "Stupid bitch", really? That's just rude.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Sep 2011, 04:05
True
"had happened in THEIR life" *that I don't agree with (sorry, I guess I accidentally erased that part before I submitted it).
0 likes [|reply]
18 Sep 2011, 05:48
~*Pagan*~
And you know while there is NO excuse for not making alternative arrangements for their care - its better to walk away than to kill or hurt a child. We have no idea of the circumstances here.

A few years ago a news story here just told how a woman had stabbed her baby daughter during a domestic dispute. What the story did NOT say was that she had been beaten black and blue by this arsehole for years, and on the night in question she had gone for HIM with a knife and he picked up the baby and used her as a shield. Puts a slightly different spin on things doesnt it?
0 likes [|reply]
18 Sep 2011, 12:11
Aubrey;
Oh @Pagan - that story about the abusive husband and the baby is so sad to me. Oh god. That guy sounds like the worst kind of asshole for using the baby as a shield like that!
0 likes [|reply]
20 Sep 2011, 07:56
Tiger.10.Baby
OMG! That's so sad. That makes me want to cuddle with my son and not let him go. What a coward to grab his own kid as a shield. I hope he gets his ass beat to death.
0 likes [|reply]
21 Sep 2011, 04:27
~*Pagan*~
Just goes to show there is always more than one side to each story :( I dont know this woman personally- but she is a friend of my sister. Tragic for everyone.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Sep 2011, 08:19
& skull.
gotta say i don't understand how people can be saying they have no pity for this woman and that they hope she gets what's coming to her, or that she willingly left her kids. exactly how much do you know about this story other than the woman left her kids, then later turned herself in?

she could have some sort of mental issue, and was either not in a normal state of mind when she left them. or left them because she feared she may harm them. unless you can somehow see into her brain and know exactly what happened, i think you're all being pretty ignorant and hateful based on very little information.

i hope her children AND the mother are ok. if she did anything malicious, i'm not against her receiving some punishment for it. if not though i hope she can get some help.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Sep 2011, 18:41
bakerjessica87
You know, yall get to state your opinions and I'm stating mine. I'm blunt and I'm vulgar. I dont tiptoe around it. I do not care. If she had a mental issue, then someone else should have been there for the kids. As a mother are responsible to take the necessary precautions .. if I'm about to loose my cool, I have someone else come take care of my child until I'm cooled off. THAT JUST ME. The safety of my kids will ALWAYS be a top priority to me (along with food, housing, cleanliness..etc). I think every mother should be like that.

I'm not going to fight with you guys, I will not change my minds.. to call me ignorant bc I do not agree with what the woman did or ya'll trying to make up reasons for her isnt very nice of ya'll either.

I'm done here, I will not be talked down to bc I'm different then you.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Sep 2011, 08:24
True
At this point, I still think you are coming across as being ignorant and maybe self righteous too. It's fine to state your opinion, but name calling is UNCALLED FOR, PERIOD. For you to say that she should "rot in hell", is plain fucked up in my opinion. Again, you don't know the whole story and you are just as human as she is. You are not perfect (not saying that you have claimed to be either), but you have most definitely presented yourself (to me) as being a bit too harsh toward this woman, over something you only know bits and pieces about.

I have to ask you: Does her story hit a sore spot with you for some reason?
Ok, so lets say that this woman does have mental issues that she hasn't dealt with appropriately. It upsets you that she abandoned her children, leaving them to fend for themselves.
What are you going to do about it? What can you do about it?
Bitch & complain, call her names & state that she should "rot in hell"? Ok, fine you are entitled to your opinion & you are welcome to state it however you feel is necessary to get your point across. However, I am sitting here wondering why it bothers you so deeply that you feel inclined to make such a bold & cruel statement about this woman & what she has done, when again, you don't know her, you don't know her children, you don't know anyone involved & you don't know the whole story.

Is it something that really bothers you, or are you just another passer by, caught up in a dramatic read over the net & bored enough to add your 2 cents?

It slightly reminds me of this commercial that I saw a year or so ago while watching TV. A public bathroom sink is pictured with the faucet still on & nobody is using the sink. Many girls walk by the sink & notice that it's on & some even point out that the water is still flowing from it, yet not one of them does a thing to turn the water off, until about the end of the commercial. A girl walks over without saying a word & turns the handle, ending the flow of water being wasted. BAM... she saw a problem and must have known that something needed to be done & she did it without saying a word.
I'm sure you see the metaphore as it is an easy one to understand, yes?

Here's my point, Eric's wife:
Instead of getting all huffy & puffy over the woman's story and the fact that she left her kids alone, maybe you will consider channelling these new found energies fueled by your frusterations over this into TRYING TO MAKE A CHANGE FOR THE BETTER (start a support group for women who suffer from mental anxiety, attend a seminar or something that discusses mental health & find out what you can do in your own community to make a difference to those who suffer from it, or for the children who suffer because of parents who have mental issues, etc) if you really feel that strongly about it. Hell, who knows? Maybe it will help to decrease the chances of it (what was stated in the report) happening again. ♥

Keep in mind, I am just making suggestions. I am not here to tell you or anyone what to do. :) Just food for thought. ;)
0 likes [|reply]
19 Sep 2011, 11:09
& skull.
wow, i sure hope you never develop a mental illness. logic isn't exactly high on the thinking scale when you have something going wrong in your head. have you ever thought that perhaps the safety of her kids WAS her priority, which is why she left them, rather than harming them unintentionally? not everyone has someone around to help them take care of themselves or their children if they have them. perhaps in her mind, leaving them was the best thing she thought she could do. unless it comes out that she's another casey anthony, i think you need to cool your jets.

when something is wrong with your thinking due to a mental issue, sometimes the wrong things seem like the best idea. i was having a rough time at work and rather than talk to someone about it, i spent my time considering ways i could severely injure myself to avoid work. anyone without any experience with depression or some kind of mental health issue would think, "well that's kinda fucked dude, why not just talk to someone and get help?" but it can be difficult to muster up the courage to, or if you're that far gone you might not even realise you need to get help.

we're just considering the fact that she might not be some evil fuck up of a mother, like you seem to be doing, which seems less nice really.

i wasn't talking about you specifically, but the fact that you won't consider any other option makes you seem ignorant. ignorance isn't exactly that bad either. it's just lack of knowledge. you seem to lack any knowledge of mental issues and therefore jump to "bad mother". you definitely seem to lack the capacity to feel empathy for others and to consider that instead of her being "bad" she might just be "sick" makes you look stubborn and arrogant.

no one was talking down to you, they were just pointing out you were being unnecessarily harsh.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Sep 2011, 17:18
Chris
"I'm blunt and vulgar."

I love how you see that as a good quality in yourself.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Sep 2011, 19:24
♥Mars.Foxx
im glad at least the little one was at a day care. being left home alone at 11 for 24 hours isnt harmful. i baby sat as infant when i was 11 for our neighbor. i mean it does depend on the 11 yr old but still. i like the idea of waiting for details until we trash the lady and her parenting skills. as other people have said, if she did take off, at least she left. there have been a lot of cases where leaving the child would have been better then abusing them to the point of disability and death.

also Eric's wife your opinion is yours but the mistakes you made just typing that are hurting my brain lol
0 likes [|reply]
20 Sep 2011, 05:40
Fiat
My first thought when reading this was "Thank God she didn't harm the children instead!" Too many stories of desperate mothers end in tragedy, and while this story is unfortunate it certainly could have been worse.
0 likes [|reply]
22 Sep 2011, 21:48
Greta Garbage
Bloop Community Organizer
Wow certain parties on this thread took this story way too personally. I wonder why.

Yes, the children were not physically harmed. Yes, a lot worse could have happened here. Thankfully they were physically okay. But to say that they were in NO WAY harmed is a fallacy (probably spelled that wrong..I barely ever use that word). We do not know how scared the girls were. Imagine being their age and your mom doesn't come back to get you from day care or you come home to an empty house and you're only 11 years old, scared and hungry. I would have been petrified to be alone all night with my mom and dad.

I hope that there was a good explanation to this but there usually never is.
0 likes [|reply]
22 Sep 2011, 22:08
Tam I Am
Granted Jonesboro and Wynne are only about an hour away from one another but still. Some 11 year olds are emotionally capable of being left at home for a FEW hours. Not from the time they get out of school until the next morning. I'm sorry, but that right there is bad parenting. I can also understand needing a few hours away from your children, but to just up and leave without a word to anyone? That raises a few red flags to me. While we don't know exactly what she was doing in the time frame she was gone, I can tell you that Wynne is not a big town. You have one main drag and the biggest attraction there is a Wal-Mart. Or at least there was the last time I was there.

The fact still remains she willingly left her children, one of whom could have very well been harmed while she was at home alone. God forbid what if a burglar broke in or the girl got hungry and tried to cook something and set the house on fire? I'm sure then you'd be condemning this woman for what she did.

The thing I don't understand about half of the people who responded to this is that 99.9% of the time you're heaping burning coals of anger on the people in the stories that get posted and this one time you have a change of heart? That's the part I don't understand.

I still say she's in the wrong and I really hope they punish her for harming her children the way she did.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends