Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Announcements
Page:  1  2 
Amy Winehouse Dead
0 likes [|reply]
25 Jul 2011, 02:36
Unauthorized
I guess I'll join the mean crowd and say..when I was told she was found dead, I was completely indifferent. Her voice always annoyed me and who really didn't see this one coming?
0 likes [|reply]
25 Jul 2011, 07:13
SoA
I got to second that. I saw it on Facebook and was like meh. I liked her song at first, until the radio stations played it to death & it got to a point where I was wishing i could get my 99 cents back from itunes for her song.

If anything, I feel bad for her family, but like fearless said, she had a chance to fix herself up & she didn't take it. It was bound to happen. As cruel as it may sound
0 likes [|reply]
25 Jul 2011, 14:27
lithium layouts.
Who cares about whether she was a good or bad singer? Whether she did drugs or ate peanut butter on toast for breakfast? She was a living being whose life was snuffed out prematurely. She'll leave a vast space in the lives of those around her who knew and loved her. I truly don't understand how people can be indifferent about a death. I'm not exactly sobbing on the floor over it, but come on. A little bit of sensitivity never went astray.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Jul 2011, 14:29
ღPhoenix
i agree 110%
0 likes [|reply]
25 Jul 2011, 15:38
~RedFraggle~
I think the thing is that drug addicts die all the time. Of course it's sad, of course it's tragic that they died young (and remember many of them just get NO chance... Come from families of addicts, broken homes, were abused as children, can't afford to go to fancy rehab facilities like The Priory... Amy had lots of chances and lots of people who loved her and tried to help her). Of course we should feel for them and their families, but what bothers me is the way the media are going on about how amazing she was and making out like her death is any more tragic than the millions of other addicts who die. She was talented yes, but so may have been some of the others who die virtually unnoticed. And she really was no more special than them and no more worthy of pity than they are. They're all tragedies.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Jul 2011, 15:40
~RedFraggle~
Also, some people are saying she did really try to quit but I've just been reading some quotes from her over the past 5 years, and very few of them sound like someone who really WANTED to give up drugs. And if you wanted to get clean would you really sing a lighthearted song about your father trying to make you go to rehab?
0 likes [|reply]
25 Jul 2011, 15:12
Music God CJ Plain
I prefer to save my sensitivity for those that DESERVE it. Ya know, like the people from Norway or Texas. Or the needless thousands that go hungry each day because of greed/consumerism.

People that WILLFULLY cause their own death due to stupidity and/or negligence don't really rate on my scale.
0 likes [|reply]
26 Jul 2011, 20:12
American
@Music God - all kinds of win from you on this thread.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Jul 2011, 16:55
HorrorVixen XO
RED FRAGGLE: I agree with u 1000%!! I feel bad for her family & the people who tired to help her. No parent should ever have to burry their child, that's the sad part!
0 likes [|reply]
26 Jul 2011, 14:13
SugarNSpice Surveys
I did not (and do not) care for her music or for her. But I still think it is sad that she is dead.
I think any young death is sad. And there are plenty of other people who actually DO deserve to
fuck off and die (paedophiles, rapists, etc). I just feel really sad that these sad people who
may have talent have to die so young. I didn't like her music, but she was popular for a lot of people.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends