Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
Page:  1  2 
Overnights for kids
0 likes [|reply]
14 May 2011, 14:29
Zachary'sMommy
Parents: How often does your kids stay the night at Grandmas/Grandpas? Once a week? Once a month?
0 likes [|reply]
14 May 2011, 15:36
*Forever Changing*
A couple times a month in the summer, once a week in the winter, at least.
0 likes [|reply]
14 May 2011, 16:35
ღ.Life With 3
On average about 3 times a month. Usually closer to once a week though, depending on the grandparents' work schedules.
0 likes [|reply]
17 May 2011, 05:26
.Amber.
Once every two weeks, usually. =] They LOVE Grandma and Papa - and Grandma and Papa love to have them. We also go over there for family dinner every Sunday. (Very close knit family - my in-laws)
0 likes [|reply]
17 May 2011, 05:32
*Forever Changing*
@ Amber I have NEVER met someone else who was close like that. We do family dinners every Sunday too! It used to be Tuesdays and Thursdays but we changed it to Sundays. Its my inlaws as well.
0 likes [|reply]
14 May 2011, 18:33
Unauthorized
ha..my mom won't keep my son overnight..she maybe has one time..and he will be four this year. My mil never keeps him. My sil..once every 6 months or so.
0 likes [|reply]
14 May 2011, 22:05
xoxo♥
My brother brings his daughter every weekend. I think he's being a shit and needs to deal with being a parent. How funny that he's OFF weekends so he shoves her off on us. You made your bed so fucking lay in it. He's a parent now. Rest is a luxory and not a weekend thing where you shove your kids off all the time. :P
0 likes [|reply]
14 May 2011, 22:25
~*Queen Bee*~
never. My mom lives out of state and my boyfriend's mom just moved out of state, though when she was here she only took our son overnight 1 time.
0 likes [|reply]
14 May 2011, 22:29
Lady Lazarus
My dad has the boys once or twice a year and moans enough about those few times that I dare not ask him to take them more frequently! My mum has MS so I would never expect her to have them at her house. My in laws have SEEN their grandkids once or twice since they were born. Touchy subject. I am feeling seriously hard done by reading these posts though. Seriously think I need to trade my parents in for ones that want to take their grandkids overnight... or like some people I work with, take them on holiday!
0 likes [|reply]
14 May 2011, 23:03
bakerjessica87
never.. I dont trust my mom.. and my inlaws always have their other 2 grandkids so I dont wanna add another one on them...plus I dont do well without my daughter..lol She's only 14 months though..it could change when she's older
0 likes [|reply]
15 May 2011, 23:00
Lexie💜
never...unless Im there with them which even so is very rare...my mother and step-dad like to drink so yeah,no! lol
0 likes [|reply]
15 May 2011, 23:00
Lexie💜
never...unless Im there with them which even so is very rare...my mother and step-dad like to drink so yeah,no! lol
0 likes [|reply]
15 May 2011, 23:53
.November.Butterfly.
shes hasnt yet. i imagine she will when the baby comes though when i'm in labour
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2011, 20:29
Bellatrix Lestrange
I think it's good to let your children stay with their grandparents once in a while (:
Well, obviously unless they're abusive, alcoholics or anything else you shouldn't expose your children to.
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2011, 20:50
*Forever Changing*
@bellatrix, I completely agree. My kids are very attached to their grandmother (my mother in law), because they stay over there so much, however my mom is not allowed to keep them over night or even alone without supervision. My dad and my step mother are not allowed either.
0 likes [|reply]
17 May 2011, 21:41
Bellatrix Lestrange
Out of curiosity, why are they not allowed to have your children over unsupervised?
0 likes [|reply]
17 May 2011, 21:49
*Forever Changing*
@Bellatrix, my mother is known to let a man rape her daughter and do nothing to stop it, she is still married to said man, and although they live apart, I do not trust her. My dad is an abusive piece of crap, and my step mother and him have called CPS on me twice, because I did not allow them to see my daughter. Obviously CPS closed both cases but I do not trust him with my children alone. That is also why we moved out of state away from all of my family. My family is backwards.
0 likes [|reply]
17 May 2011, 21:52
Bellatrix Lestrange
@ Mindi :
That's horrible. How could any parent let their partner rape their child!? I will never understand certain people... It sounds better that you don't trust them with your children. Btw, CPS = Child Protective Services?
0 likes [|reply]
17 May 2011, 22:31
*Forever Changing*
@bellatrix I quit asking that question about my mother long ago. And yes CPS is child protective services. My dad is a brat who thinks if he doesn't get his way he can use intimidation and threats to get his way.
0 likes [|reply]
17 May 2011, 22:37
Bellatrix Lestrange
@ Mindi :
Yeah - he doesn't sound like a good person for being that way -especially to his family.
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2011, 21:41
HorrorVixen XO
We live with my MIL she doesn't count. But she takes care of them on some "date nights"

My parents watch the kids over night if we're having a "date night" and for some reason my MIL can't. My parents never ask for them to sleep over.
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2011, 21:47
HorrorVixen XO
@squirrel toots: ur brother sounds like my friend's, Judy, brother. He thinks that just b.c she's their daughter's Godmother that they can dump her on the weekends while they go party! I hate that shit. My BIL & SIL started going out when my nephew was like 2 months old! They would dump him on her mom b.c "she wanted to watch him".. Yeahhhh!
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2011, 21:51
Zachary'sMommy
Thanks everyone! Im moving into my own house really soon(gotta clean! before we get in there) and was just wondering how often parents let their children stay overnight with grandparents. My mom wants him Sunday til Tuesday morning..which I thought was ok..but now it sounds like its to long. IDK what to do now..haha. I dont want her to feel like im just dropping him off to her cause I wouldnt be.
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2011, 21:57
ღ.Life With 3
I wouldnt worry about it unless it becomes a problem. When I say that my parents or in-laws get the kids once a week, it's usually for at least 2 nights in a row. I used to spend Fri night through Sunday evening with my grandma, almost every weekend. I think my parents have picked up that trend with Caleb. lol
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2011, 22:09
Kryssy♥Nicole
My step mom takes my daughter once every other month. She keeps her for about 4-5 days to give us a break and we've never had a problem with overnight visits. My daughter will be 5 soon but this started at 3.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends