[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Layouts and Coding
Page:  1 
Growing Entry Box - Help
0 likes [|reply]
12 May 2011, 04:18
mea;
Hey Bloopers,

I was wondering if someone could give me coding so that my entry posts are "boxed in" with out the fancy borders or the scroll. If that makes any sence...if not ask me elaborate.

Also, for anyone reading this and has trouble with HTML CSS coding I have an awesome site that can help you out with the basics.

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_css.asp

At least I got something out of my college education...
0 likes [|reply]
12 May 2011, 06:29
Quiet Rain
td width="###" height="justified" style="background-color:# ######;border: 0px solid;
div style="overflow:none;width:###;height:justified;"
0 likes [|reply]
12 May 2011, 06:33
Quiet Rain
or you can snag a helpful 'grow as you type' layout template from project service here:: simple layout templates
0 likes [|reply]
12 May 2011, 06:34
Quiet Rain
..would be great if the link actually worked.
0 likes [|reply]
12 May 2011, 16:21
Jessica
@quiet rain: you don't need any of the height:justified things, really. As long as you have overflow:auto in the div style properties, then it will grow with your text :)

I use: <table cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" border="0"><tr><td width="400" style="text-align:justify;">

http://www.bloopdiary.com/project_service ;)
That link has lots of table stuff and CSS coding available for people to learn from.
0 likes [|reply]
12 May 2011, 16:22
Jessica
I should have probably posted the entire code for my entry table...

<table cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" border="0"><tr><td width="400" style="text-align:justify;">
text goes here
</td></tr></table>
0 likes [|reply]
13 May 2011, 22:41
lithium layouts.
@Jess you mean if you don't have have overflow:auto. xD
0 likes [|reply]
14 May 2011, 01:40
Jessica
no... I meant what I said. As long as you have overflow:auto in the div properties.
0 likes [|reply]
14 May 2011, 14:39
lithium layouts.
xD You said the div will grow with the text as long as it has overflow:auto. But overflow:auto makes the box scroll. xD
0 likes [|reply]
14 May 2011, 23:23
Jessica
not for me. my boxes don't work unless I have overflow:auto in them.
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2011, 00:55
lithium layouts.
Really? You don't need overflow:auto for a box to grow with the text, as long as you don't specify a height for the box. The only time you'd specify a height was if you wanted it to scroll, and only then do you use overflow:auto.
0 likes [|reply]
12 May 2011, 17:39
mea;
Thanks for the help you two! :)
0 likes [|reply]
12 May 2011, 17:54
mea;
One more question, the coding Jellyka gave me has distorted my text size to be larger than I like. How do I fix it so that it goes back to using the original text I used in my entry post?
0 likes [|reply]
12 May 2011, 18:15
Jessica
The coding I gave you is just for the layout itself, it doesn't contain any CSS whatsoever.

You can fix the text size by adding CSS, or by adjusting your visualization.
0 likes [|reply]
13 May 2011, 04:21
mea;
Hmm I've tried doing both & neither seem to work! Is there CSS code you recommend I add to layout for my font?
0 likes [|reply]
13 May 2011, 06:16
Jessica
All CSS is pretty much the same, if it's done correctly. Just depends on what colors you want. The only reason CSS wouldn't change the font size is if it was put in the entry wrong, or if there isn't any coding for the font itself.

This Link has a CSS template you can use to create whatever look you want in your diary.

This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends