Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
Page:  1 
Remains found as police charge Kiesha Abrahams'
0 likes [|reply]
22 Apr 2011, 06:53
~*Pagan*~
POLICE have found a shallow grave site and skeletal remains where they believe the body of missing girl Kiesha Abrahams is located.
Scores of officers are searching the area around the grave, which was found in bushland at Shalvey, in Sydney's west.

A short time ago, police announced they had found human remains at the site.

The mother and step-father of missing Mt Druitt girl Kiesha have been charged with her murder this morning, on what would have been her seventh birthday.

Kristi Anne Abrahams, 28, and Robert Terry Smith, 31, were arrested in a laneway in Freya St, Shalvey at about 1am this morning and taken to Mt Druitt police station to be questioned by homicide detectives.

They have been formally charged with the little girl's murder and have just faced Parramatta Bail Court today.

The breakthrough that led police to arrest Kiesha Abrahams' mother and step-father - full story in tomorrow's Daily Telegraph

They did not appear on screen when the matter was mentioned briefly.

Their solicitor told the Magistrate Ms Abrahams was "immensely distraught this morning".

Neither of them applied for bail and it was formally refused, meaning they will remain in custody until their next appearance in Penrith Local Court next Friday.

Court documents say police allege the pair murdered Kiesha at Mount Druitt between July 20 and July 27 last year, about a week before she was reported missing.

The remains, which are yet to be identified, will be taken to Glebe Morgue for forensic examination, police said.

A crime scene has been established and forensic officers have been scouring the area today.

An emotional Detective Inspector Russell Oxford, from state crime homicide squad, said he was proud of police efforts in this case.

He said it had been a long and arduous investigation

More than a dozen locals have converged on Mt Druitt police station to shout abuse at the pair.

Several officers were forced to go into the alleyway to control the growing crowd and stop them chasing after a paddy wagon.

Robert Smith's mother Rebecca is in Mt Druitt hospital after experiencing chest pains early this morning.

Six-year-old Kiesha was reported missing from her home in Woodstock Avenue last August, and since then Ms Abrahams and Mr Smith have been interviewed by police on at least two occasions.

Police set up a task force named Strike Force Jarocin last year to investigate her disappearance.

The pair issued a plea for information just days after they reported Kiesha missing, with a tearful Ms Abrahams begging people "anyone that's seen her can they please go to the police''.

Mr Smith also said during their appeal that he had no idea where his stepdaughter was, saying "If I had any idea we'd be there looking.''

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/keisha-abrahams-mother-kristi-abrahams-and-stepfather-robert-smith-charged-by-police-with-her-murder/story-e6freuy9-1226043198373

I do hope they rot in hell for this, and these are the cases when I whole heartedly yearn for Australia to re introduce lethal punishment.

0 likes [|reply]
22 Apr 2011, 14:58
mo0se
This disgusted me, how someone could do that I don't know!
0 likes [|reply]
22 Apr 2011, 15:16
HorrorVixen XO
Fckn assholes!!! How the hell can u kill ur own child!?! I would never ever do that.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Apr 2011, 01:39
K♥Blah
I remember last year when the story broke about her missing and how her parents were begging for help etc etc. I think everytime a child goes missing (jon benet ramsey, madeleine mccann, Zahra Baker, etc) I, personally, can't help but initially wonder if the parents had something to do with it. I mean I don't want to think the worst in people, but my suspicion tends to go toward the parents. In this case it was sort of the same, I did wonder if the parents had something to do with it and I think a lot of people had the same sentiments - unfortunately it looks like it really was her parents.

Apparently they found them coming back from the "grave" with a memento of some kind. So the police sting followed them to the grave site and as they were coming back - thats when they picked them up. Crazy!

I think this relates to my first point though - it's hard not to automatically assume its the parents BECAUSE of situations like this. Children do go missing and get hurt at the hands of complete strangers, but the media and police will suspect the parents first and foremost simply because look at how many children are hurt at the hands of their parents.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends