Search
Not Logged In
Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
Page:  1 
Need a good Online Petition Site....HELP PLEASE!
0 likes [|reply]
31 Mar 2011, 22:42
Music God CJ Plain
So, does anyone know of any good online petition sites? The following story is from my home town and I want to get a petition going to let the City Counsel know that it's NOT ok to do what they're doing.

The story is here: http://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/index.ssf/2011/03/jackson_county_city_hire_joint.html#incart_mce

Also, feel free to comment this story and let them know how YOU feel...even if you do NOT live here. It could be YOUR town next.
0 likes [|reply]
31 Mar 2011, 23:57
foreverglow
This is just ridiculous. I hate it. Fucking Michigan.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Apr 2011, 00:52
Music God CJ Plain
@Foreverglow: Me too. LIke we don't have ENOUGH douchebags running this town into the ground already. They need to fire the ENTIRE city counsel and the City Manager.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Apr 2011, 23:19
Winged Centaur
While I don't agree with her opinions, I don't think those opinions will matter in the position she will be getting.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Apr 2011, 00:40
Music God CJ Plain
Centaur: I think he opinions matter A LOT for the position she was hired for. She was hired as a HUMANS RESOURCE MANAGER. Jackson has a VERY LARGE Gay population. It's inevitable that she would be in charge of hiring gays here, which she clearly has demonstrated a dislike for. There's also the fact that she is STILL involved in a lawsuit against her former employer for the VERY THING she is under fire for here.

I'm petitioning her being hired for this position. It's condoning her behavior by awarding her with a position that pays almost THREE TIMES as much as the average FAMILY makes in this town.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Apr 2011, 23:28
Winged Centaur
What exactly are you petitioning though?
0 likes [|reply]
3 Apr 2011, 17:40
Fiat
"There's also the fact that she is STILL involved in a lawsuit against her former employer for the VERY THING she is under fire for here."

With all due respect, what exactly is she "under fire for here?" She hasn't even begun her new position yet.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Apr 2011, 19:26
Music God CJ Plain
@MadeToShine: I've already stated what she's under fire here. For the fact that she was hired for a position she had NO business being in. Personal beliefs are personal beliefs, I get that. But when you take them to the work place and use them to discriminate and carry out acts of bigotry, then you've crossed a line and you should no longer be given that platform.

They've placed this women in charge of hiring/firing employees in a place that has a large gay community. And they've chosen to pay her THREE TIMES the average FAMILY salary for this area. It's a lawsuit waiting to happen for an area that can ill afford it.

This county/city has laid off 15 police officers and 21 fire fighters in the last 6 months. We've closed 3 fire stations. YET, We have a City manager that is currently making $118,000. A Mayor that is making $106,000, and a new Human Resources Manager that will be making $90,000.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Apr 2011, 22:51
Fiat
I get why you disagree with her being appointed, but she has not acted out line in her new position. Her new position has not even begun! You claim she's under fire for something in addition to the old allegations at her previous position, but she in fact has not. For the sake of your protest, you might want to be more clear.

Her salary (which I agree seems steep for an economy that requires massive layoffs) is a different issue entirely.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends