The Sims Medieval!
0 likes [|reply]
25 Mar 2011, 08:05
Jessica [Private]
FYI - this game is amazing!
0 likes [|reply]
26 Mar 2011, 00:43
Jaime
So I got a torrent to download of this for my Mac but it says to insert a game disk. I can't get it to work so I just deleted it. It loads the game but before I can start playing it says insert the disk. :(

Anyone know of a Mac torrent? Please :D
0 likes [|reply]
26 Mar 2011, 00:45
Jessica [Private]
@Pants: you have to have daemon tools installed. Then you mount the file you downloaded onto that, and it doesn't ask you for the disk.
It's free: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/eng/downloads

Pretty much all game torrents are like that. You can't play them without the "disk".
0 likes [|reply]
26 Mar 2011, 01:45
Jaime
Well I have a program where I can do that (another torrent - Toast Titanium - god I love piratebay :P), and it got me past the normal "insert disk" that shows at the beginning. So I don't get it. It's hard to run PC programs with my Mac, the files are different. The only way to crack it is to change a file in the gamebin folder and I don't have that, being on a Mac. Grrr! It looks so amazing too lol

I'll try the daemon tools though.
0 likes [|reply]
26 Mar 2011, 01:52
Jessica [Private]
:( Sorry love! I don't know what to tell you. I had to change the gamebin folder for the game to play :(

I'm sure there will be a mac torrent out shortly! There usually is!
0 likes [|reply]
26 Mar 2011, 01:56
Jaime
Well someone at piratebay uses a mac and got it to work, I'll just fool with it. lol. Problem is, I deleted the previous file so I get to wait another day to re-download it haha.

If it doesn't work I'll just wait for the mac crack. Much better than paying xD
0 likes [|reply]
26 Mar 2011, 01:59
Jessica [Private]
tsk tsk. Don't delete things that take forever to download, silly!
0 likes [|reply]
26 Mar 2011, 02:02
Jaime
I got pissed off and figured it wouldn't work :-/

lol
0 likes [|reply]
27 Mar 2011, 03:15
Jaime
So I had deleted the torrent but the game was already installed drrr! lmao..

Found a good explanation on how to get it to work on a Mac and now I'm the proud player of the game :D Woot
0 likes [|reply]
27 Mar 2011, 03:20
Jessica [Private]
oh yay! :D
I'm so glad! :)

How are you liking it so far?

I pulled a big stupid, and I killed off my monarch. I was playing my physician, and I chose a quest for him to kill her thinking it would be fun. Come to find out it ACTUALLY killed her. As in I had to make a whole new monarch ;D I was quite upset! I had her all the way to level 9! (which isn't very high, but it was still a bunch of work!)
0 likes [|reply]
27 Mar 2011, 03:32
Jaime
I think it's really fun! I just finished the tutorial lol. Gotta work in the morning but I have a feeling I'll be playing the shit out of that more than any other sims game. Figured I'd get some tips on what to build first, etc. Not sure what would be the best order. Is there a money cheat? Hadn't tried the old one yet. That's the only cheat I like..I never liked my sims working lol.

That would be annoying killing her off. I like the different paths and stuff though. I'm so excited about this. God, I love torrents haha :)
0 likes [|reply]
27 Mar 2011, 03:38
Jessica [Private]
Yes there's a money cheat ;D

I tried the one from TS3 instantly. It works! It's motherlode (Gives $50k a pop). Totally necessary, imo! Can't pimp out a castle on a thousand dollar budget! ;)

but I'm going to continue neglecting my studies and go back to playing the sims! Huzzah!
0 likes [|reply]
27 Mar 2011, 03:50
Jaime
lol figured it worked. I know how you feel though. I always make my furnishings all the best stuff. Gets expensive ;D

Have fun! Going to bed soon. Later!
0 likes [|reply]
27 Mar 2011, 11:30
Aubrey;
Oh man, I want to play this so badly! My laptop is sadly, running out space for gaming...
But you guys are enjoying? How different is it from the Sims 3? Is it just like a medieval version, or is game play a lot different?
0 likes [|reply]
27 Mar 2011, 18:32
Jessica [Private]
@Aubrey; it's less about building the houses and taking care of families.

When you start out, you create a monarch (king/queen) and that's called a hero character. You get to move into the castle, which has six rooms. Three downstairs and three upstairs. It's like a dollhouse kind of. You don't see stairs, you just see doors that lets them GO to the stairs. If that makes sense.

They can get married and have babies, but you can't control them or their spouse. They still do their own things. Your kids you can have a little more control over (as in you can send them off to do errands) but that's kind of it.

The main thing with this game is to do the quests and improve your overall kingdom. You get lots of different hero options and whatnot.

I have noticed, that this game is MURDER on my computer. And I got it brand new at Christmas time. I found out that turning off the reflections helped a lot (it was making my game blue screen like you wouldn't even know.) but I got some sort of achievement and unlocked a bunch of new items yesterday, and it crashed before I could see what they were, and I couldn't get the quest back to unlock them again. So I was pretty pissed to say the least :(

Oh look at my rambling ;D
It's just amazing, if you like the sims, you'll definitely like this!
0 likes [|reply]
28 Mar 2011, 23:18
Jaime
Did you update to 1.1? I guess it crashed a lot before that.

I have NO problems with my computer while playing. Sims 3 was insanely laggy especially if I had more than two people on the screen at once. I have a bunch of "subjects" in the castle and I'm running fine.

And I'm LOVING this game. So much replay value because each quest you complete changes the quest list. It's awesome!
0 likes [|reply]
28 Mar 2011, 23:38
Jessica [Private]
Yeah I updated right away before I even played it.
I heard someone say that it was practically unplayable without it, so I didn't even chance it ;D
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 00:53
Jaime
Haha yeah no kidding.

I'm loving this game too. Not sure how I'm doing but it's sooo fun! I don't like when more than one hero's involved in a quest though, it's hard keeping them happy, keeping on the quest plus doing the two additional quest tasks. Ugh. But it makes it challenging so that's cool!

I find myself playing my monarch mostly though...the whole naming her after me thing I think ;D
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 01:03
Jessica [Private]
I did a couple quests with more than one person, I didn't like it too much either. I usually just play the monarch as well, it's more fun ;D

I unlocked the next little set of quests on the web. But I have to make a whole new kingdom, which is sad. I wish there were more things to build in the kingdoms ;D
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 01:10
Jaime
Oh lame. So once you do everything in one kingdom, you can't free play at all? I was hoping eventually that would get unlocked.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 01:15
Jessica [Private]
oh you can, like you can keep doing quests and stuff, but at a certain point you stop getting XP for the kingdom. Or at least that's what it said to me. I unlocked new outfits too :)
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 19:08
Jaime
Ooh!

The thing I don't like is if you get stuck on a quest and can't find something or the person you need isn't available, you go to jail because you're not finishing the quest on time. My blacksmith had that happen. Kinda pisses me off. She's a glutton so I had to feed her constantly, do the side quests plus the main quest when the monarch wasn't available for awhile.

Blah.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Jun 2011, 21:31
Ninja.in.disguise.
Wow.... that's like my two favourite types of game combined... definitely have to get that! xD
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jun 2011, 00:24
.Amber.
Awe, I miss playing various versions of the Sims, lol.

I especially miss playing The Sims Online. I wish they'd bring that back.
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jun 2011, 00:38
Jessica
@amber: They're coming out with a facebook version. :)
It looks to me kind of like the sims online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT0fZqo4apc
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends