Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Gaming
Page:  1 
Help w/ Bioshock
0 likes [|reply]
22 Feb 2011, 06:30
Aspiring Boxer
I posted this in a forum on another site (for Bioshock) but haven't gotten any replies so I don't think it's a very active site.

I'm playing a computer game, Bioshock. The first one, not the second one. This was the first time I've played any kind of shooting person game. This is what I posted in the other forum:

"I've played Bioshock before and beat the game twice - I'm playing it for the third time, on a harder setting. This was my first shooting type game.
Now I'm completely stumped - I'm at the part where I have to find a diary to assemble the bomb (in Hemtaphus - sp?). I've already found the crawlspace/hidden office and found the bomb. I also found the diary but that is where I'm stuck. My goal currently reads that I still need to find the diary but I have the diary in my messages. The goal won't change and the subtitles also won't read. I'm hearing impaired so I always have the subtitles on. I thought maybe I did something wrong but I can't figure it out - I even started a new game and the subtitles still won't load, even though they are on. I tried restarting the computer, etc. What do I do?"

So... Anyone out there who might have an idea what the deal is?

I noticed these issues:
-Subtitles won't work even though the option is on. They worked in the past, it just stopped working mid-game and now won't work at all even with new games.
-When starting a new game (while I was trying to figure out if it was a glitch), the very beginning when the batysphere comes up and I see the splicer, the game freezes for maybe 10-15 seconds, not moving but the effects still work. Such as there's electric sparks, lightning, and the splicer's hooks are glowing/fading/glowing... But the splicer and man themselves are completely frozen.
-Unable to move on to next goal as listed above. I've already found the journal and I have it in my 'messages' but it isn't showing that I have the journal, it says I still have to find the journal but I've already found it. I can't move on until it recognizes that I've found the journal because the journal lists essential items I need for my next goal.

Help! Anything I can do to get it to work again? Or am I basically screwed?
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends