Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
Page:  1 
Hair Dye
0 likes [|reply]
26 Jan 2011, 08:03
~Aiure
I really, really love having a vibrant hair colour, and I miss having it. But I have thin, super sensitive brown hair and the water in my city isn't kind to it. I constantly have to use TONS of Dove Intensive Repair conditioner in order to keep it decently healthy looking. The last time I dyed it blue, I used really gentle hair "bleach" (I don't remember what it was called - this was a few years ago) beforehand and it still fried my hair so bad I had to chop most of it off after a while. The dye would also fade drastically within two weeks, whereas with most people, it can last a month or more. I've used Manic Panic in the past, but most recently La Riche, which seems to work best. Does anyone have any tips on how to keep my hair from getting so frazzled, and also how to prolong the vibrancy of the dye?
0 likes [|reply]
26 Jan 2011, 16:12
Dreamer ♥
For dyes, if I am after a vibrant colour ie red which I am slowly going again after being black. I had to bleach from the roots but only did half way down. I use XXL live colours and use the brightest I can. I then use tresemme shampoo and conditioner every other day, never wash it 2 days in a row. Sounds mank but if I wash it every day, the colour fades real quick and I suffer from dandruff.

Tresemme is expensive but it works wonders! I bought a big bottle and so far it is in its 4th month and still going! So it's worth paying out for! Same with the XXL dye, expensive but works wonders.

I would always recommend a patch test first though!

Be safe!
0 likes [|reply]
27 Jan 2011, 03:45
Makayla
Oil treatments! They are a miracle. I also like to change my hair color like I change my moods & they have SAVED my hair a million times. I haven't bought any in a while & can't remember the name brand I use but I believe it starts with a R & it's in a red box. The oil is in a little plastic tube that you twist the top off of & use. Feel free to help me out here if anyone knows what I'm talking about.
0 likes [|reply]
27 Jan 2011, 03:51
Makayla
I remembered (well actually I looked it up on walmart.com but anyways) it's VO5 Hot Oil Shower Works Moisturizing. You can use it as much as once a week.
0 likes [|reply]
27 Jan 2011, 03:54
Makayla
Also try the Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition fortifying conditioner. As far as the color staying longer, I've learned if you dye it yourself it's always going to fade quicker than at a salon. Sorry so many posts I got to start getting my thoughts together before I start blowing up the thread..lol
0 likes [|reply]
27 Jan 2011, 04:26
Sugar.
I used to dye my hair monthly when I was in highschool. Manic Panic is a quick fader, period. I prefer the brand Raw, it has a little more staying power. Since the 'weird' colors, like blue, purple, pink, etc. only are semi-permanent they will wash out a little every time you wash it, and they will run anytime it gets wet. What I typically do it get a moisture mask for the hair, which you can do in the shower after I am done with the bleaching and coloring process. I know manic panic used to make color-booster moisturizer, but the only way I knew to get it was through their website. Which, would help the color stay very well, and you can use that with any brand hair dye. Other than that, certain colors fade much quicker than others. Like red, it fades very quickly. Blue lasts probably about twice as long as red does. Pink for some reason though will fade, but won't ever completely leave the hair. I had mine dyed once, and then went to strip it after my roots grew out some and I ended up with platinum roots and bubble-gum pink every where else!
0 likes [|reply]
27 Jan 2011, 14:58
just samma;
your pink hair was cute.
=P
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jan 2011, 03:54
Sugar.
your whole face is cute. :)
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jan 2011, 02:54
mixie
all "unnatural" colors are going to fade fast, especially if you wash every day. If your dye comes in a squirt bottle, mix a drop or two of it in with your shampoo in your hand before you scrub it in.
0 likes [|reply]
26 Jan 2011, 09:24
Transit
You need a colour safe shampoo, typical high street brands aren't, and then they aren't that great for damaged hair either. The tigi fashionista range is really good for coloured hair, you can get serums as well and styling products in that will help keep your colour for longer.
0 likes [|reply]
26 Jan 2011, 15:41
~RedFraggle~
I'd never dye my hair myself. Best to get it done by a hairdresser. If you shop around it doesn't have to be expensive.
0 likes [|reply]
26 Jan 2011, 23:19
{ ¥ N3LLi3 ¥ }
My hair is pretty damaged. I have to constantly dye it to get a lighter shade because my hair is a natural DARK brown that almost looks black. But I use tressemme (spelling) and I get a few different ones and mix them together... The silky, color treated and just a normal moisture... I usually put them all in and leave them on for about 30 minutes and wrap it up in disposable shower cap and just keep myself entertained for a while...
Don't blow dry it when it's done... And when your hair is really damaged you're not supposed to wash it every day. So I just wash my hair about 4 times a week.

I try to do it every other day or so. I sometimes use biolage. It's a little pricey but it's THE best I've ever used. Also from fructis, they have some sleek and shine stuff.. You'll know what it is as soon as you see it. It's in a green transparent PUMP bottle and it smells AWESSSSSOME!!!

That's just what I do to my hair. People don't even believe me when I say it's damaged!!!
0 likes [|reply]
27 Jan 2011, 05:42
Beautiful Lies
You should look into getting sulfate free shampoo. I suggest TIGI BedHead Superstar Sulfate Free Shampoo and Conditioner. Also make sure you purchase it from a salon and not from like walmart. If you purchase it at walmart you might not really be getting TIGI. Just sayin. :)
0 likes [|reply]
27 Jan 2011, 06:10
~Aiure
Awesome, thanks for the tips, guys. I really appreciate it. Ima have to check out some of these brands when I have some money to play with.

Also, Walmart is evil. You won't catch me in there unless I absolutely cannot find a certain product anywhere else. lol
0 likes [|reply]
27 Jan 2011, 15:02
just samma;
i'd try some oil treatments, stop washing everyday, ge some leave in conditioner & once it was in better shape switch to all natural shampoo.
i have dreads now but before i was rocking these i had hair i was coloring blue-black every 4-6 weeks. Making the switch to natral shampoos can be difficult if you are a conditioner addict like i used to be, but completely worth it in my opinion.
I've only been using Lush products for about three years now & i love them. Even though dreaded & colored my hair is in awesome condition because i don't over wash.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends