[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Suggestion Box
Page:  1  2 
Bloop Advice?
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2011, 22:40
*~Loving You~*
Hey,

I was wondering - since we have Bloop Secrets, what if we had a Bloop Advice? where we can ask for advice and get some feedbacks for those who feels embarrassed to ask in thier diaries?

0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2011, 23:07
Jessica [Private]
I've started the diary twice. I had it up before the crash, and another I made after the second one at the beginning of last year.

Never got submissions. Maybe one or two initially, but nothing after that.
They weren't worth keeping open.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2011, 23:52
*~Loving You~*
*groan* i was thinking it would be really nice - i mean theres alot more people and i know iw ould love to have a advice thing to go and ask but i had NO idea there was one... :-/ but how did you start one up? i would do it and give it a try
0 likes [|reply]
19 Jan 2011, 01:25
Jessica [Private]
It was it's own diary. And I advertised it through several entries in bloop secrets, as well as in the forums. They were both up for a very long time (respectively) and advertised.

There are also far less people than there were when I first made the diary. Bloop is dead compared to how it was back in the day, even with the OD newcomers.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2011, 23:46
Chris
What Jessica said. She's started up two, I know someone else who started one, and there have been at least three others. None of them are ever active.
0 likes [|reply]
21 Jan 2011, 10:54
Bellatrix Lestrange
I think a Bloop Advice diary would be a good idea.

People could submit their entries anonymously.

And the people commenting can give them advice.

I know there's been a few diaries like this but perhaps it might work out this time!

(:
0 likes [|reply]
22 Jan 2011, 07:42
F C U K
Hmmm well I didn't read this whole thread, skimmed it. But may I suggest since Bloop advice doen't get a lot of submissions... maybe combine bloop secrets with bloop advice since a lot of people would submit to the wrong diary anyway and try that for a while? Say that within time that it grows then perhaps start an actual diary for it???

IDK... I tend not to ever ask for advice, I mean I have in the past on my own diary but I follow my own gut.
0 likes [|reply]
22 Jan 2011, 08:46
Jessica [Private]
Deeeefinitely not happening.
0 likes [|reply]
22 Jan 2011, 10:40
Roche Coach
Bloop Secrets already kind of does that, without officially sanctioning the "advice" thing. But I'm sure people understand that if they submit their entry to Secrets, they're opening their stories up to the public for comments.
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jan 2011, 01:11
Bellatrix Lestrange
@ F C U K - That actually sounds like quite a good idea!
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jan 2011, 01:14
Jessica [Private]
Not happening.
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jan 2011, 02:31
Roche Coach
I'm loving how people are deciding what good ideas are for diaries they have no control over.
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jan 2011, 02:57
Jessica [Private]
It's annoying as shit, ferreal.

Cuz you know some dense person is going to see these posts and be like OH I NEED ADVICE, ILL GO TO BLOOP SECRETS.
And then I'm gonna have to get all mad because they send me a damn secret that says 'SO LEIK........... MUH BOIFRAN IZ CHEETEN ON ME............ WUT SHULD I DO?'
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jan 2011, 03:25
Roche Coach
MUH BOIFREN CHEETOS WAT DO
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jan 2011, 03:29
Jessica [Private]
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jan 2011, 16:29
Bellatrix Lestrange
@ Jessica - Aww. What a pity!
0 likes [|reply]
19 Jan 2011, 01:48
& skull.
the only reason i wouldn't use it is that i prefer to get advice from friends, who know me, rather than randoms on an anonymous entry. i can be as tmi as i want in my diary and most of my friends won't mind lol. and i don't mind if they have something tmi to ask about.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Jan 2011, 01:59
Mami 2 ♥ 1
I don't think bloop advice is a good idea...Mainly because that is what we use our own diaries for. I write about what I am going through in my life and get advice from the people on here who care about me or who have been there.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Jan 2011, 16:24
Emily the Strange
I'm in favor of it. Especially if it causes people to be catty in the comments. I mean, I'm sure no one would use it for actual advice, as the other comments have shown, that's what our individual diaries are for. But if it stirs things up a bit, sure. Another advice/secret/et cetera diary can't be worse than the millions of layout diaries we have.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Jan 2011, 21:38
Jessica [Private]
Comparing a advice/secret diary to layout diaries doesn't really apply.

There are different layout diaries because they offer varieties of layouts.
Additional advice/secret diaries would just be the same thing. Nothing would really be different.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Jan 2011, 23:23
Emily the Strange
When the layout diaries are reproducing the same layout with just a different color style to it, it's a fair comparison.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Jan 2011, 23:39
Jessica [Private]
I haven't seen any layout diaries doing that. I know I certainly don't.

Do you have an example?
0 likes [|reply]
19 Jan 2011, 23:45
Emily the Strange
As you'd like me to be rather rude and name names, I'll send a short list in a private message if you would like. Just because they don't thrill me and I find it repetitive doesn't mean I'd like to begin bashing individuals. Some are nice and provide a variety. Others just find one layout and use it for the base of -everything-. I was merely sarcastically making the point that we already have diaries that are made for advice, secrets, and other such things and yet another one would be unnecessary.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Jan 2011, 23:52
Jessica [Private]
Wasn't my intention to bash anyone, and I certainly didn't mean to make it seem like I was asking you to be rude.
I was just curious, since I haven't personally seen diaries that do that. (Although I don't go searching for layout diaries, since I make my own lol.)

A message works, though.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Jan 2011, 21:59
Aubrey;
I don't know why people are getting so up in arms. If someone wants to start a new one, whatever. If you don't like the idea, don't use it or read it.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends