Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Thread Graveyard
Page:  1 
Columns
0 likes [|reply]
3 Oct 2010, 00:44
Aubrey;
All I want to do is fix my front page a bit. I want to have a picture in one "column" and have the text NEXT to it instead of on top. I do not, however, want boxes. I had the coding for this before, but I don't remember how to do it, nor what it is actually called (and thus, am unsure where to look for it).

Here is a basic illustration of what I want:

Hope someone can help, thanks. :-)
0 likes [|reply]
3 Oct 2010, 00:44
Aubrey;
(I only drew the boxes to illustrate. I do not actually *want* the text or pictures to be in a box!)
0 likes [|reply]
3 Oct 2010, 01:13
Stbluesboy
so you want 3 columns, the middle to be a text field? and the last to be your entry, do you want padding?
0 likes [|reply]
3 Oct 2010, 01:16
Aubrey;
I just want two columns, because the entry list is already a column. as for padding - that's the space on either side, right? Yes, padding between the picture and the text would be good.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Oct 2010, 01:30
Jessica [Private]
http://www.bloopdiary.com/project_service/four-layout-templates

That should be what you're looking for.
From what I gather, you don't want to move the entry table at all, correct? You just want it to stay all the way to the right how it is?

You can use the side-by-side code in that entry, and just remove the bit for the border around the image (And the text table if you want)

If you need help at all just send me a message at this diary or project service, I can help you out with it :)
0 likes [|reply]
3 Oct 2010, 01:30
Jessica [Private]
And you can change the sizes of the boxes and all that to be perfect :)
0 likes [|reply]
3 Oct 2010, 01:33
Aubrey;
Well, that's similar, but I remember having a code that just split it into columns. There was no lines or anything like that.
I'll try it, though, and see if I can make the lines invisible.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Oct 2010, 01:41
Aubrey;
Thanks, Jessica! That looks like it'll do just fine!
0 likes [|reply]
3 Oct 2010, 03:35
Jessica [Private]
Haha, not a problem! You can always hide borders, because they aren't on tables by default :)
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends