Search
Not Logged In
Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1 
Paster Terry Jones Cancels Quran Burning!
0 likes [|reply]
10 Sep 2010, 00:49
Greta Garbage
Bloop Community Organizer
Sometimes we get heard! I found this article on www.sun-sentinel.com explaining that the Defense Secretary called Jones personally and pleaded with him not to go through with his plan. Jones claims he was promised that the mosque that is being planned to be built by the 9-11 site was going to be moved. Here is an excerpt from the article and below it a link to read the rest:

he anti-Muslim leader of a tiny Florida church backed off his threat to burn the Quran, defusing an international firestorm Thursday after he said he was promised that a planned Islamic center and mosque would be moved away from New York's ground zero. The imam planning the center, however, quickly denied such a deal.

The Rev. Terry Jones had been under intense pressure to abandon his plan to burn the Quran on Saturday, the ninth anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. President Barack Obama urged him to listen to "those better angels" and give up his "stunt," saying it would endanger U.S. troops and give Islamic terrorists a recruiting tool. Defense Secretary Robert Gates took the extraordinary step of calling Jones personally.

Here's a link:
0 likes [|reply]
10 Sep 2010, 04:06
Winged Centaur
The link did not appear.
0 likes [|reply]
10 Sep 2010, 04:12
♥Mamato5
Apparently he has changed his mind because he had "clearly been lied to"
http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/florida-pastor-terry-jones-cancels-plans-to-burn-quran/19627836?icid=main%7Cmain%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%7C169549
0 likes [|reply]
10 Sep 2010, 04:09
Winged Centaur
Also, I'm glad to hear that the idiot has agreed to not go through with it. No matter what that ignorant man's intentions were or expected outcomes, the reality is that it would only have very negative consequences, such as those mentioned in the article like giving Islamic terrorists a recruiting tool.
0 likes [|reply]
10 Sep 2010, 19:27
Greta Garbage
I know he's going to get our troops killed. I hope that the government holds him personally responsible for each death, too, if that does happen. Asshole!
0 likes [|reply]
10 Sep 2010, 20:45
Greta Garbage
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/florida/os-florida-quran-burning-cancelled-20100910,0,7841264.story?page=2

here's a link to the latest article (placed on sun-sentinel at 4:20 pm today). He's back to not doing it. Let's see how that goes! His son is wearing a gun because the "FBI told them that they should wear guns because they have received 100 death threats". Another delusion??? I don't think the FBI would tell them that, would you?
0 likes [|reply]
10 Sep 2010, 23:40
Chris
No, the FBI didn't tell him that at all. According to the Alligator, and the Santa Fe College (UF's community college)'s newsletter, the FBI told them not to do it because they received over 100 threats. The FBI would NEVER tell them to wear guns. These people are Christian extremists who aren't above horribly stretching the truth in order to promote their agenda.
0 likes [|reply]
10 Sep 2010, 23:42
Greta Garbage
@ Chris...Oh I know the FBI never told them to wear guns. They really think we are that dumb to believe them. *shakes head*
0 likes [|reply]
11 Sep 2010, 04:27
Music God CJ Plain
And now the Westboro idiot shits are claiming that THEY ARE gonna do it instead. I wish someone would blow that fucking church up!
0 likes [|reply]
11 Sep 2010, 10:45
Greta Garbage
@ CJ: I wish their higher ups would intervene and be like "Hey, this isn't the proper way to represent Christianity. Stop now or be stripped of your Pastor credentials". Won't happen...maybe they believe that even bad press is good press like the stars.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends