Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1  2 
Burn The Koran (?/!)
0 likes [|reply]
9 Sep 2010, 09:59
KerriBlue
@Anonymous Source: Whoop, Bloop has it's very own "On Location" reporter!

I think, the majority of what I'm hearing around (my friends at least anyway) - the usual reaction that is heard is along the lines of "Damn Christians" but I THINK, the general consensus is that people just believe this guy is a moron. I haven't had anyone "slam" christians about this, everyone has identified that the issue isn't Christianity Vs. Other Religions - the problem is this one guy who is going to be doing something that isn't going to help. I hope that's clear, I can't really say what I'm think without it being confused in someway. Basically, people aren't saying "This is the problem with Christianity!" people are saying "Uhhhh is this guy fo' realz?!" and "This man is clearly suffering a serious failure of his brain functionality"

I just...I'm kind of interested at this point to sort of, look deeply into religion, just because - I know that the three religions which have the most peaceful teaching are Judaism, Islam and Christianity. Now for three religions which have the most peaceful teachings, they all seem to keep getting themselves into sticky situations. I blame misinterpretation really (and that whole issue with Gaza *sigh*). Actually last week I wanted to look more into buddhism except then I heard something about their views on attachment and the idea of self. Seriously, religions and cultures are awesome to read about.
0 likes [|reply]
10 Sep 2010, 14:55
American
You know that Muslims have burned bibles and destroyed crosses before. Not to say that it makes this okay, definitely not. But they have done it. They razed a whole church in the process. At least this guy is only burning a book.
0 likes [|reply]
10 Sep 2010, 14:56
American
^^ was @Jessica
0 likes [|reply]
10 Sep 2010, 16:41
Chris
@iWrite: At least this guy is only burning a book.

I'm going to have to agree with you here. Burning a book out of racism and bigotry is better than burning a person out of racism and bigotry.

However, with everything else you've posted, I've already responded to, especially about the GOC you keep going on and on about, and you haven't responded. Did you know that there were no less than 9 Greek Orthodox Churches in that area, and that the land the recreation center was being built on was unowned before the Muslims bought it and decided to build there?

When are you going to respond to these points?
0 likes [|reply]
10 Sep 2010, 21:14
Jessica [Private]
@iWrite: yes, I know. Like I said, it's not right on either side of the fence.
0 likes [|reply]
9 Sep 2010, 01:24
HorrorVixen XO
@chris: i would definetly wanna see ur footage..
0 likes [|reply]
9 Sep 2010, 04:34
.::erin::.
oh that's disgusting. i don't think jesus would be impressed by them at all. how can people be so ignorant?
0 likes [|reply]
9 Sep 2010, 13:23
Greta Garbage
Bloop Community Organizer
How would the people of this idiotic church like it if we stood on the other side of the street and while they burned the Qur'an we burned the bible? They would be outraged. They don't understand what they are doing is wrong. Fine, you disagree with a mosque being built near the 9/11 site. You have the right to disagree. You don't have the right to be blatantly disrespectful to another culture because you are against their "extremists". Which makes me laugh because in my eyes, he's a Christian extremist. He might as well say, "From one extremist to another, I don't like you!"

I think these Christian extremists are getting worse every year. The Christian church needs to purge themselves of these people before they totally discredit the religion entirely.
0 likes [|reply]
10 Sep 2010, 00:08
Greta Garbage
Bloop Community Organizer
@Kerri: I completely agree with everything you said and lol@ the scientology remark! They can take Tom Cruise with them!
0 likes [|reply]
10 Sep 2010, 01:17
Opie's Old Lady
lamo niiiiiiiice
0 likes [|reply]
10 Sep 2010, 03:59
Winged Centaur
I do not believe in censorship outside the home (i.e. parents monitoring what their kids are watching). Book burning is a form of censorship, so I do not approve. This is the action of an ignorant man and his ignorant congregation. I hope he does not do this, because it will be another blight on the name of Christianity, right under things like the Crusade and the Westboro Baptist Church...
0 likes [|reply]
10 Sep 2010, 04:07
KerriBlue
@Winged Centaur:

What I think may be that little bit worse is, not only is this "another blight on the name of Christianity" - it's also dragging the American name through the dirt. I mean when all this came up in the news, people were...and still are....concerned that if this Pastor and his followers go ahead with the book burning, you can be sure that "Christian Soldiers" aren't going to be singled out and attacked...all American Soldiers would be in danger.
0 likes [|reply]
10 Sep 2010, 04:11
Winged Centaur
@Kerri:heart:Blue

I agree, the whole would be punished based on the actions of a few.

On a side note, I wonder if the church had already acquired all those Korans...I mean, did they buy them all? What are they going to do with them now? "Umm, we need to return 500 Korans..."
0 likes [|reply]
10 Sep 2010, 04:29
KerriBlue
@Winged Centaur:

I'm sorry we can't refund your money, but we can offer you a store credit so long as it's within 7days of purchase, do you have a receipt or proof of purchase?
0 likes [|reply]
10 Sep 2010, 04:30
KerriBlue
(it's been a looooooooooooong day)
0 likes [|reply]
10 Sep 2010, 17:10
Acid Fairy
I think they should be fair and burn all holy books. Oh that would be so very entertaining ;D

But as much as I dislike religion, I can't condone the burning of any book. Literature is a wonderful thing, regardless of whether it is 'holy' or not.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Sep 2010, 19:39
The Ryan
I think they should just burn Twilight and be done with it.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Sep 2010, 19:49
Opie's Old Lady
@TheRyan: I so totally agree with you!!!
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends