Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
Page:  1 
Post-Baby Belly Binding?!
0 likes [|reply]
30 Aug 2010, 05:29
Blitch. [+1]
Hey ladies [and gentlemen, although this won't really apply to you]!

I've been considering buying a Belly Bandit [or similar] for after I give birth in late October. Apparently they're supposed to help support your tummy, back, and "core" after delivery to get you back into "shape" quicker. It's not meant to lose weight but to help shrink everything with even, constant pressure around the mid-section.

Anyways, the point of this post: has anyone ever actually tried one? Or know anyone who has had one? None of my friends IRL have used one but the testimonies that I have read are all very positive. Before I spend my $65+ I want to make sure that I'm not buying something that won't actually help me.

Gracias!
0 likes [|reply]
30 Aug 2010, 05:43
Jessica [Private]
I've never actually heard of binding for bellies, but I have heard of a similar method being used for people wanting to reduce the size of their breasts, and I know for that it does actually work. At least somewhat.

I'd imagine belly binding would be similar to wearing a corset? Depending on how you'd wear it.
Sounds kind of scary to me, to be honest. Compressing your mid-section can't be good for your organs and what have you, can it? :-/
0 likes [|reply]
30 Aug 2010, 05:45
Blitch. [+1]
As far as I've read it's not a TIGHT compression. It's like wrapping an ace bandage around a swollen ankle.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Aug 2010, 05:53
Jessica [Private]
Ah, that probably wouldn't be so bad. I was thinking like super squeezing or something lol.

But if it's only that tight, wouldn't a girdle have the same effect? It's definitely cheaper than $65 :S
0 likes [|reply]
30 Aug 2010, 05:59
Blitch. [+1]
I'm not sure - I've never worn one or known anyone who has worn one before! They just SOUND incredibly uncomfortable?! Not to mention the Belly Bandit comes in bamboo so it's super breathable and stretchy. I did a quick google search and most of the girdles are about $40 for a "quality" one. I shall do more research in the morning. Thanks! :D
0 likes [|reply]
30 Aug 2010, 14:20
Lovin'MyLittles
I have contemplated ordering one of these.. if only for the fact that after you have a baby, your skin/belly area is just so loose.. it would be nice to have SOMETHING supporting it. I imagine that with having that support those muscles can shrink down a lot easier without having gravity yanking on them.. I'm just worried about sizing, etc. I hate trying to order something offline. Let me know if you do order it ;]
0 likes [|reply]
30 Aug 2010, 20:51
Blitch. [+1]
I've decided that I am going to do it! There is a retailer close to me that sells them, so I won't be ordering offline. If you want the Belly Bandit brand then go here [http://www.bellybandit.com/retailers_search.aspx] and it'll show retailers close to you!

I'm planning on getting the bamboo kind because it's natural, anti-microbial, and can breathe better! :)
0 likes [|reply]
30 Aug 2010, 21:06
Lacey
I think that babies r us in lynnwood sells them too
0 likes [|reply]
30 Aug 2010, 20:25
Lacey
Karissa you will probably be back in your pre-prego pants in no time anyways lucky bitch. :)

I was askin my DR about these last time I was prego and she said that yes they work WONDERFULLY, because women think they do. Your body will naturally start shrinking after the baby is born, and you have to wear these for like 6 week immediatly after baby, so your body is already shrinking, she said it might help you remember to tighten your muscles but it wont do anything that isnt being done already.. I passed on it.. And isnt Kai gonna be a boobie baby? That will help a lot too :)
0 likes [|reply]
30 Aug 2010, 20:46
Blitch. [+1]
Yeah he is going to be. :) I need to remember to tighten my muscles... that's the biggest thing! I always slouch and stick out the belly. :P I went on the website and found some before & after and women SWEAR that it works "faster" than it did naturally with their first children. I think I'm going to invest the money and try it out... I haven't heard anything BAD about it. I found a retailer in Kirkland that sells them so I think I'm going to. :) If it doesn't work then at the very least it'll give me back support! :P
0 likes [|reply]
30 Aug 2010, 23:21
Giggle
My sister has done the belly binding after she gave birth and she said it really helped. I've heard good things about it so I'd say go for it. =]
0 likes [|reply]
30 Aug 2010, 06:41
LMP*MoMmA
I've never heard of it but this is what I found if you want to take a look. http://community.babycenter.com/post/a6301085/post-partum_belly_binding
0 likes [|reply]
30 Aug 2010, 13:47
.November.Butterfly.
a little off topic but breastfeeding helps you get back into shape, it helps your uterus contract and resume its position and burns 500 calories a day!
*looks at links* sounds interesting though
0 likes [|reply]
30 Aug 2010, 20:55
Fiat
You'll have to let us know how it works. I was going to point out the same thing as November Butterfly. Breastfeeding will shrink your uterus down faster than anything! The calorie burning is great too!
0 likes [|reply]
1 Sep 2010, 01:11
Acid Fairy
Oh wow that's cool. One thing that puts me off having children is pregnancy and getting really fat. Especially because I am prone to stretch marks. Ugh that would suck so bad. Maybe surrogacy is the answer?! Lmao I know, I'm terribly shallow, but meh! So this is cool, I'd definitely invest in one.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Sep 2010, 16:29
Mojo Jojo
I wouldn't - my stomach felt fucked up after giving birth. I couldn't bear to have any pressure on it for ages. Which is why wearing maternity jeans for WEEKS afterwards is a Good Thing :D
0 likes [|reply]
1 Sep 2010, 18:17
HorrorVixen XO
i wish i would have done the binding but i was like MOJO JOJO, i didn't want pressure on my tummy.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Sep 2010, 00:31
Tiger.10.Baby
I just had my son on Sunday and my body is about the same before pregnancy except for a small stomach. I look like I did when I was 14 weeks. I was pretty small to begin with. Breast feeding hurts let me just say that. I have to take tylenol before I can do it.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Sep 2010, 11:57
.November.Butterfly.
get support, it shouldn't be hurting you, if its hurting the latch is wrong.if anything it should only hurt a couple of seconds when baby latches on, and then be fine after that. it gets easier too.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Sep 2010, 23:35
Tiger.10.Baby
I invested in a pump and it's the best thing ever! No more frustration for us. Btw- I hate my nipples being grabbed, sucked, ect which is why breast feeding is painful for me. So the pump was a solution and best thing I bought for my son and I.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Sep 2010, 07:34
.November.Butterfly.
awesome! go pumping mama!
0 likes [|reply]
3 Sep 2010, 01:40
*Ariana*
Wow that sounds cool. I guess it couldn't hurt to give it a try!
0 likes [|reply]
3 Sep 2010, 05:55
HorrorVixen XO
newyears= don't worry girl.. the breastfeeding will get easier.. it only hurts the 1st couple of days.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Sep 2010, 01:35
HorrorVixen XO
i had a pump too.. i just wish i produced more.. i was only abke to give him the boobies for a month!
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends