Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Techie Talk
IE vs. Google Chrome vs. Firefox?
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jun 2010, 16:43
canceroustears
Internet Explorer makes me kind of nervous.
I had it to where I downloaded the new Explorer on my last laptop, and it crashed my internet.

I was wondering what is the best browser to get.
And if I get a new browser, will I be able to switch back and forth between the two? (to access my Favorited sites.)
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jun 2010, 16:52
*Forever Changing*
I use both IE and Firefox :)
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jun 2010, 16:54
lithium layouts.
I think if you download Firefox, it imports all your favourites and stuff from IE when you first download it. But I don't know if/how you can keep it constantly synchronised.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jun 2010, 17:05
Chris
Firefox and Chrome are good. Stay away from IE.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jun 2010, 22:49
Lauren.
I hate IE. I had firefox and never really got into it (although I don't have any explanation as to why..), but I LOVE Chrome.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Jun 2010, 00:13
Lovin'MyLittles
My Husband is a big, big computer techy guy. He hates IE and he isn't so fond of firefox. We use google chrome, and honestly, I love it.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Jun 2010, 01:55
Aiure
I loooove Firefox. I've used Chrome before. I found it to be too similar to Firefox to warrant a permanent switch. And I only keep Exploder around for those very, very rare times that a site I need to use doesn't support Firefox. Because Exploder is cumbersome and damn near useless.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jun 2010, 16:55
jessi bear(:
i have firefox. and when i switched over my junior year it asked me if i wanted to copy all my bookmarks, etc. from internet explorer. it probably still does that. but yes, you could switch between the two.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jun 2010, 17:27
grandlinegirl
I switched from Firefox to Chrome and I will never ever go back to firefox. It's so much better, and it imports your favourites so you don't have to switch back and forth or waste time bookmarking everything again.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jun 2010, 17:38
.Amber.
Firefox for the win!
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jun 2010, 18:08
Jessica [Private]
Internet explorer is absolutely TERRIBLE. I use it at work (because I have no other option there) and every day it re-affirms my choice to dump it.

I used Firefox for a long time, and switched to Chrome when it released. I like chrome so much better. It frees up a lot more space for me.
I still have Firefox installed, and I have a few add-ons so that it looks exactly like chrome ;D
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jun 2010, 19:22
Acid Fairy
Safari!

Firefox has always run PAINFULLY slow for me, even in different computers with different OS', and I don't like the design of Chrome. Safari is simple, streamlined and very fast. I love it.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jun 2010, 20:02
T.A.I
Yeah. Even in Windows, I kinda like Safari.

I dunno. I've used em all, and honestly, I stick with Firefox. Chrome continuously had an issue on my computer where it hung and froze when more than 3 tabs were opened, and the performance was less than acceptable.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jun 2010, 23:02
just samma;
Me too.
I have three laptops & they all have safari on them.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jun 2010, 19:32
.miss.raditude.
I use Chrome
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jun 2010, 21:30
fairytale.princess
I much prefer Chrome over FF and IE. IE is the WORST, especially the newest version.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jun 2010, 22:48
thedinosaurgoesrawr
I used to use firefox. Then I used firefox & chrome. Now I pretty much only use chrome. It took me awhile to get used to but I love it so much now.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jun 2010, 23:49
Zombie Steve
Bloop Owner
I stick to Chrome, but have to use other browsers to test compatibility. Chrome is definitely the fastest, which isn't a surprise given Google's experience in optimisation.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jun 2010, 23:54
raen
I love Google Chrome! And that's my vote.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Jun 2010, 00:01
RealLifeComics
The Fox of FI-RE
0 likes [|reply]
4 Jun 2010, 00:04
.Blue Bella.
Chrome. It also imported my favorites.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Jun 2010, 00:31
Tam I Am
I use both FF and Chrome. I like the fact that Chrome puts your most visited sites right there on the start up page so you don't have to go looking for them.. you can just click and go!
0 likes [|reply]
4 Jun 2010, 02:43
.youll.carry.me.
IE - not worth it for annnything, other than those sites that arent FF/Chrome/whatever compatible.
FF - too slow and annoying for me, hate the addons and just too busy.
Chrome - have used it since it was in Beta, once you get used to it, it's great. I used it for everything now, and would definitely recommend it!
0 likes [|reply]
5 Jun 2010, 01:30
Chris
I don't think there are too many sites that aren't FF compatible, except for like... the employees section of business websites. Like Subway. Fuck the people who designed the Subway website.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Jun 2010, 03:27
Beautiful Lies
Chrome FTW!

I love Chrome because it's so simple. None of those ridiculous add-on tool bars and stuff. Just tabs and bookmarks.

Firefox is okay. I use it for things that aren't chrome compatible.

I only keep the dreaded IE around for viewing my paycheck online at home. The damn site is only compatible with IE and Netscape. Also, who the fuck uses Netscape Navigator anyway?
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends