Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
Page:  1  2 
Let's let a baby play with a COBRA?!!?
0 likes [|reply]
29 May 2010, 16:17
queenbutterfly
I agree. The snake was in defensive mode; who knows what it could really have done. And I get so pissed off watching it peck at the child over and over again!
0 likes [|reply]
30 May 2010, 02:10
Lovin'MyLittles
I agree... why even chance it?
0 likes [|reply]
30 May 2010, 11:42
.November.Butterfly.
its been de venomed or whatever, its been circling the net for a while that one. different cultures and ideas are a bit nuts... like that one where they throw the newborns off of a roof for good luck?!!
0 likes [|reply]
30 May 2010, 11:43
.November.Butterfly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UGtC64zNkk there we go! babies from a roof! *shudder*
0 likes [|reply]
31 May 2010, 06:39
Endless Love
what about those babies necks????
0 likes [|reply]
31 May 2010, 06:37
Endless Love
thats messed up.. just truely messed up.
0 likes [|reply]
31 May 2010, 06:44
Endless Love
Not only is that reckless endangerment... it's also animal abuse... "The fangs are simply cut out very crudely with a knife and just at the fang base where they grow out of the mandibular bone," said Rom Whitaker of Draco Films. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2003/01/0121_030121_snakesavior_2.html
0 likes [|reply]
31 May 2010, 06:51
Endless Love
LAst post.. here's the article that goes with that video

A one-year-old is forced to fight a neutered cobra during a shocking snake-charming rite of passage in India.
The baby tries to protect itslef while being repeatedly hit by the animal, which has also had its mouth stitched up and its fangs removed.
This bizarre spectator sport - reportedly from Kasimkota in Andhra Pradesh - has been condemned by animal rights protesters after footage appeared on the internet.
They've warned that a cobra's fangs grow back quickly, putting the youngsters in mortal danger.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-453652/Babys-bizarre-bite-passage-cobra.html

0 likes [|reply]
3 Jun 2010, 20:01
The Mama
The worst part is, one of the commenters wrote that they do it to impress tourists.

WHAT? Seriously? If you tried showing me that to "impress" me I'd take that baby and run like hell.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jun 2010, 09:25
Sensitive Girl
That's crazy and just not right, not in France, not in the US, not in India, nor in Africa... I don't care about culture, it's a baby and a potentially dangerous/ deadly animal. What the hell are those people thinking?
And people throwing babies off the roofs... that's just as crazy! Why risk your baby's life like that, wrecklessly for "good luck"? I'm just appalled at the amount of crazy shit people do! *shudders*
Oh and about the Daily Mail... Jen, they are known for spilling a ton of crap, so I wouldn't believe everything I read in their articles. Just sayin'!
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends