Page:  1 
Got Smoke?
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2010, 02:19
KerriBlue
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2010, 02:22
KerriBlue
Hrmm well apparently not only is it a slow day at work - but my brain is lacking fuctioning ability today as well. G-ddamnit. Anyway, here's the post I wanted to share;

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/1055633/boy-throws-fits-when-refused-cigarettes

A two-year-old boy who throws a fit when refused a cigarette has provoked fresh horror over the rise in Indonesia' nicotine-addicted youth.

Ardi Rizal smoked his first cigarette when he was 18 months old.

Now the boy's father admits he is addicted.

"He cries and throws tantrums when we don't let him smoke," the father told a Sriwijaya Post reporter who visited his home at a fishing village in Indonesia's South Sumatra province.

"I'm not worried about his health &— he looks healthy."

There has been an increase in the number of smokers aged between four and nine in Indonesia over recent years.

Authorities blame aggressive advertising and parents who are smokers.

But a bill banning cigarette advertising and sponsorship has been stalled due to opposition from the tobacco industry, the Daily Mail reports.

"If cigarette advertising is not banned, there will be more kids whose lives are threatened before of smoking," a spokesman from Indonesia's Industry Ministry said.

He said the government had lowered cigarette produce, increased cigarette taxes and limited public smoking areas

and yes, I have noticed I seem to start threads about cigarettes more often than any other topic, I swear its not intentional.........maybe it is......I don't know to be honest. Like I said - it's a slow work day, I'm bored. OH and this isnt the first time I've heard of kids doing this....but it was in my headlines, I wanted to see what smokers and mommys (perhaps daddys) thought.
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2010, 02:35
lithium layouts.
Incredible... if he keeps it up he won't live past 50.
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2010, 02:42
HorrorVixen XO
so true.. this is just plain crazy.
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2010, 02:50
lithium layouts.
And -

"I'm not worried about his health &— he looks healthy." Of course he looks healthy - he's 2 years old and only been smoking for a few months. Wait until he's about 4 or 5 and can't keep up with the other kids when they run around at school because his airways are so stuffed. Of course, this child is not to blame. Parents need to take a hardline approach and not give into his tantrums. If they themselves are smokers, they need to hide the cigarettes from him.
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2010, 03:15
Makayla
And I thought my 2 year old was bad throwing tantrums for chocolate milk. ;D
0 likes [|reply]
23 May 2010, 06:43
KerriBlue
I think the "funny" part (okay none of this is really funny..but it's funny in a ridiculous way) is...just because the kid throws a tantrum, doesn't mean the parent HAS to given in? I'm pretty sure when I threw a tantrum, my mum would have been like "Ummm no..shut up" (okay she wouldn't say shut up, but she'd give me a stern NO. As for my dad....well he'd belt me accross the backside - but there's a whole issue there...the point is - kid throws a tantrum...don't encourage him by giving him a cigarette!!!
0 likes [|reply]
23 May 2010, 03:48
Lovin'MyLittles
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
god this makes me brain hurt!!! HE IS TWO?!?!?!?! what the HELL are they letting him SMOKE for?!
He'll have cancer by the ripe old age of 20 at this rate.
IDIOTS.
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2010, 04:53
Tommy Decentralized
damn, that's freaking crazy.

i wonder what the age limit is, and if the parents can be charged with a crime.
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2010, 06:48
jessi bear(:
they should be! that's child endangerment, plain and simple!
how does an 18 month old even GET a cigarette?
"oh, here little guy, want to try one?"
wtf.
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2010, 17:54
American
My son is 16 months old and my wife smokes. He sees her doing it (and she only does it outside) and picks up on it. I've caught him multiple times picking up a pack of cigarettes and taking one out because my wife left them where he can get them.

Believe me, she gets a handful of earfuls every time this happens. And since I'm the one that makes the money, I've stopped giving it to her for this reason. I do not want my son picking one up.

But, they pick up the action from their parents. And kids are curious and intelligent. They know how to open a box.
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2010, 18:01
jessi bear(:
but to light the cigarette and actually smoke it?
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2010, 20:54
American
No, he's never done that. The childproof on most lighters would prevent him even if he knew the concept behind lighting one. That particular part would be the parent's fault. Well, all of it, really..but, yeah.
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2010, 07:13
.love.struck.
That's disgusting. I know a lot of countries think the U.S. is crazy for our banning of smoking where ever. Some also think were crazy thinking it causes health risk. But whatever, it does and they can be blind to that if they want. I think smoking is a gross habit to have. It's not like alcohol. At least with alcohol you can watch a person hurt their liver, but we don't get affected by it. Smoking does affect us because we have to be forced to breathe it in. I don't think that is fair. I should get a choice.
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2010, 07:16
lithium layouts.
Unless your the sober driver in an alcohol-caused car-accident.
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2010, 07:16
lithium layouts.
*you're

Oh my. xD
0 likes [|reply]
23 May 2010, 03:17
DivaAshley
Wow... I don't even know what to SAY to that. I guess we're just more educated as to the effects of cigarette smoke. I won't even let my 4 year old AROUND cigarette smoke... much less anywhere near a cigarette of her own.

My husband started smoking when he was 10 or 11. He's 26 and he JUST quit. I'm worried about the effects of so many years of smoking, and the health problems he'll have down the line.
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2010, 17:56
& skull.
and how the fuck did a child that age get anywhere near a cigarette in the first place? someone would have had to light it up for him.
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2010, 20:09
Finally Mrs. Bailey
"...when we don't let him smoke".

This wasn't an accident. This is blind stupidity.
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2010, 03:44
wugs
Maybe I'm off about the thought processes of young children, but how would an 18 month old know what to do? I mean...if I gave the nearest 18 month old a lit cigarette I'd be more concerned with burns than cancer because the kid wouldn't know what to do. Unless some twisted person is showing the kid how...?
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2010, 03:47
jessi bear(:
exactly. i babysit a fifteen month old and he would probably 1) try to put it in his mouth or 2) throw it. he would NOT know how to inhale the smoke. someone did this intentionally.
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2010, 07:16
.miss.raditude.
This world is fucked up anyway...let him go for it...lmao.
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2010, 10:40
.Blue Bella.
This is just sad :(
I don't even allow smoking around my child. This is just wrong.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends