Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
Page:  1 
Make up advice needed!
0 likes [|reply]
21 May 2010, 13:45
~RedFraggle~
I have very pale skin and for a long time I have used Benefit Foundation (the Playsticks one) in their lightest shade, 'Jax', as it is the only foundation I've been able to find which is pale enough for me (I also prefer foundation which is applied as a stick, rather than liquid which I generally make a mess of!). But Benefit have just discontinued the shade and I can't get it anywhere.

So is there any pale skinned girls out there who can suggest any other brands which do a very pale foundation (preferably in a stick or a cream rather than liquid)? And ideally a brand which is sold in the UK too? (Although I am off to America next week, so could stock up on any other brands while there!)
0 likes [|reply]
21 May 2010, 16:03
*~Loving You~*
hmm - i have no idea but i know bare minerals is the perfect makeup there is... no doubt in mind. but i dont use thier eye linar cuz they dont use the stick thingie... and thier foundations are powder you dont feel it, and i hate make up because i would feek gross and dirty on my face but this one was the ONLI one that i dont feel that way with. and you can still get a tan with it on, safe to sleep in.

i dont know if they sell it in UK
0 likes [|reply]
21 May 2010, 16:54
Lovin'MyLittles
Have you looked on amazon? Amazon usually has things that have been d/c'd - my favorite perfume from Bath & Body works was d/c'd about 4 years ago and it is STILL on there for sale. :)
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2010, 04:14
Jessica [Private]
I use covergirl TruBlend in Ivory. It's the lightest shade they make (Ivory, #405)
I think it runs about $6 or so for a 30ml/1oz bottle.

It is a liquid though. But I never have a problem with it. It's in a pump so I just put a pump on the top of my one hand, and then use the other to apply it ;D
And its nice cuz when I use it all up I just blend the rest into my hand, rofl.
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2010, 05:03
xorebecca
I use Perscriptives. But it's mineral foundation. Which is really good for your screen. I now only get like 1 pimple when my period is do. Other than that I have no breakouts. I also sometimes use Bare Minerals. Same thing. But I like Perscriptives better because it gives you a glow.
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2010, 05:05
xorebecca
I don't know why in hell I wrote "SCREEN" I meant skin haha I'm really tired, so I apologize.
0 likes [|reply]
21 May 2010, 14:02
Finally Mrs. Bailey
I really like CoverGirl. They make liquid and a pressed cream foundation, and I've found that Ivory was a great color when I had pale skin. I believe it's their lightest. I use natural now which is a step up, but I still use an ivory cover stick from time to time. I get pretty pale in the winter, so natural is just dark enough to still blend with my neck, and even offer me a little color. I know CG is a little cheaper, but it's right in my price range. Don't know if it's sold in the UK too. Hope this helps, and hope you find the perfect shade!
0 likes [|reply]
21 May 2010, 14:57
~RedFraggle~
I think that one would have to be one I buy when I'm in America. I've never seen it sold over here. And cheaper is fine, it's just I could never find a cheaper one which was the right colour before (well there was one, by a British make called Liz Colligne but it got discontinued too, a few years ago which was when I discovered Benefit Playsticks!).
0 likes [|reply]
21 May 2010, 14:59
Finally Mrs. Bailey
Urgh I hate things that get discontinued! Good luck on your search!!
0 likes [|reply]
21 May 2010, 16:17
Madeline Rain
What about Bare Minerals in Light? It's a powder, and it's the lightest foundation there is, but at the same time it gives you really good coverage. When you're in the U.S. stop by Sephora and have them do a test on you. Those people are awesome and know exactly what they're doing!
0 likes [|reply]
21 May 2010, 15:23
Transit
Mac, they do very very pale shades, they even do a shade that is almost crisp white. Studio tech has the widest variety of shades they are all available in a powder to go over the foundation as well, I'll get the site for you (loads of places in the UK sell Mac).
http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/spp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CAT21853&PRODUCT_ID=PROD66125
0 likes [|reply]
21 May 2010, 20:10
~RedFraggle~
Yes, Harvey Nichols in Edinburgh sell Mac. But I'm not driving all the way down there to buy some make up. I went to Boots and bought some Maybelline foundation at someone else's suggestion, and I've ordered some Mac foundation from Amazon (if it's not right, I'll buy some more in America). Hopefully it arrives before I go on holiday!
0 likes [|reply]
21 May 2010, 22:26
The Ryan
Nicola Roberts from Girls Aloud is always banging on about her pale skin range, yo!!!
And now I've just given away the fact that a.) I read a make-up thread. and b.) I have some make-up knowledge!! hahaha
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2010, 00:15
~RedFraggle~
Haha, yes, I already tried that. It's sold on asos.com but they don't seem to have any foundation in stock. I'm intrigued by the fact that you knew about it though!
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2010, 08:15
The Ryan
She did an episode on it!
Imagine. Late night. On my own. "OOOOO A PROGRAM ABOUT GIRLS ALOUD!! ... WAIT. It's the irritating one." *switch over* but not after a 5 minute watch to confirm that yes, this woman is tolerable to look upon. But woah. She is just an annoying scouse. ;D
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2010, 00:39
RealLifeComics
Although I have nothing useful to contribute. I would like to add. That Pale girls.. ARE THE BOMB!

Thank you.
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2010, 01:56
- cynthia -
my suggestions are...
bare minerals
MAC
Clinique
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2010, 05:06
xorebecca
use Perscriptives. But it's mineral foundation. Which is really good for your skin. I now only get like 1 pimple when my period is do. Other than that I have no breakouts. I also sometimes use Bare Minerals. Same thing. But I like Perscriptives better because it gives you a glow.

0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2010, 07:53
thedinosaurgoesrawr
I've really liked the LORAC brand. I have only used the liquid foundation though. However it's probably the best match I've found for my pale skin. It also doesn't feel super heavy like some do. I don't really break out when using it even when I'm an idiot & I fall asleep with all my make up on.
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2010, 09:25
.Blue Bella.
I use a mineral make up in powder form. BEST thing I've every used.
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2010, 23:01
crazybeautiful;
bare minerals is amazing! i love it!
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2010, 23:29
Beautiful Lies
I think you should go for Bare Minerals! I'm pretty sure they've got UK locations that sell their products too!

For $60 (American) I got the 'get started' kit for Light Complexions (although I think it was a Sephora store Exclusive). It came with 3 brushes, 2 shades of foundation ("fair" and "fairly light"), all over face color in 'warmth' (for a glowing sun-kissed look), Mineral Veil (finishing powder stuff) and an instructional DVD. It also came with a small sample bottle of "PRIME TIME" which is the foundation face primer.

It seems kind of pricey but the make up lasts a LONG time because you don't need to use a whole lot. It's absolutely worth the money. If you can find a Sephora (or use the internets) I would recommend getting some!
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2010, 23:41
.love.struck.
I have to agree with the people who mentioned cover girl makeup. My friend uses it because she is pale too. She said it's one of the few companies to match her skin tone. You can try some more pricey brands too if you want to spend a little more. Try sephorea you can get lucky for a decent price. I'd ask the sales people since they know about their merchanise better.
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2010, 23:45
.love.struck.
I forgot to mention the classified brand. It's in a can and it looks like it's air brushed. It is pricey but I love that stuff. It is very light and feels like nothing on your face. Search classified cosmetic.
0 likes [|reply]
23 May 2010, 05:16
Ashalicious
I didn't like Bare Minerals, but I've heard good things about Everyday Minerals, you can order it online and you can even order a small sample pack to try it first and see if you like it. It's mineral make-up though. There is a great site: http://www.makeupalley.com they do reviews on all kinds of make-up and you can see what foundation brands people recommend. I use Physician's Formula mineral make-up and I love it, I don't know if it's sold outside the US though.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends