Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Books
Page:  1 
Dead in the Family
0 likes [|reply]
7 May 2010, 00:54
*~Loving You~*
This WILL be a spoiler - if you dont want to read any spoilers best if you close this one.

I am in need of a discussion of the 10th book of the Sookie Stackhouse series!

I finished it in less than 24 hours if it was up to me, i wouldnt have put it down because i had to get up and go to bed.

I was so glad that Bill wasnt really in the book, he was dying, but it makes me wonder if him and that vampire lady (I wanna say julith - sp) would start something again, such as perhaps he would forget about Sookie, and that bond between Eric and Sookie is getting stronger. i was kinda wondering what happened to the sex scenes like Harris wrote on the last one! with more details!

what did you think about the whole kid vampire? that was pretty creepy - i am glad he was gone.

i hope i would hear more about her cousin in the next book, and alot more of eric and sookie! ;-) maybe a get away vaction for them? :-)

What do you think of this book?

would you recomend me reading the teagarden series? i was thinking about it!
0 likes [|reply]
8 May 2010, 02:51
addicted.to.music
well not to fear, I read that during ComicCon 2009 Charlaine Harris has signed up for 3 more books! I am sure she is going to add a lot more. I was extremely happy that Appius Livius Ocella died, but I was relieved and happy for poor Alexei Romanov. Appius should have never turned him unless he could have at least turned Maria Romanov. Maybe if Maria had also been sired things wouldn't have gotten so terrible for poor Alexei. Though I did find it a good "story" on how Alexei's bones were found and SOME of them were there for DNA testing when Alexei was actually a Vampire. I felt so bad for Eric! He had Victor Madden on his list of problems and then his maker comes! OH MY FAVORITE QUOTE FROM PAM!!!!

"F**k a Zombie" - Pam HOLY SH*T I LOVE THAT FEMALE VAMP!
0 likes [|reply]
8 May 2010, 07:12
*~Loving You~*
I kept giggling at pam for it! :-) and the "your my favorite breather" it just the way she says it!1
0 likes [|reply]
8 May 2010, 16:06
addicted.to.music
I love Zombie movies so saying "F*ck a Zombie" made me laugh. How would anyone be able to do that without getting bitten and having an arm torn off for food?
0 likes [|reply]
8 May 2010, 03:06
trip
Dead in the Family Critique (NO SPOILERS) :

Let me start by saying that I felt the last two books (before Dead in the Family) started to get somewhat sloppy. I enjoyed them still even though it seemed somewhat random at times. I anxiously awaited Dead in the Family as the Fae War was over and we knew that the end of the last book hinted that huge drama was in store for Sookies love life. To say the least without giving anything away, I found that I was disapointed. Now, not overly dispointed, but it was kind of like expecting a huge end piece of cake with gobs of buttercream icing with a glass of milk only to get a middle piece of cake with a buttercream rose on it, and a glass of punch. (Anyone who loves sweets should get my drift here)

Dead in the Family somewhat drags on and off again throughout, but I feel that it is meant to be a more somber reading. Sookie fans will find that Charlaine Harris has the ability to weave her words intricately enough that they will find their beloved heroine noticably changed. While die-hard readers will be glad to get their fill I think they will notice that there is a noticable gap at the beginning of the latest Sookie installment...many fans will not be disapointed by the changes in Sookie's personal life, but they may be disapointed that the change was not more elaborated. Overall, for any fan of course its worth reading, but if you are expecting full force Sookie and Friends, expect to have to wait till next year (i think that is when the next book comes out).

There are many plots brewing in Dead in the Family. The book does give lead to the next book having a huge multi plot that is (im sure) going to be explosive and perhaps even very tragic. I am awaiting the next book in the series now with anticipation and dread, as I am quite sure it will be bittersweet.

end critique

That was my opinion, but to discuss about some of the book, I thought that the vamp Alexei was hilarious and creepy, it made my night. I was wondering if Bill was going to get killed off, but now we have a possible love interest for Bill. I do think that we may be losing our Sookie tough, as there have been hints throughout the books that Sookie will not become a vamp, and now with this latest one she has a marked change in her emotional state that seems to come around, but not full circle, and our Sookie comments on her aging process in the book. It would seem that untimately we will lose her in an epic vampire battle in which she saves the world from doom. I love Pam also, of course *wink*
0 likes [|reply]
8 May 2010, 16:05
addicted.to.music
I really did love Alexei! I think it's because I have a morbid fascination for tragic history when it deals with deaths etc. I really liked how she had sookie look into his suffering which did cause his psychosis. Yeah he was creepy, yet look at what he had just went through? Anyone human or vamp would have gone completely lost their marbles if they were the only ones to survive a family execution like that!

I dunno with the whole sookie's life ending thing. You may be right but I am pulling in another direction. Sookie HAS thought of it, and in an interview Harris has stated that she will NOT turn sookie into a vamp. then again she may change her mind. who knows? only time will tell! I could not stop laughing at the "what about your ass aunt sookie?" comment from hunter and how Pam was a scarcastic bitch to Sookie when Sookie tried to help her after Alexei went all psycho on Eric, Pam, Bobby Burnham, and Felicia. I was saddenned to see that Felicia had died, but I was glad Bobby was dead. Never cared for him. Though I was holding my breath wondering if Pam and Eric were ok.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends