Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
Page:  1  2 
Strep throat questions
0 likes [|reply]
29 Mar 2010, 12:05
~RedFraggle~
You need to see a doctor. It could be viral or bacterial (strep). Only a doctor can examine you and say which it is likely to be.

If it's viral it requires no treatment. If it's bacterial you need antibiotics. Untreated strep throat can cause serious kidney problems and other nasty complications. You NEED to see a doctor.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Mar 2010, 20:59
jessi bear(:
when i had mono, dr. cunnington was trying to see what was wrong with me and one of the possibilities that he listed was strep throat attacking my kidneys. if you have strep and don't get it treated it can have very serious consequences. i'd go see a doctor as soon as you can.
0 likes [|reply]
31 Mar 2010, 21:03
.youll.carry.me.
You really need to go to the dr!! I know that's totally not what you wanted to know, buuut, we were at the ER early last week because we thought my other half had the flu...they sent us home. We ended up going back yesterday and he has strep. We never really would have known, minus the fact that he's not feeling well and having a ton of GI problems...which they are blaming on the strep bacteria releasing toxins into his body...and warned him about the kidney stuff as well! good luck and hope you feel better!
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends