[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1 
'The Lost Boys' star Corey Haim dead at 38; poli
0 likes [|reply]
12 Mar 2010, 10:19
True
Photobucket

Eighties teen idol Corey Haim, who battled drug addiction for years but recently returned to films, died Wednesday of an apparent accidental overdose.

Haim, 38, collapsed in his mother's Burbank apartment just before 1 a.m.

"Corey was running a fever (Tuesday) from about 99 to 101 degrees, so a doctor came over and said he was fine," Haim's agent, Mark Heaslip, told the Daily News. "That night he woke his mom up and said 'Lie next to me, I'm having trouble breathing.'"

Shortly after midnight, the concerned mom woke and saw Corey walking around in the bedroom. "That's when he collapsed," Heaslip said.

Mom Judy Haim called 911 at 12:53 a.m. The "Lost Boys" star was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital at 2:15 a.m.

"She is very, very upset. They were extremely close," Heaslip said, adding that Haim was helping her battle breast cancer.

"He supported her all the way through the chemo and radiation. He surprised her with a really nice wig. He really took good care of her," the agent said.

"He was a good boy," the grieving mom told RadarOnline. "I'm devastated by his death."

Investigators suspect an accidental drug overdose, but the official cause is pending a toxicology exam, a coroner spokesman said.

"We found four of his prescriptions with meds in them. No illicit drugs were located," the spokesman said.

The Canadian-born actor was the breakout star of the 1986 movie "Lucas" but was known more recently for the A&E reality show "The Two Coreys" about his friendship with fellow former teen idol Corey Feldman.

The show was cancelled during its second season. Feldman reportedly refused to continue working with Haim until he sought help for his drug problem.

"This is a tragic loss of a wonderful, beautiful, tormented soul, who will always be my brother, family, and best friend," Feldman wrote on his blog.

In a 2007 interview with Britain's The Sun newspaper, Haim talked about his demons.

"I started on the downers, which were a hell of a lot better than the uppers because I was a nervous wreck. But one led to two, two led to four, four led to eight, until at the end it was about 85 a day - the doctors could not believe I was taking that much," he said.

TMZ.com reported that casting agents for VH1's "Celebrity Rehab" contacted Haim in recent weeks, but he turned them down.

"He was extremely defensive and insulted," sources connected to the show said

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/03/10/2010-03-10_actor_corey_haim_dead_at_38_overdose_suspected_reports.html#ixzz0hxLAdEne
0 likes [|reply]
12 Mar 2010, 11:11
Music God CJ Plain
I don't find this that shocking. It was sad that he had the world and refused to get the necessary help to beat his addiction.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Mar 2010, 15:43
HorrorVixen XO
very true. he'd been to rehab over 15 times... guess he never wanted a sober life.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Mar 2010, 16:19
Music God CJ Plain
I think some people are just ill eqipped to deal with the sober life. It's like their mind and/or their spirit is too weak. It's sad actually. So much amazing talent just wasted while the rest of us labor away in obscurity and would give anything for even an OUNCE of the same success.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Mar 2010, 17:05
HorrorVixen XO
i totally agree with u.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Mar 2010, 07:22
jessi bear(:
the autopsy report showed that he had an enlarged heart and that his lungs were full of water.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Mar 2010, 14:17
HorrorVixen XO
perscription meds can cause an enlarged heart. my aunt had back surgery and was perscribed all types of pain killers... now she has an enlarged heart due to the mass amounts of pain killers she took.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Mar 2010, 19:30
jessi bear(:
i was wondering what could have caused that. thanks.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Mar 2010, 20:13
HorrorVixen XO
no problem. =)
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends