Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Homework Help
Page:  1 
College stuff...
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jan 2010, 06:04
Paris
I finally managed to apply to college...yikes...and one of the colleges I applied to want me to write about a radio personality i admire and why.
Sounds easy enough but I want someone who is interesting and has pushed the limits and is less likely to be used by other students anyone got any ideas?
Any favorite radio hosts?
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jan 2010, 08:04
Winged Centaur
It's asking for a radio personality YOU admire. Our answers aren't applicable.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jan 2010, 16:27
xanderthebuttmonkey
thats an oddly specific question, I don't listen to the radio so I wouldn't have an answer for that.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jan 2010, 18:05
Acid Fairy
That's a weird question. What course have you applied for?
I don't listen to the radio much but I do like Chris Moyles. Alas, he is British.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jan 2010, 19:00
Chris
I agree with Winged Centaur. Kind of cheating, isn't it?
0 likes [|reply]
6 Feb 2010, 11:10
*~Loving You~*
Lol I'm glad I'm done with all the college stuff!

They want ur favorite radio person and why u like this person so much it is easy as it sounds what type of music do u listen to? Personally mine is kiss - that's in seattle and its alterntive rock (the beat for me) I have NO idea wat the host says I change it to the different 1 lol
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jan 2010, 19:24
Estella
I'm pretty sure that anyone I mention, you won't have heard of. Do you not listen to the radio yourself, yo? Still, I'll suggest someone if you click my eggz! ;D

Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today!
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jan 2010, 20:53
Paris
I don't want to use a radio host I listen to because i'm afraid their too common and will be picked among the other students. I'd rather hear of another radio host & do the research on them myself. I can't quit pick someone I admire if I don't have any admirations now can I and if i'm doing the research on the host it isn't cheating.

Estella i'll click your eggz if you give me a name ;)
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jan 2010, 21:47
Estella
Well, okay then. Elaine Paige. Go research her, yo! Listen to her radio 2 show online. Go find her on youtube. And on Wikipedia.

Although, I imagine the college admissions people care less about your choice and more about how you choose to write about your choice. I mean, someone could choose a really common radio host and write about them in a really original and striking way. Or someone could choose a relatively unknown and interesting host but write about them in a boring, conventional way. It's the writing style and angle you take that the admissions folk will be looking for, not who you choose.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jan 2010, 22:06
Aubrey;
That is exactly what I was thinking, but I couldn't think of how to word it.
Yes, listen to Estella!
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jan 2010, 21:12
Aubrey;
But wouldn't you basically be lying if you DIDN'T choose the one you actually admired?
Don't worry about how it will look if other people are doing it -- be honest. They want to know about YOU.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jan 2010, 22:15
neverpretty
in defense of paris, i think he/she's just trying to open up to more radio hosts. it's like being asked to write about a good book, asking people for recommendation for a good book, reading several and then writing about one that you like. there's nothing wrong with that.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jan 2010, 22:39
all.is.vanity
Steve Lamacq, all the way!
0 likes [|reply]
31 Jan 2010, 02:37
Paris
thank you all for your suggestions!

Estella, that makes sence...thanks for the tip. So now if i can find an interesting radio host and write about them in a creative way i'll deffinately rock the writing assesment.
neverpretty, that is exactly what i am trying to do! i figured since i don't have anyone i actually admire i'd do a little research & find someone to admire.
0 likes [|reply]
31 Jan 2010, 11:55
Transit
Remember to use a spell check and get someone else to read it, that way a really stupid mistake can be spotted easily, we all make them and it isn't something you want admissions to see.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Feb 2010, 14:22
kein mitleid
You should write about Don Imus because he stands up for your white power beliefs, and you wish that all the colored folks would go back to their respective countries and let America return to the great white nation.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Feb 2010, 14:59
i blame mac
Does she really?
0 likes [|reply]
3 Feb 2010, 00:54
Azkabound
...what a RIDICULOUS prompt. I don't listen to the radio, so really, the only personalities I could think of were Bob and Tom and Howard Stern, spelling be damned. I think it's mostly about how creatively you convey your point across. Heck, I'd tell why I don't have a favorite one in mind but some of the music that has inspired me in the past. As said, it's all about getting to know you and how you can work your way around a question, even if your answer isn't what you'd consider 'right'.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Feb 2010, 12:37
& skull.
kyle sandilands would be a good one lol.

i never listen to radio. i'd hate to get that question.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends