[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1 
J.D. Salinger dies.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jan 2010, 19:30
Chris
Source

I absolutely hated Catcher in the Rye, however, it always sucks to lose any influential author.

He was 91.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jan 2010, 19:33
Chris
Also, for good measure: A quote from Catcher in the Rye...

"Boy, when you're dead, they really fix you up. I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody."
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jan 2010, 20:37
Alex's Momma
never read it...weird how i went through all those years of school without reading it. but at least he was old and not like 40ish or something, you know?! i wonder if that quote was put there on purpose by him...to subliminally let people know what kind of funeral he wanted. hmmm....things to ponder that we'll never know the answer to i suppose.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jan 2010, 20:37
Alex's Momma
never read it...weird how i went through all those years of school without reading it. but at least he was old and not like 40ish or something, you know?! i wonder if that quote was put there on purpose by him...to subliminally let people know what kind of funeral he wanted. hmmm....things to ponder that we'll never know the answer to i suppose.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jan 2010, 20:38
Alex's Momma
yeah, NO idea why it posted twice. eh. lol.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jan 2010, 00:09
immortalized artiste
one of my favourite books. ever.
so sad about his death
my friend and i have vowed that every year on jan. 27 we will read one chapter of catcher :)
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jan 2010, 11:31
Immortal Shadows
I've never read it either, but I've been wanting to for a while, lol.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jan 2010, 13:06
Acid Fairy
Haha I always remember when Arthur Miller died and I was kind of happy (which sounds terrible I know!). But The Crucible and Death of a Salesman haunted me for years.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Feb 2010, 04:36
i blame mac
Aww that sucks big time.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends