Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1 
Islamist gangs use internet to track and kill Ir
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2010, 02:08
-kay
Iraqi militias use gay chatrooms to find victims to kill.

“It is the easiest way to find those people who are destroying Islam and who want to dirty the reputation we took centuries to build up,” says Abu Hamizi, 22, who spends at least six hours a day trolling gay chatrooms for victims to kill.

Homosexuality was not criminalised under Saddam Hussein – indeed Iraq in the 1960s and 1970s was known for its relatively liberated gay scene. Violence against gays started in the aftermath of the invasion in 2003. Since 2004, according to Ali Hali, chairman of the Iraqi LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender) group, a London-based human-rights group, a total of 680 have died in Iraq, with at least 70 of those in the past five months. The group believes the figures may be higher, as most cases involving married men are not reported. Seven victims were women. According to Hali, Iraq has become "the worst place for homosexuals on Earth".

My heart is just broken.

Whole story and photo (which I thought was too graphic to post) here
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2010, 03:04
Acid Fairy
Good god religion is fucked. Why can't they just get it into their thick, moronic skulls that gay people ARE NORMAL! RARGHHHHH it drives me INSANE.

There's a soap over here; Eastenders, and this Muslim guy in it has just got married even though he's gay because his mother practically forced him into it, because in their culture/religion it's not 'normal'. I think it's good that the show is bringing this to light.

This is as bad as Uganda wanting to kill people who have gay sex if it's with an underage person or they have HIV (even if they use a condom).
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2010, 21:38
~RedFraggle~
Oh, come on, you can't use THIS as a reason to say "religion is fucked up". This isn't about religion, it's about extremists looking for an excuse to spread evil. I'm sure the vast majority of Muslims (and people of other religions) don't go around murdering people for being gay. *sigh*
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2010, 22:41
Acid Fairy
How many religions accept homosexuality as a normal state?
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2010, 22:49
~RedFraggle~
You say it as if all Christians, or all Muslims, etc etc, think the same thing. There are Christians who are not against homosexual marriage for example.

And even those Christians and Muslims who don't believe homosexuality is right, the vast majority would still condemn those who murder someone for being gay. There is a HUGE difference between not personally believing something is right, and using it as an excuse for murder.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2010, 23:06
Acid Fairy
But the religion teaches it is unnatural. If people think that part of the religion is bull, then good for them! But why do religions teach it, when they are meant to be full of tolerance?
Obviously these extremists are full on nutjobs, and of course 99.9% of religious people aren't as retarded as they are, but the anti-homosexuality really pisses me off about religion. I just really think it is something that needs to be addressed. I don't think religion should touch on sexual orientation at all, then everyone would be happy.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2010, 23:14
~RedFraggle~
No, PEOPLE from the religion teach that it is unnatural. PEOPLE interptet what it written in the Bible and teach it to others. There are passages in the bible which say that sex should be between man and wife and there are passages in the bible that say a man should not lie with a man. My bible knowledge isn't good enough to give direct quotes, but that is where it comes from.

You can't say religion shouldn't touch on sexual orientation, because people are just interpreting something which was written in the bible a long, long time ago. It's already been touched upon (excuse the pun). You can't take back something which has already been written, nor can you expect people who follow a religion just to ignore that which is written in their holy book (although, for the record, I am Christian and not against homosexual marriage).

And regardless of any of that, you can't use an example of murderous extremists as a reason why religion is 'fucked up'. That's generalisation of the worst kind.
0 likes [|reply]
21 Jan 2010, 15:55
DivaAshley
Leviticus 20:13 (New International Version)
If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
0 likes [|reply]
21 Jan 2010, 15:57
DivaAshley
Let me just say, I am not against Gay Marriage. Everyone should be able to make their own choices, and whatever they may be, they are loved by God just the same. I AM a Christian, but I have many friends that are Gay, and I don't think that God could love them ANY less because of it.
That being said, this IS the scripture in which you referenced.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2010, 23:26
Giggle
Thank you for saying exactly what I came here to say. =]
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2010, 22:49
♥ jes
You seem close minded to me.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2010, 23:00
-kay
I do?
Why am I closed-minded?
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2010, 23:15
~RedFraggle~
I assume she meant Acid Fairy...
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2010, 23:22
-kay
I thought so, as well, but I received the message directly, so I was slightly confused.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2010, 23:06
Acid Fairy
Close minded? What?!
0 likes [|reply]
19 Jan 2010, 20:47
Chris
There wouldn't be this confusion if you learned how to reply to posts properly.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Jan 2010, 22:10
♥ jes
I refreshed plenty of times before I posted it. It had told me there were no more posts.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Jan 2010, 22:15
Mary Magdelene
When responding to a specific posting inside of a thread, instead of clicking on "Post to Thread" (which is what you were doing) click on "Post Reply" that is in the bottom right corner of the specific posting you are replying to.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Jan 2010, 22:19
♥ jes
That's more than likely what I MEANT to do. /shrugs. My bad.
0 likes [|reply]
20 Jan 2010, 02:52
-kay
Oh no worries!
I was just really confused. Haha.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends