Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1  2 
Brittany Murphy died at age 32
0 likes [|reply]
21 Dec 2009, 11:59
True
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2512557/brittany_murphy_dead_drugs_among_rumored.html

"Another odd development is the refusal of husband Simon Monjack to allow an autopsy, according to TMZ. This has only furthered drug rumors, and that Monjack is trying to cover up what happened. Rumors of drug use and anorexia are also spreading, as The Wrap alleges that she was "barely there" on the sets of her last films.

The LA County Coroner's office has overruled Monjack and will perform an autopsy, since it is standard procedure. It should be a long wait before their official results, if their Michael Jackson autopsy was any indication. Like with Jackson, drug rumors - prescription or otherwise - will persist until an official cause of death is released.

With Brittany Murphy dead, the tabloids have already taken the lead with drug stories and other dirt about her last weeks. In fact, TMZ was the first source to report Murphy's cardiac arrest and death. Not to be outdone, Perez Hilton posted on Twitter that Lindsey Lohan and Courtney Love must "get it together" before they end up like Murphy - and also said that "God will punish" Monjack."

0 likes [|reply]
21 Dec 2009, 20:19
Chris
Everyone's always going to look for something crappy to blame a death on. Everyone's already reporting that she died of natural causes, no foul play or drugs involved.
0 likes [|reply]
21 Dec 2009, 20:47
~Just the 3 of Us~
Her husband may be trying to protect her reputation from something like anorexia. I'm sure she wouldn't want to be the next Karen Carpenter. :(
0 likes [|reply]
21 Dec 2009, 21:28
Let It Be
Ah, she was so young. So sad. The 2009 celebrity death list just keeps growing and growing. RIP.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Dec 2009, 14:13
~RedFraggle~
The Daily Mail newspaper (not the most reliable source I know) here is already claiming that a whole lot of different drugs were found in her bathroom after she collapsed. They include:

Topamax (anti-migraine medicine)
Methylprednisolone (steroid)
Carbamazepine (anti-epileptic, also used for bipolar disorder occassionally)
Lorazepam (sedative)
Vicoprofen (strong morphine-like painkiller hydrocodone combined with ibuprofen)
Hydrocodone (see above)
Propranolol (beta blocker, used to treat high blood pressure and also used in anxiety and overactive thyroid disorders)
Clarythromycin (antibiotic)

Of course the fact she had all of these in her bathroom doesn't mean she actually took them all when she collapsed. Others are reporting that she had laryngitis, and inflamed throat usually due to a viral infection which is usually harmless.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Dec 2009, 16:02
Madeline Rain
Yeah, I was going to say, I probably have a lot of the same stuff in my medicine cabinet that has been prescribed at several points in my life. American doctors will prescribe you Xanax and Vicodin to get an IUD in! And of course I have steroids from some eye issues I had earlier this year. So yeah, the fact that she had them doesn't mean she took them all at the same time.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends