Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
OCD? Tics?? Please Help Me, I don't know what el
0 likes [|reply]
25 Nov 2009, 09:45
Talk Nerdy 2 Me
You are a troll, and I am not ammused, however I will tell you what I am going to do. I am going to steal your crown & then I am going to steal your shoe, & once I've placed your crown on the top of my head, I am going to take a royal dump in your shoe.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Nov 2009, 18:19
~RedFraggle~
Gosh, this has to go down as one of the best troll quotes on Bloop ever. Lol.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Nov 2009, 18:27
Talk Nerdy 2 Me
Thank you! :)
0 likes [|reply]
25 Nov 2009, 09:50
.love.struck.
You created a forum asking people for advice and you refuse to listen to anyone. Well, people are suggesting ideas and your shooting them down. I'm not trying to be rude, but why ask for advice and then say no. We are not doctors, but we can give you advice in case we had experience from friends, family, or ourselves to help you out. Don't shoot down every single advice or idea we give you. At this point it's just a way for you to get attention. I don't see it as you asking for advice or help.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Nov 2009, 09:52
Talk Nerdy 2 Me
I've accepted plenty of help that has been thrown out here, go back and read the posts. I have even thanked those who have offered their help & advice/opinions.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Nov 2009, 09:58
Talk Nerdy 2 Me
love struck, I have not shot anyone down who has stated a valid opinion/shared a valid point.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Nov 2009, 10:03
.love.struck.
What is valid? If you base valid on what you think is valid, that isn't a valid point. That is what you, your opinion of what valid is.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Nov 2009, 10:06
Talk Nerdy 2 Me
oh, sorry. "Valid" was not the right word, "relevant" however is a fair replacement.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Nov 2009, 18:20
~RedFraggle~
To be fair, you shot me down. :P
0 likes [|reply]
25 Nov 2009, 09:58
Talk Nerdy 2 Me
If I wanted attention, I would demand it. I am not doing that.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Nov 2009, 18:17
~RedFraggle~
I agree with everything you've said apart from the e-mail part. A diagnosis cannot be made by e-mail. She needs to SEE a doctor.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Nov 2009, 07:41
Mishy
The fact that it happens more often when you're feeling overwhelmed or anxious is, yes, why you're having a difficult time dealing/managing it. However, the fact that you're overwhelmed and feeling anxious in the first place is probably why you're having the behaviors happen. Obsessive compulsions are coping mechanisms for thoughts, fears, trauma, etc. The only way to resolve the behavior is to resolve the underlying problems that are creating these behaviors manifest in the first place. On that note, you should see a behavioral psychologist, or a psychologist/psychiatrist. If you don't know of one, you could see your regular doctor and ask to be referred.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Nov 2009, 08:27
Talk Nerdy 2 Me
What you have shared here has helped me, thank you for that. I was not aware that tics were a coping mechanism though I do understand why I may be having them now. I can't really pinpoint the problem yet but regardless, you have been very helpful to me here. Thank you Mishy.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Nov 2009, 08:52
Mishy
Oh, not at all. I'm glad I shed some light on it for you. : )
When it comes to psychological issues like this, you really shouldn't feel ashamed or fearful of seeking help from a professional. As I said, everybody needs a little help sometimes, and there is no shame in that. [& I really can't stress enough that visiting a psychologist/therapist/psychiatrist does not make you crazy, or appear crazy. You are actively seeking to better your life, and sort through clearly emotional issues to be the best mother and wife you can be. That is something you should not be scared of, or concerned about. However, having these behaviors seen by your children as "normal" & have them pick them up, or have people see you do these behaviors as they are, or as they become worse, and make them question your sanity might be something you could be concerned about. (more the former than the latter) It should be more important to be healthy, physically and mentally, for your children, than fear that someone might think you're crazy for seeking help with a problem.]
0 likes [|reply]
25 Nov 2009, 09:22
.love.struck.
You sound anxious. Why not try going to see a psychologist if you don't want to go see a doctor. Sometimes saying things out loud helps. If your family or husband cannot support you then what good are they. They of all people should be the most understanding, especially your husband. I think you should talk to him. I'm sure if you told him how you were feeling, he would want to help you or help you get help.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Nov 2009, 09:32
Talk Nerdy 2 Me
Sometimes, people don't always see a person who is getting help outside the home as being a good thing. I'm usually such a trooper, I just suck it up & take it in and don't bitch about my suffering. I brush it off & move on. I have tried to do the same with this. Really, I have. Admitting that I can't deal with it by myself or without the help of a "professional" bothers me for some reason. I feel defeated, does that make sense? I am aftraid of what my family would think about me seeing a head doctor about stupid embarassing "tics" or whatever they are. They'd probably think "God, is she retarded? Where did we go wrong? This woman is far more fucked up than I/we can handle." I don't want them to look at me differently or worse, treat me different or pity me. I am a strong woman & I don't usually need my hand to be held by someone else. The thought of people turning their heads over my "problem", because it's weird to them or it's not normal, that scares me. Abandonment by my family, my husband especially, it just scares the hell out of me.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Nov 2009, 09:55
.love.struck.
How do you know if your Husband or family will think that way? That is assuming. I'm pretty sure if you talked to the person you feel the most comfortable with won't think your crazy. You clearly have an issue and you should do something about it before it gets worse. I don't like psychologist either, but talking about what is bothering you is a way to help you.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Nov 2009, 10:04
Talk Nerdy 2 Me
If I do anything that implies that I am not in a good mental state of health, I feel that it becomes this big burden on my husband because he will stress about it & make it out to be a bigger deal than I feel it is. Maybe that's part of the problem? I don't really have anyone who I feel close enough to who I feel I can trust to not judge me or bash me if & when I reveal my problem with the tics or whatever? Im going to google hotlines, maybe that will get me going in the right direction. They might be able to recommend a service anonymously or something? Thanks for your advice love struck. :)
0 likes [|reply]
25 Nov 2009, 10:05
Talk Nerdy 2 Me
Google "hotlines"
0 likes [|reply]
25 Nov 2009, 10:14
KerriBlue
Now your speaking some sense. Look, I didn't mean to be rude before, but just the way you were reacting to what everyone else had to say - it's like you weren't going to listen to anyone who didn't agree with you or said what you wanted to hear. I commend you for searching for hotlines and so forth, it's much more productive than this forum.

And if it counts, which I doubt it does, I have certain things that happen when I am under great amounts of stress and ONLY when I'm under stress. You might find that these, we'll call them quirky habbits, are stress related, because it does sound that way.

You may dislike doctors, but thats why I suggested a naturopath. They can give you a natural way of de-stressing, which may cure you of whatever it is that ails you. If you do manage to de-stress and it's still happening, then perhaps it's something else and you need to do more research.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Nov 2009, 10:22
Talk Nerdy 2 Me
Naturopath? What is that? An all natural dr.? I think my mother use to work for one of those. He ended up being a back flipping quack job though.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Nov 2009, 10:27
KerriBlue
I don't know if they count as doctors. But if you find a good one they can be beneficial. I did work experience with a pretty good Naturopath. They just offer a more natural way of curing things. So they can see by the colour of your eyes, skin, tongue whats wrong and figure out a way of healing you. It's not crazy witch doctor stuff. It's actually very common these days. I know the one I did work experience for did accupuncture, massage and all sorts of things.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Nov 2009, 10:33
KerriBlue
And I wouldn't recommend listening to anything love.struck says. She was declared mentally unfit a couple of weeks ago, she's awaiting a psych evaluation. She stabbed her husband with a pencil.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Nov 2009, 10:38
.love.struck.
*sits in the corner*

BUT HE DESERVED IT! Haha. Was the pencil sharpened or flat when I stabbed him. I don't remember. You know, I get those blackouts. Haha.

K
0 likes [|reply]
25 Nov 2009, 10:41
KerriBlue
One of your multiple personalities told me it was blunt, in a mad rage you said you wanted to inflict as much pain on him as possible.

And don't blame your ignorance on "blackouts".
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends