Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Suggestion Box
Page:  1 
Let's try this again...
0 likes [|reply]
17 Oct 2009, 14:46
eringeticâ„¢
I'm gonna try to do this WITHOUT any grammar mistakes. Here it goes!

I think a Whose Friends' List Am I On? would be a cool idea.
Maybe it could have an option like the faves list, where you can privatize it, to prevent the anticipated dramaz.

What are your opinions/thoughts on having a Whose Friends' List Am I On?
Please NO drama is this thread.
Let's just be civil adults and have an actual discussion for once. :D
0 likes [|reply]
17 Oct 2009, 15:07
i blame mac
I can anticipate people bringing up drama with that feature. If you think about it, if someone considers another as a friend, they may expect the same in return. That may not be the fact, so they may flip their lid and start some drama. I personally think it's a bad idea for that. No need to add to the already dramatic bloop.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Oct 2009, 15:16
Estella
Well, the friends list and the block list are inextricably linked. So this feature would have to come along with a 'whose blocked list am I on?' feature too. Which I'm totally all for - such fun, yo! Bloop without drama is nothing!
0 likes [|reply]
17 Oct 2009, 17:59
Aiure
I'd like to see the blocked list too. Tho I doubt I've made any enemies here, but that's beside the point. I'm a very, very curious person. Knowing who's ignoring me would only satisfy my curiosity (and make me giggle), rather than fuel anger.
0 likes [|reply]
20 Oct 2009, 21:13
~RedFraggle~
I'd loved to see a 'who's blocked me' list! I can guess one or two, but I bet there's others! ;D
0 likes [|reply]
18 Oct 2009, 11:41
Doc
Creating a "whose (insert random list here, be it blocked, friend, fave, etc) list am I on" is rather simple. In fact, a lot of these we already did a long time ago and just never made public. Of course they would have to be rewritten due to the major improvements to the base code that Steve implemented, but still easy enough to do.

I think the real question is......... should we release all of those? Or any of them for that matter. Look at all the bullshit that came out of the "who's viewed it" feature. Hell, we were rather proud of releasing a feature that allowed people to deal with online stalkers. Now people abuse it to demand comments to name one pattern that resulted from it. There are other ways they abuse it, but you get the general idea.

Please list any and all reasons to add them. Also list any possible reasons not to. It will be quite interesting to see which list holds more weight, so to speak. Then after I have gathered all the data I can on it, I will go to Steve and see what he thinks.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Oct 2009, 16:08
Estella
Reasons to add them: lots of exciting dramaz, yo! You are fond of saying yourself that it is drama that attracts people to Bloop - the Bloop numbers soar when there is drama! Besides, Botty and I can have competitions to see who gets the most blockers - we like to do that when we are bored, yo! And it might make Botty come to Bloop more often - she has been rather lax in her attendance lately!

Is naughty Steve not reading the forumz himself, yo? Gosh, he should be keeping an eye on what all the naughty Bloopers are getting up to! However, I am very certain he will not add a 'who's blocked me' feature! ;D Still, it is fun to speculate on all the dramaz such a feature would create.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Oct 2009, 09:03
& skull.
i vote no, because people are whiney assholes.
0 likes [|reply]
20 Oct 2009, 12:38
lithium layouts.
I personally wouldn't use it. I don't really have/use a friends list. (I have an extremely short one, for people to see my testing entries for layouts, but that's about it. xD) (Although I don't even have my faves list shown, so I might not be the best source of information. xD)

Pros:
1. A cool feature. xD Like any feature that allows us to... do... stuff. xD I'm sure people out there would use it. And as we all know, new features attract people to Bloop and encourage Xtra purchases.
2. It'd be a good way for people to connect with those of similar interests to them (similar to a fave's list).

Cons:
1. Privacy issues; I'm sure some people wouldn't want to show everyone their friends list, or be shown to be on someone's friends list (but this is obviously void if you make it optional, which I'm assuming it will be).
2. Redundancy/overlap with having a public faves list; I'd probably prefer to show my faves list rather than my friends list; just makes more sense to me.
3. Ego issues, which leads us to the drama thing. xD Drama, as Estella said, will cause people to possibly be attracted to Bloop, but it may also cause a bunch of people to leave. So the net effect would probably be zero, plus a whole lot of entertainment. xD

I'm just wondering, what is the aim behind it? Simply to release new features (which is always good xD)? To become a bit more like Myspace or Facebook, where you can see who's friended whom? Although the friends list on Bloop has quite a different function to the friends list on those other sites.
0 likes [|reply]
20 Oct 2009, 12:44
lithium layouts.
Oops @ apostrophe. xD
0 likes [|reply]
20 Oct 2009, 12:42
lithium layouts.
And to clarify my drama point: drama does definitely result in a surge in Bloop activity, but I'd be inclined to say that much of said activity is resultant from the 4 or 5 people involved in said drama. xD As for increasing member numbers, I'd probably be deterred from the site if I saw a whole lot of bitching and immaturity around the place. But that's just me, and others might react differently. Doc, have you noticed surges in member numbers during dramatic times? (And can you be sure that they're legit new members, and not just existing members creating new accounts to get around new drama-induced blocks, or wreak further havoc in the forums? xD)
0 likes [|reply]
20 Oct 2009, 21:15
~RedFraggle~
But the who's viewed isn't always abused. I use it to reassure myself that my diary isn't being read by people who know me offline. If that feature didn't exist, I'd feel I needed to put far more on FO, which would be a shame for the people who like reading who aren't on my friends list.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Oct 2009, 10:43
.Blue Bella.
I personally would not use it. I don't necessarily have my faves on my friends list. That doesn't mean that I don't think much of them, or that I don't consider them a friend. It is more because I hate having to do the exclusive lists every single time when I always put the same ppl on it, so I made my friends list the ppl I usually add to the exclusive list. People unfortunately are fucking sooks and will use this kind of feature as an excuse to exercise their sookiness.
0 likes [|reply]
20 Oct 2009, 02:25
Doc
bump
0 likes [|reply]
20 Oct 2009, 18:14
Rhapsody
I wouldn't use the feature either. I agree that it would be interesting and stimulating to have such knowledge, but I agree with the argument above: does Bloop actually thrive with the drama? If it does, then go for it. Right now, whatever it takes to keep the site going. If not, then don't bother with the frusteration.
0 likes [|reply]
20 Oct 2009, 21:17
~RedFraggle~
I honestly wouldn't use it either. Because I don't really care if I'm on someone's FO list or not, and usually it's obvious anyway, because when they write entries which they state are FO, I can see them. And the 'who's faves list' is pretty pointless because a lot of people (like me) opt not to have their faves list visible anyway.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Oct 2009, 13:49
feisty one.
I may have overlooked someone else already saying this in this thread but...there is a "Who's Faves' List Am I on?" feature.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Oct 2009, 14:58
~*Jodi*~
Yes. When you click "Manage my diary" it is on that first page, in the middle.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Oct 2009, 19:32
~RedFraggle~
As Jodi said it's on the 'manage my diary' page. BUT people can choose not to have their faves list on public. And a lot of people (like me) have selected that option. So you'll only be able to see the people who have you on their faves list if they're opted to have their faves list public.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Oct 2009, 14:57
~*Jodi*~
I don't think it's a bad idea, but I would not use this feature. I don't use the "whose faves list am I on" feature so I wouldn't use the "whose friends list am I on" feature. Nor would I use the "who blocked me" feature either. Because it doesn't really matter to me. I usually find out if I am on someone's friends list if they write a FO entry and I can see it. And if I am on their friends list, they are generally on my friends list. I have way more people on my faves list than on my friends list, and they are people I trust because we have an established relationship. If I have just met someone, I rarely put them on my friends list. It takes a little while before I add them to that list. But even now, there are probably only 10-15 people on that list, and I probably have over 100 faves, which I have broken down into categories.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Oct 2009, 19:42
Emily the Strange
I don't think it's a bad idea, but I use my bloop for me, not for anyone else...so if I'm on someone's friend's list, that's cool, but if not, no sweat. I think it's easy to make bloop into almost a myspace by "collecting" favorites and friends. I would hope we could stay away from that.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends