Search
Not Logged In
Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1 
6 mo old baby gets hit by a train & survives!
0 likes [|reply]
16 Oct 2009, 18:50
Makayla
SYDNEY (AFP) – A six-month-old baby boy whose pram rolled onto railway tracks in front of an oncoming train has survived with only a bump to the head, officials said Friday.

The child, who was strapped into his stroller when the accident occurred, was dragged about 35 metres (yards) by the train as it pulled into Ashburton station in Melbourne's east on Thursday afternoon.

"The pram rolled a very short distance straight over the edge of the platform and onto the tracks right as the train was coming in," Connex trains spokesman John Rees told AFP.

"The baby has gotten away with just a cut on the forehead."

Rees said the driver slammed on the brakes as hard as possible as soon as he saw the pram tumble in front of him, and was aided by the fact that the train was slowing down as it entered the station.

Paramedics, who arrived to find the baby being comforted by his mother, confirmed the child received a bump on his head.

"Luckily he was strapped into his pram at the time, which probably saved his life," paramedic Jon Wright said in a statement.

The accident occurred one day after Connex issued a child safety awareness campaign focusing on warning parents to keep infants strapped into their prams at all times while on train platforms.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Oct 2009, 18:51
Makayla
A video of it is here: http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=16122252&ch=4226714&src=news
0 likes [|reply]
16 Oct 2009, 19:26
Acid Fairy
I read this earlier. Pretty amazing.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Oct 2009, 07:23
~*Peace of Mind*~
His guardian angel was certainly with him....
0 likes [|reply]
16 Oct 2009, 18:55
Minda Hey Hey™
what i want to know is wtf is a baby doing on train tracks anyway :-S?
0 likes [|reply]
16 Oct 2009, 18:59
Makayla
The stroller accidently rolled onto the tracks as the train was pulling in. The mother should have had the little lock-in brakes on though that are above the heels. You can just push them down with your foot & the wheels won't turn with them on. I'm sure the mom will do that from now on. It's just a miracle this baby survived. You can see by the video that the people standing there when the train hits it, just walk away with shock because nobody would expect him to live after that.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Oct 2009, 19:00
Minda Hey Hey™
Wow. Yeah she should have. Thank goodness that baby is okay. I mean obviously the mother didn't MEAN for that to happen...I don't know. Accidents happen though. And I know what those brakes are lol. I'm going to have to watch the video.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Oct 2009, 19:11
Makayla
Well I mean I explained to you what they were because I didn't know what they were until I had a kid & had to use them. :P
0 likes [|reply]
16 Oct 2009, 19:13
Minda Hey Hey™
Lol. I was actually going to apologize for coming off that way! I feel like an ass now :p.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Oct 2009, 19:20
Makayla
No, it's fine. I didn't mean to talk to you like an idiot either. lol
0 likes [|reply]
16 Oct 2009, 19:17
Minda Hey Hey™
HOLY CRAP! I just watched the video, that is CRAZY. Thank goodness that baby is okay. What a freakin' miracle!
0 likes [|reply]
16 Oct 2009, 19:26
Let It Be
WOW!!! That is amazing that he survived, let alone with only a bump on the head. Lucky baby.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Oct 2009, 04:29
Hidden Depths
I watched that video without meaning to because it came on after something else I was watching on MSNBC. Well, since I had been talking to a co-worker, I didn't have my headphones on to hear the announcer say that the baby is actually okay, so I saw the stroller roll, the mom FREAK THE F*** OUT! then WHAMO! Train.. Then I freaked the f- out. NUTS! Then I replayed it and heard that the baby was okay and it took a few seconds to calm my heart-rate down. I could -not- imagine being that mother or being there when it happened.

Did her arm get hit by the train? I can't really tell.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Oct 2009, 06:08
Makayla
I don't think so. I think she pulled it back just in time. I think everyone walked away in the video because you can imagine what they thought had happened.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends