Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1  2 
Woman faces fines for watching neighbor's kids
0 likes [|reply]
30 Sep 2009, 20:20
Fiat
And this is what happens when government gets involved in our lives. Can't even send our kids to the neighbors house without Big Brother's approval.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Sep 2009, 21:13
Mary Magdelene
I wouldn't call DHS the government. Oh sure, they're a government agency, but certainly not the government. This is happening because the state government didn't get specific in what it meant with this law they are currently using against this woman. Which is why the government is getting involved to clarify the law. The law was meant to protect families and children from people who use their homes AS childcare facilities but aren't licensed, NOT about neighbors helping neighbors like this. DHS is just being DHS and not using common sense in it's use of this particular law (as they do with lots of other laws).

And the neighbor who turned her in needs to seriously get a life. Probably the mother of a bully child who this mother said no to watching in the morning and now she's getting back at her the only way she knows how....anonymously (read: cowardly) turning her in for something that really isn't worthy of being handled by the DHS.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Oct 2009, 15:54
T.A.I
Seriously.

Either that or some before-school program or before-school daycare center got word that this woman was watching children, and that center/program wants it's $$$.
0 likes [|reply]
8 Oct 2009, 02:30
DivaAshley
But, these kids are riding the bus, and the before school programs don't keep bus riders... I wonder if the neighbor who turned her in actually runs a home daycare or something? That would make sense.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Sep 2009, 23:51
mixie
I really don't understand. Is she getting paid or what?
I would also like to know who reported her. I highly doubt DHS had someone staking out her house to record if the kids went there for four weeks in a row or not.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Oct 2009, 00:23
Mary Magdelene
She is not getting paid.
A neighbor turned her in.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Oct 2009, 03:13
ťOliviaŤ
This is ridiculous. So basically, if "Johnny" wants to go play with "Tommy" at his house, "Tommy's mother" has to have a license??? That's BS. And they seriously told her to tell them to buy an umbrella?? What about the cold? They really want the kids to stand outside in negative degree temperatures in the middle of winter to wait for a bus for 40 minutes??? Are you freakin' kidding me????????
0 likes [|reply]
1 Oct 2009, 09:18
.love.struck.
So no one but a licensed professional can watch a child? That is insane! Some asshole neighbor probably called the state and made some false story up. Why else would they go through all this. Either way, this is ridiculous.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Oct 2009, 19:08
PakistaniDiva06
This is crazy. People wonder why our society is indifferent to one another...here's a perfect example.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Oct 2009, 01:57
Greta Garbage
Bloop Community Organizer
Next thing you know, in Michigan, you'll need to apply for a parenting license before your child is born or the hospital cannot release your child to you. *rolls eyes*
0 likes [|reply]
3 Oct 2009, 21:20
jessi bear(:
hmm.. in some cases a parenting license may be a good idea! haha.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Oct 2009, 23:12
Greta Garbage
Bloop Community Organizer
true but how would anyone be able to regulate this? lol
0 likes [|reply]
3 Oct 2009, 23:38
jessi bear(:
haha. also true. but it would definitely be ideal.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends