Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1 
3 Charged in Beating Caught on Video
0 likes [|reply]
29 Sep 2009, 00:06
-kay
Link to full story and video: http://news.aol.com/article/derrion-alberts-beating-death-captured/690024?icid=main|main|dl3|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.aol.com%2Farticle%2Fderrion-alberts-beating-death-captured%2F690024

CHICAGO (Sept. 28) – Three teenagers were charged Monday in the beating death of a 16-year-old Chicago honor roll student on his way home from school, a melee captured on a cell phone video that shows a group striking him with boards and kicking him as he lay on a sidewalk.

Albert was attacked around 3 p.m. Thursday in front of Agape Community Center in the south Chicago neighborhood of Roseland, where he was walking to a bus stop, authorities said.
The violence stemmed from a shooting early Thursday morning involving two groups of students, said Tandra Simonton, a spokeswoman for the Cook County prosecutor's office. When school ended, members of the two groups began fighting.

The attack, captured in part on a bystander's cell phone video, shows Albert being struck on the head by one of several young men wielding wooden planks. After he falls to the ground an appears to try to get up, he is struck again and then kicked.

Prosecutors charged Silvonus Shannon, 19, Eugene Riley, 18, and Eric Carson, 16, with first-degree murder, and they were ordered held without bond on Monday, said Andy Conklin, a spokesman for the Cook County prosecutor's office.

Simonton said Albert was a bystander and not part of either group. She said Albert was knocked unconscious when Carson struck him in the head with a board and the second person punched him in the face. Albert regained consciousness and was trying to get up when he was attacked a second time by five people and was struck in the head with a board by Riley and stomped in the head by Shannon, Simonton said.

Watching this made me think of the cellphone video from a couple years ago with the Kurdish girl who was stoned to death for having a relationship a Sunni boy.
I can't even...Express. Anything.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Sep 2009, 16:33
DivaAshley
Those boys should be beaten and see how they like it.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Sep 2009, 00:22
Music God CJ Plain
People like that shouldn't go to prison. People like that need to just be taken out behind the jail and shot dead.

at MINIMUM, they should get the EXACT same treatment that the victim received.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Sep 2009, 00:52
[danielle electra.]
I agree with Music God of Bloop.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Sep 2009, 07:10
d0LLface
being shot dead would be getting off too easy. that video was sickening. i couldn't watch the whole thing.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Sep 2009, 15:08
Music God CJ Plain
It might be getting off too easy...but it would sure as hell gaurentee that these little animals NEVER had a chance to harm another living thing.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Sep 2009, 07:44
xoxo♥
Yes I totally agree. Our justice system is a little to easy to these turds. I do like the sheriff who makes the convicts live outside in tents, grow their own fod and wear hotpink jumpsuits. Send them there. lol
0 likes [|reply]
30 Sep 2009, 04:30
jessi bear(:
seeing his mother almost brought me to tears.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends