Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1 
The girl who cried blood
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 13:32
Krisstahღ
A lof of teens who cry blood have been popping up lately and the latest is known as "the girl who cries blood." The girl who cries blood is actually two different girls both from India. Rashida Khatoon and Twinkle Dwivedi are both young girls from India who suffer from an unusual affliction that makes them appear to cry blood. In fact, one of the two girls who cries blood, Twinkle Dwivedi, also bleeds from other parts of her body for no visible reason in the fashion of the Christian stigmata.

In late August 2009 another blood crying teen made headlines in the USA, Calvino Inman, 15 of Rockwood, TN. Combine the story Calvino Inman with the stories of Rashida Khatoon and Twinkle Dwivedi and it could seem like there a global epidemic of teens crying blood. Some may even think the teens who cry blood are holy. But crying blood really isn't new, and it isn't as mystical as faith may have some believe.

A rare condition not unknown to modern medicine is most likely the cause of the blood red tears. Known as Haemolacria the condition has a variety of causes from tumors to injury to hormonal changes in fertile women. Haemolacria manifests as bloody tears but the red tears are actually only partially composed of blood. The most extreme cases have a high concentration of blood in the tears but in milder manifestations it can go unnoticed by all but doctors.

However, although Haemolacria is a known condition in Western medicine to the people of rural India Rashida Khatoon, the girl who cries bloody tears, must seem like a marvel. The Hindi girl has been declared a holy vessel by local clerics and people in neighboring regions go on pilgrimage to see her cry her blood red tears.

Source: http://www.nowpublic.com/strange/girl-who-cries-blood-rashida-khatoon-and-twinkle-dwivedi

This is also now a TV show hosted by national geographic. It's insane.. and rather odd that both of the people are from the same country..
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 14:57
something amazing.
Wow, that's crazy. When I was born, my tear ducts were closed and when they finally opened, I cried blood for awhile. No one saw me as a holy vessel! *pouts* lol.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends