Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Television
Kanye West interrupts Taylor Swift during VMAs
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 03:35
Miss
watch clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9RggTrUIIM

SO messed up. that was her first VMA and he ran up and took the microphone from her during her speech. That was the most childish, ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Beyonce acted like a total lady about it and later on gave Taylor Swift time to finish her speech after Beyonce won the video of the year award,
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 03:42
Miss
whoops that vid got deleted, here's another one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdcY_3PdzBc
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 05:57
Mary Magdelene
Looks like they've both been deleted. Copyright claim from Viacom. How much you wanna bet it's really because Kanye doesn't want people seeing what an asshole he was?
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 06:04
Mary Magdelene
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VghjTkpfqDc
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 13:59
Miss
no, it's mtv doing it. MTV now has all the clips from the show on their website in case anyone hasn't seen it yet.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Sep 2009, 05:03
Awakened
Yeah, that was inappropriate and unacceptable behavior, along with the other misbehaviors by public figures this past week (Serena Williams and Joe Wilson). For the videos (and lesson to be learned), go to http://stanzo.blogspot.com/2009/09/inappropriate-behavior-kanye-joe-wilson.html
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 03:36
EiSAK
I agree. He thought he would make everyone cheer but he actually made himself look like more of an ass. Poor Taylor Swift. They said she was crying backstage... but at least they kicked Kanye out for that. GOOD FOR THEM! Maybe his dumbass will learn.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 03:38
Miss
ugh he had NO RIGHT to do that. I didn't know they kicked him out, good.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Sep 2009, 23:36
.xoxo
Taylor said today on the view that she had to compose herself because 5 minutes later she was performing. I don't think she cried.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 03:38
-kay
You beat me to it!
Fail.

Me, and Kanye. Douchebag.
Beyonce totally made it better, though.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 03:40
EiSAK
Ha... my words exactly.

I bet he never would have imagined that just by doing that one little stunt that all those people would change their minds about being his fans. He just wanted some attention. I bet he doesn't now, har.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 04:01
kel-sy
I'm sure the alcohol he brought to the award show wasn't exactly the best idea he ever had.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 04:07
Minda Hey Hey™
Really. I know some people are saying others are making too big of a deal about it but you know, in one dickhead move he took that moment from her--something she won't get back. Her first VMA. The look on her face was so sad. I'm sure she'll get many more in the years to come though.

I'm reminded of why I didn't like him in the first place.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 04:13
Beautiful Lies
I really would like to know why he is STILL being invited to any type of award show. He's the biggest d-bag ever and it's not like this is the first time he's had some sort of 'outburst.'
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 04:29
Aloha♥Nui Loa
FUCK i'm in hawai'i so i JUST saw that.....i'm shocked. he is SUCH an asshole. . . i hope someone punches him in the face. Earlier this year he was saying how he wants to better his image of being "the asshole" . . .good job on that one!
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 06:07
Minda Hey Hey™
So Beautiful Lies gave me a link that has documented all his outbursts and I have to say, I like this one the most:

» Date: November 2, 2006
» The Event: The MTV Europe Music Awards
» The Highlight: Kanye Storms The Stage At The EMAs, Does Wonders For U.S. Foreign Relations

After his "Touch the Sky" clip loses to Justice and Simian's "We Are Your Friends," West leaps onstage and interrupts the duo's acceptance speech, arguing that his video deserved to win because it "cost a million dollars and Pamela Anderson was in it." Backstage, he continues his tirade, telling members of the press that "it's complete bullsh--. I paid a million ... it took a month to film; I stood on a mountain; I flew a helicopter over Vegas. ... I did it to be the king of all videos." (He later admits to having had a "sippy sippy" or two before the outburst: see "Kanye Admits To Having Had A 'Sippy Sippy' [Or Two] Before EMA Rant.") It is — to this point — his finest tirade, an outburst so succinctly jingoistic and, well, downright American that it's no wonder the EMA audience booed. George W. Bush, on the other hand, probably did a sweet donut in his Camaro, played a lick of air guitar and was like, "F---in'-A right, Kanye."
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 06:21
already gone.
I don't know why he keeps doing such stupid things. He makes good music but damn his personality is going to really ruin his career. Poor Taylor. I didn't get to see the show but I saw the clip of Beyonce bringing her to the stage and you could hear how shaky her voice was.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 07:55
RealLifeComics
Would be shocked if Music VIDEO Awards actually meant anything, but they don't. Waste of time. Shouldnt the people who actually MAKE the videos get the award?
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 14:39
Acid Fairy
How very true.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 07:56
& skull.
how embarrassing for beyonce as well. i've never liked kanye. he's such a fucking idiot. i hope people stop buying his music, which is terrible anyway.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 08:28
Oprah Noodlemantra
What a fucking douchebag. I can't believe he did that, that's so fucked up. Let's not forget, this is also the man who flustered Mike Myers by announcing "George Bush hates black people" on live national television. Fucking prick.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 08:29
Oprah Noodlemantra
Also, I'm pretty sure his mother would be damn ashamed of his actions.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 11:43
& skull.
beyonce being gracious. i'm so glad she did that. that was so lovely of her.

also, check out what this idiot said in response to that video:

"GOOD For you Kanye. For having the Balls and conviction to speak your mind. Taylor Swift did not deserve the Award. I don't think Beyonce did but neither did Taylor! However I do feel sorry for Taylor for being humiliated and Beyonce was nice to let her have her moment. But I will go on and buy More Kanye for having the Courage to speak his mind and be honest about his feelings!! More people should be like HIM!!!"

are you freaking serious? how can anyone think his behaviour is good? he's done it multiple times before. it's such a bad example.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 12:34
Miss
oh yes, he courageously made an ass of himself and ruined a poor girl's first time getting a VMA! bravo, kanye
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 15:32
~*Jodi*~
Kanya is definitely showing exactly how "classy" he is. It totally out shadowed some of the highlights, including the tribute to Michael Jackson. Today people are talking about what Kanye did instead of that, and what Madonna said was very sweet.

Then Kanya says on his blog : "I gave my awards to Outkast when they deserved it over me," referring to the 2007 BET Awards, when he tried to give his trophy to the band. "I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real."

If he really wanted to be "real" then he should've said his piece on his blog, twitter, facebook, etc, instead of getting up at the awards as if he owns them. It's not like he's the damed Executive Producer. Even Beyonce looked like "oh no he didn't" when he was up there saying that on-stage. She probably didn't win the category that Swift did because she won video of the year. The VMAs probably said, "why give her both of them?"
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends