Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1 
kyle sandilands offends again.
0 likes [|reply]
8 Sep 2009, 15:48
& skull.
Shock jock Kyle Sandilands has apologised for saying actress Magda Szubanski could become skinny if she was in a concentration camp.

Sandilands is expected to face the wrath of advertisers and listeners only weeks after he and co-host Jackie O sparked a furore over a segment in which a 14-year-old girl, who was hooked up to a lie detector, revealed she was raped when she was 12.

Some major sponsors withdrew advertising from the Austereo group, the owner of 2DayFM, and Kyle and broadcaster Jackie O went off-air for two weeks.

Szubanski, who is a spokeswoman for a weight loss company, has lost 25kg since she appeared on the comedy series Kath and Kim.

Her family is of Polish origin, a country where many of the worst Nazi concentration camps, including Auschwitz, were located.

Sandilands joked on Tuesday that Szubanski's work with the weight loss campaign was not finished.

"Magda could have another run out of it," he said on 2Day FM.

"She could get another season out of them, easy ... she's not skinny."

Jackie O suggested Szubanski might not be able to lose any more weight due to her build.

"That's what all fat people say," Sandilands replied.

"You put her in a concentration camp and you watch the weight fall, like she could be skinny."

Sandilands offered an apology late on Tuesday, saying he did no mean to cause offence.

"It was not my intention to upset anyone and I sincerely apologise to anyone offended by my comments," he said in a statement issued by Austereo.

Szubanski brushed off Sandilands' on-air comments, but said they were offensive to those who had suffered in concentration camps.

"I couldn't give two hoots about what Kyle says about me, but to trivialise what happened to people in concentration camps is abhorrent," she said in a statement.

The head of Austereo Group Ltd Peter Harvie has previously admitted he does not listen much to Sandilands and Jackie O.

article here

will someone please get this piece of shit off the radio already? magda is a lovely woman and kyle's a fucking scum bag. i don't understand how jackie o can even associate herself with this bastard.
0 likes [|reply]
8 Sep 2009, 18:02
Mary Magdelene
I have no idea who these people are, but really? He didn't mean to cause offence? "It was not my intention to upset anyone"? What the hell did he THINK would happen when he said those words? I mean seriously.

BRAINS. Use them.
0 likes [|reply]
8 Sep 2009, 23:18
Mistress Sarah
I think he's being specifically attacked now. I mean, yes, he's a freaking douche, but I imagine that he's said things like that in the past and is only now getting slogged for it cause attention is on him to be polite and perform. I listen to 104.7 a lot, and I have to CACK myself laughing sometimes at the inappropriate things they say!!! I mean, yes, making a joke of the girl who was raped was WAY out of line, but this latest lil joke??? mmmm yeah, I'm not so sure. I can see why it's been slammed, but I think it's a bit excessive.
0 likes [|reply]
9 Sep 2009, 06:13
& skull.
i don't think it's excessive at all. that is a HORRIBLE thing to say about her and people who suffered through the holocaust. if he's being targeted it's because he knows saying shit like this gets him attention. kyle is an asshole and people should just ignore him till he goes away.
0 likes [|reply]
9 Sep 2009, 22:49
Mistress Sarah
But dude, then you can't watch things like family guy.... I mean, they pay the shit out of the Nazi party, concentration camps, etheopians... I mean, these jokes are all around us, they're everywhere. I do believe that he is specifially being targeted and I'm not entirely sure it's fair. I see this human spew from the mouths of tonnes of people on tv and the radio.... But yes, Kyle is a tool, without a doubt.
0 likes [|reply]
9 Sep 2009, 23:12
Mistress Sarah
mmm that sentence is retarded. Early morning. I meant to say, "I see these jokes spew from the mouths of tonnes of people...." ssiiiigghhh... I need sleep.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Sep 2009, 11:15
& skull.
but they don't personally target one person. he targeted her because of her weight and he was too stupid to realise her family would've had history with it, and it just wasn't funny. at least when family guy does it it's usually funny, and not just some shitty jibe. from memory family guy has payed out the nazi party, but i don't remember them making fun of the holocaust or etheopians, but south park did.
0 likes [|reply]
12 Sep 2009, 03:57
Mistress Sarah
Mmmm I probable am thinking of south park too. But celebrities and politicians get targeted all of the time, regardless of their background or current status. In fact they usually get targeted specifically for the combination of the two. Yeah, I didn't find the joke funny, but I still believe he is being unfairly targeted.
0 likes [|reply]
12 Sep 2009, 03:59
Mistress Sarah
Mmmm I probable am thinking of south park too. But celebrities and politicians get targeted all of the time, regardless of their background or current status. In fact they usually get targeted specifically for the combination of the two. Yeah, I didn't find the joke funny, but I still believe he is being unfairly targeted.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Sep 2009, 06:44
& skull.
even kyle's own father thinks he should think before he speaks. since he went off air once, of course the media's going to be fixated on him and waiting for the next ridiculous thing that comes out of his mouth. he would've known that and i think he probably said that to gain more attention for himself. it's stupid for anyone to give him any attention at all, because that's what he wants. you shouldn't get attention for saying horrible things, but people do. if people could ignore him he'd be off air in two seconds, but they can't. i'd rather listen to pete and miff, as dull as they were, because they're not saying terrible things just to make a name for themselves.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Sep 2009, 07:15
Mistress Sarah
Yep, I agree. He shouldda been aware that he would be targeted, and he's a bloody douche bag, but it annoys me that jokes that a great deal of comedians employ are being labelled as grossly inappropriate simply because they've spewed from his mouth.......
0 likes [|reply]
9 Sep 2009, 12:45
davidsengel82
Totally agree...
I have had the pleasure of meeting Jackie O in person a while back and she is a lovely person... God alone knows how she can stand to work with such a c**khead
0 likes [|reply]
9 Sep 2009, 12:58
& skull.
she probabtly hates it, but when you're in the industry i guess you work with whoever to stay in the gig.
0 likes [|reply]
9 Sep 2009, 12:47
lithium layouts.
He's always irritated me. xD I'm getting quite bored of him.
0 likes [|reply]
8 Sep 2009, 22:24
Gem♥
i just think its gotten way outta control! They cant say anything on radio anymore without people being offended... Yes Kyle is a jerk, but grow a little sense of humour peoples :)
0 likes [|reply]
9 Sep 2009, 06:14
& skull.
i do not find anything he said about her funny. i have a sense of humor, a pretty vulgar one at that, but what he said was out of line, and he knows it. it's why he said it. it gets him the attention he wants.
0 likes [|reply]
9 Sep 2009, 04:13
RealLifeComics
The guy is a jerk lets face it. I dislike him to the core, but I think people are over reacting and the news is making a big deal out of the crap he dribbles.
Still, Id love to kick him right in the stomach.
0 likes [|reply]
9 Sep 2009, 05:59
an empty frame.
He's a dickhead, for sure. She's lost a LOT of weight and to just shrug it off and say she could be skinnier is just... I dunno, mean? Fucken look at him! He's ugly, fat, grumpy, and half of Australia hates him. Magda on the other hand has had a successful career spanning over twenty years (I may be wrong about that one, but I'm pretty sure she's been on TV since 1985) and is an Australian icon. She had a health problem and she did something about it. She wasn't losing weight to be skinny, she was losing weight to save her life. She deserves some fucking respect.
The media is probably making a big deal out of it, for sure, but it doesn't excuse the fact that he is a rude, disgusting idiot.
0 likes [|reply]
10 Sep 2009, 01:48
davidsengel82
Kyle Sandlands is a massive wanker... His wife is a tart (to put it nicely) who only married him to publicise herself and her business. she even used him to help plug a comeback to her failed music career... No wonder he is such a bitter person if thats what he can get to marry him... Not that I feel sorry for him.. He is very cruel and just down right ignorant. And to say something so, I dont know, insensitive just reinforces that fact.
0 likes [|reply]
10 Sep 2009, 04:16
KerriBlue
I agree with that...about his wife. Only because their whole wedding was one massive publicity stunt. Didn't he even sell tickets to the public or something? I think I remember them having issues with not being able to fill seats...via the media and so forth...so they started offering them to the public...for money. But the whole thing was like a giant circus. It's like they both thought they were entitled to a wedding to rival that of the royal family or something. Like they ARE the biggest celebrities Australia has? PLEASE.

I have a sense of humour. BUT I hate what he said. When it comes to jokes about concentration camps...I don't find them AT ALL funny. But all of that aside, I still hate him, I dislike him, he thinks he's all that and a bag of chips...I believe he needs to be cut back down to size. I think he needs to realise that people don't think he's the biggest thing since sliced bread.

I'd be happy to see him gone.
0 likes [|reply]
10 Sep 2009, 04:56
davidsengel82
Well said hun :)
0 likes [|reply]
10 Sep 2009, 20:39
once.upon.a.time.
I never liked him and he's just made himself look like an even bigger ass than people already thought he was. And apparently he's hiding from the press in L.A. Lol.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Sep 2009, 01:07
Estella
WELL, CLEARLY HE'S RUDE AND INAPPROPRIATE, BUT I'M NOT SURE HOW HE'S TRIVIALISING THE EXPERIENCE OF PEOPLE WHO WERE IN CONCENTRATION CAMPS. I MEAN, IT IS TRUE. IF SOMEONE IS IN A CONCENTRATION CAMP, OF COURSE THEY LOSE WEIGHT. IT IS A STATEMENT OF FACT. SAME AS SAYING THAT IF YOU STARVE SOMEONE THEY LOSE WEIGHT. PEOPLE ALWAYS TALK ABOUT HOW STARVING MAKES PEOPLE LOSE WEIGHT - IT IS NEVER SEEN AS TERRIBLY OFFENSIVE TO ALL THE GENUINELY STARVING PEOPLE IN THE WORLD.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Sep 2009, 01:44
KerriBlue
He could have told her to go to Camp Krusty's Fat Camp. I still think it would have been inappropriate...but he didn't need to make a joke of something that caused great devestation for many, many people. Regardless of whether it's fact or not.

If he wanted to make a joke of it...he could have (like I said) suggested fat camp or something. He didn't have to refer to such an awful issue in history.

(P.s. For all those who aren't Simpsons addicts...Camp Krusty was an episode...and they had a fat camp)
0 likes [|reply]
11 Sep 2009, 01:51
KerriBlue
I said "I still think it would have been inappropriate" only because..the person in question has lost a considerable amount of weight..and it was never so that she could be a swimsuit cover girl...but moreso for her health and well being. She has done a great deal in promoting health for women (and probably men).

Dieting and weightloss isn't always about...being as skinny and "good-looking" as a cover girl. It should be about health and lifestyle. Maintaining a healthy, positive perspective on life. I think she did a good job trying to...get that message across...and for Kyle to...go make a joke of that...to suggest that she's still too fat...and should go starve herself...I think its just crossing the boundry a bit.

On that note, I think its a bit rich that he can go make jibes like that about other people..when...if you look at him - he's no Playgirl Pinup himself. It's like he wants women to look a certain way...but its perfectly okay for him to look however he wants.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends