What do you consider cheating (i.e., sex, kissing, hanging out, being emotionally attached, oral sex, etc...)?
Anything you couldn't say or do in front of your partner.
- Why do you think that people cheat (i.e., bad relationship, commitment phobia, self-esteem issues, etc...)?
bored with the relationship, arguing with their partner all the time, could be a number of reasons
- Do you think that it is ever okay to cheat? If so, when is it okay to cheat on someone? If not, why do you feel that way?
no, it's never okay in my book to cheat. You should leave the relationship if you start getting attached to someone else physically or emotionally.
- If you were being cheated on, would you dump the person or would you try to save the relationship?
that all depends on how long I'd been with them and if I loved them.
- If you were the cheater, and you were caught cheating, would you expect to be dumped or would you hope to be forgiven?
I would hope to be forgiven, but wouldn't expect it. I wouldn't want to be in the relationship anymore though, because something was wrong for me to cheat in the first place.
- Do you consider it cheating if you are not married to the person, but are only in a committed relationship?
yes, anytime someone is in a relationship they should always be faithful to the other person esp. if they are sexually involved with each other, and have sex with someone else. that is just sleazy & you should have more respect for the other person if you were sexually involved with someone else so the other person can protect themselves.
- If one person cheats in a marriage, should the other person automatically "win" the divorce and get all of the community property they gained during the marriage?
No, there are a lot of different things that should come into play in my opinion.
- Do you consider dating several people at once cheating? What if the other people know that you are dating other people and are free to date others also?
If it's an open relationship that the other person is aware of you dating other people then it's not cheating, but if you keep it secret, then yes I would consider it cheating.
- Is an "open" relationship considered cheating? Is it still technically adultery if both people do it and are okay with it?
No, but if you are married, then cheating is cheating in my book, marriage is something sacred to me.
- Do you consider emotional cheating worse than physical cheating, or is physical cheating worse than emotional cheating?
Physical is worse than emotional, but both are hurtful to the same degree. Physical just takes it to another level, you can get emotionally attached to someone without meaning too, but taking your clothes off and having sex is something you meant to do and knew exactly what the consequences were and who you were going to hurt in the end.
- Can someone ever be fully forgiven for cheating? Will the relationship ever really be the same again if they stay together?
The relationship will never be the same. You can be forgiven, but the person will never forget what you did to them, and no matter what someone does to make up for cheating they can never take back the pain they caused the other person.
- Is it true that once a cheater always a cheater?
No, I believe people mature, and can go from being a "player" to being a great father, husband, and family man as mine did. My man cheated on a lot of his girlfriends, and even his previous fiancee. When we met, everyone told me not to get too attached because he was pretty wild and free, but for some reason with me, he was totally different. He was the one who wanted to settle down and get serious.