Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Books
Page:  1  2 
Jodi Picoult
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jul 2009, 02:13
foreverglow
I just finished reading My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult and it was such a good book.

I'm wondering if any of you that have read her books have any more book suggestions from her?
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jul 2009, 15:25
.Ban.Ignorance.
My favorites are Keeping Faith, 19 minutes, Handle with Care, .. there was one more but I can't remember. She is a genius writer isn't she?
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jul 2009, 19:00
foreverglow
I really enjoyed My Sister's Keeper.. I'm def. interested in reading more of her books! Thanks for the suggestions.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Mar 2011, 07:02
Isis
I've read My Sister's Keeper, The Pact, Salem Falls, Nineteen Minutes, Picture Perfect, The Tenth Circle and Plain Truth. I think there was another one to add to that list - Perfect Match or something? The one where the attorney's son is assaulted? (Not sure of the name, sorry).

Plain Truth was the only one that really struck a cord with me, I ended up re-reading it. Just something about the story that got me. My least favourite is Picture Perfect, not sure why. Very nearly didn't finish it.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Mar 2011, 03:09
ninga
I have read Songs of the Humpback Whale, The Pact, Keeping Faith, Plain Truth, Perfect Match, Second Glance, My Sister's Keeper, Vanishing Acts, The Tenth Circle, Nineteen Minutes, Change of Heart, Handle With Care, and House Rules. The only one i didnt care for much was The Tenth Circle....but it wasnt horrible. She is an amazing writer...and her endings tend to make you go WTF!?! Id recomend any of them.
The movie they made of My Sisters Keeper sucked LOL. Had i not read the book i would have liked it, but they put a whole different twist on it and changed it up so much. Had it been just like the book...ending and all, would have been better!
0 likes [|reply]
21 Mar 2011, 14:05
.Ban.Ignorance.
I have read almost all of her books. I just got the new one but haven't started it yet. She is my favorite author! I loved Handle with Care, the Pact, Change of Heart, Nineteen Minutes
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jul 2009, 02:45
Greta Garbage
Bloop Community Organizer
I just finished Handle With Care. It was very emotional. I am currently reading The Tenth Circle
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jul 2009, 03:01
-kay
Did it make you cry? I have to be honest. I was bawling.
But McDonald's commercials make me cry, so that isn't saying much, I guess.

I've also read The Pact. It's sad, but I really loved it.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jul 2009, 15:23
.Ban.Ignorance.
lol im right there with ya!
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jul 2009, 19:03
foreverglow
I wanted to bawl really bad. Because the ending was just so shocking - not expected.. and on top of that I was having a horrible day. lol
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jul 2009, 03:16
Minda Hey Hey™
Change Of Heart is really good as well.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jul 2009, 03:24
ThatDarnMiranda
I actually didn't like Change of Heart. It's ending was just like...abrupt. But I normally love her books. Second Glance is my favorite.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jul 2009, 03:27
Minda Hey Hey™
Yeah it was kind of abrupt at the ending, that's true! I guess I just liked it cos I related to it a lot with the heart issues and all lol. I'll have to check out that Second Glance one!
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jul 2009, 03:39
Tam I Am
The Tenth Circle was my favorite by far. I love her. She's my favorite author in the world.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jul 2009, 05:34
kid at heart.
I've read My Sister's Keeper (loved it), The Pact (it was good, and sad), Change of Heart (I have mixed feelings about this one), and Nineteen Minutes (which I loved and recommend).

I have to avoid the Wal-Mart book section because they always sell them for, like, $8, which is cheap compared to the $12-14 that they usually are :).
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jul 2009, 06:37
Sphinx
I just read 'Keeping Faith' and it was amazing. Whether you have religious beliefs or not, 'Keeping Faith' really gets to you...
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jul 2009, 19:04
foreverglow
What other ones have you read, Rach?
0 likes [|reply]
29 Jul 2009, 04:55
Sphinx
just 'My Sisters Keeper'...but I just started 'The Pact' and am getting 'Mercy' soon.... :) I've heard 19 Minutes is amazing.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jul 2009, 06:46
theseeker
I've read 19 Minutes, Handle With Care, and My Sister's Keeper. My Sister's Keeper was my favorite. 19 minutes was very good -- I liked all of Handle with Care except the ending... it wasn't well written.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jul 2009, 08:31
.Blue Bella.
I hated the ending of that as well... after all they went through for that to happen.. gay!
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jul 2009, 07:33
simply.love
Jodi is my fave. I've read all of them but Handle with Care, which i'll get onto soon. I think The Tenth Circle was my least favourite. I loved Mercy - it's a real love story. & i quite liked Plain Truth & 19 minutes.
My Sisters Keeper is a movie now :) I am SO excited to see it!
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jul 2009, 08:39
Bittersweet
I just finished reading Salem Falls and I really enjoyed it!
I'm starting Second Glance tomorrow
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jul 2009, 12:10
Lily-my one and only
i've read all of them, and honestly, they are all great! the only one i didn't care too much for was songs of the humback whale.
but 19 minutes, handle with care, the pact, are some of my faces
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jul 2009, 15:25
Transit
I don't like her, her books are badly written.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jul 2009, 17:58
Chris
I agree with Transit.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends